Can anyone explain the logic of the people coming on this particular site to hate on the opposite gender?

Seriously, is there a less logical place to hate on the opposite sex to members than this one yet why does it happen so often. What am I missing?

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of people say things on here that they don't say in real life for fear of having their face rearranged. Kind of like the bullies on the CB radio. They call them the radio rambos. I guess we have a lot of internet rambos too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, there is actually no proper logic in that. Probably they just want to vent it out on the opposite gender or it's possible they want to put the opposite gender down by showing them as cheap.

What Girls Said 12

• It's because GaG promotes misogynistic content and does a poor job of policing harassment, stalking, and antagonism of women. We found out that GaG even took out the portion of the TOU that said they wouldn't allow discrimination based on gender.

So people see those types of posts on social media and get reeled into the site which in turn supports that type of user who shares more and grows that portion of the community.

I also think that kind of person feels it's more acceptable to run their mouth thanks to Donald. We already know hate crimes and bullying are up in the real world. Why not online too?

• It's not just hating the opposite gender- there seems to be a large number of people who revel in hating anyone who's LGBT.

But no matter what their pet hatred, it's our duty to counter them everywhere in order to try to stamp out bigotry. I think the best way to do this is to just keep asking questions that reveal the ridiculousness of the ideas. The goal in doing this is not to make them change right then and there, but to plant doubts in their minds so that they can figure things out for themselves later on.

• Guys feel threatened that women want to stand up for themselves and be treated fairly and are mad that they still have to earn sex and our vagina isn't their personal property to have fun with just because they take us out for coffee one time.

• mostly cause of feminism many guys feel threatened lol

• People seem to (mistakenly) use this site to vent, which can really fck up the whole 'advice giving' part of the website.

• I guess it is because the only thing they can read from this site's name is the opposite gender's name, so they think this is the place where they can freely hate the people with different genitalia than yours.

• The Internet in general allows people a place to vent when they normally couldn't or wouldn't say anything about any given topic. It also allows for people to not think things through fully or properly before they share a piece of information, an opinion, or a thought.

As such, that is why you see a lot of hate about the opposite gender, religion, race, politics, etc... Someone may have just been rejected in a terrible, unnecessary way. That person then goes online and rants about how horrible someone is and that their entire gender must be like that and how much they suck and that they're never dating again or never approaching someone again, that it isn't worth it, and so on and so forth.

• lel I have no idea. 😆

• They were burned in a relationship and want to vent maybe?

• One day I had to fight with a guy who HORRIBLY hated women. Smh what a shame

• I think it's the type of people mixed in with internet anonymity.

• People need a place to vent. GaG serves that role :p

What Guys Said 13

• 4|1
  • Most of them probably feel like idiots after reading back what they type - these people just need a hug from the opposite gender. Bad experience and need to vent once.

Some people are on a spectrum somewhere and don't understand social norms.

Others have just given up and are here simply to hate in order to find SOME kind of self-esteem or confidence.

• Cause of their bad experience with the opposite gender, they've become bitter and the internet is easy to spit fire anonymously

"Damn, she didn't give me a chance to even say hi and gave me a bitchy look"... Why are all woman evil bitches? Why do you hate guys so much? Leave us alone

"Damn, my boyfriend cheated on me"... Why are all guys cheaters, why do you cheat? Do you have no emotion?

• They want to vent frustrations, obviously. Where else to do it?

reddit or 4chan or some shit

But there you can't exactly be sure if the other person is of the opposite gender or not. This place is perfect if you hate hate women and want to bash them.

Not that I do that - I'm just saying things as they are.

• Their is too much anger flailing around and this seems to be a place where cowards can be anon

• They must be really bored.

• An audience - Oxygen to the drama kings/queens

• You seriously think this site is bad? Go to the forum on this site and get insulted when you introduce yourself. lol

datehookup. com

• They probably got rejected by a girl so they put on their tough face and start blaming women online for their problems.

• Why is it so illogical to use this site to hate on the opposite gender? I'm not saying I hate women, I'm just curious.

Because of the whole, asking questions and getting responses from the opposite sex as well as your own as primary part of the site

• Lack of understanding the opposite gender's POV , we are VERY differently wired !!

And such people seem not to want to understand. In the thread on what pronoun you would use for someone who's transgendered, I asked someone to imagine what it would be like if everyone insisted on referring to her as guy. She refused, saying it was ridiculous. I then explained that it being ridiculous didn't matter, it was about trying to understand someone else. She didn't reply to that.

• big difference between haters and being labelled one because you said something that some people didn't want to be said.

• people that hate usually hate themselves