Why are some people so arrogant on GAG?

I'll say something and they'll say "you don't know what you're talking about"

well okay then, way to have an open mind 👍🏼

• Sexual frustration
  • Don't have any friends/socially inept
  • They have a superiority complex
  • All of the above

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Because maybe you don't know what you're talking about as that seems to be a large issue on this site in general just as much as the arrogance. A lot of people are wrong and get mad when someone disagrees with them or, honestly, are really talking out of their ass sometimes.

Lolol This question was partially aimed towards you. So thanks for proving my point.

Or maybe you don't know what you're talking about lmao. You think you know everything

Eh, it is what it is. But I'd like to point out that only a person who is insecure in what they are saying would feel the need to ask a question like this.

What Guys Said 32

• If I say that (which I do) then it's a combination of a couple of things. First of all, if I say it it's because it's true. It's about a topic that they very obviously really don't know what they are talking about. But if I actually say it, it means I have no patience with them. It means that I see them as someone who will not listen to anything I say, and it's not worth my time to mess with them. So I'm just cutting them off.

So basically it's not just that they don't know what they are talking about. It's because I view THEM as having a closed mind, not the other way around. It's just a way of cutting off a lost cause.

• It mostly depends on how they perceive the tone of the questions/comments. And since we are virtual here, and can't see the expressions and tone of the other, our perception is always influenced by our state of soul.

If we're feeling down, and come on the internet, we may perceive a sentence different than if we were all happy. And if we're feeling down, we'll bring our negativity in, possibly some anger, and some more rude comments. And if they see something that we think is stupid, they probably won't sugar coat it.

Also, some people are just trolling and goofing around to piss someone off on purpose.. the problem is when the other doesn't sense that it's on purpose, and tries to take everything seriously.

(I've done all the above...)

Then you have the really entitled arrogant people.. regardless of gender
    To those, you either ignore, or get into arguments that only bring negativity, and change nobody's minds. And then we get with a slightly less happy state of mind after those discussions.

• Well, yes you are right. There are many people here who are arrogant, judgmental and not only that there are many people here who don't even have the basic sense of understanding and behavior and I have come across people like that and I just outright ignore them.

Why they are arrogant/Judgemental? that is difficult to say, it can be any reason. May be they just want to show themselves as superior or they like putting people down.

• I think maybe some people just like to argue and sling "mud" just to see where it'd splatter without any real concept of the topic being discussed and even when you try to open up a dialogue with them, they much prefer to take the role of "Devil's Advocate" then admit their point of view is wrong, but you know, skip that even. I believe are just narrow minded and if you challenge their belief even a little bit they are ready to fight. Nobody seems to want to be adventurous or explore the possibility that there's another view point or perception. I'm all for standing by one's convictions, but when you offer up an opinion, at least be reading to consider all the view points, instead of just being dogmatic in your stands and single minded point of view. That's my bottom line.

• I have always thought the internet depersonalises interaction - Stuff descends into argument so fast on all sides, you say and do stuff you normally don't do in a real life conversation - You can seem on the attack as a response to a loaded question - There are people I know I disagree with on here but they are decent so I just go "We will never change each other's mind so agree to disagree" - I will give a snarky response to a snarky question.
    In regards to your poll, it is a complex but I would call it the "I am right" syndrome , you probably start of willing to discourse but you become embattled so your position is ingrained and then a trigger word appears ELECTION - "Charge..."

• People in general are like that. I noticed that a lot of gagers dismiss the users under 18, but like you said we should keep an open mind. You dont know where a good opinion might come from. If you dont listen, you'll miss it.

• Some of these "arrogant people on GaG", don't how to communicate without tact.

What sucks for them, is that the person he/she is trying to talk to, will just end up being ignored and dismissed... so these people shouldn't even bother speaking at all.

• i feel left out when i dont get at least one snide remark. i love the blunt people on GAG you can't get any better when it comes to people who speak there mind.

• Some people are just a know it all arrogant prick and that's just their personality, but sometimes it's because of life experiences, frustration and not enough social/friends.

• It's not arrogant if it's honesty 8)

• That example wasn't arrogance lol. But I've seen arrogant people on here. I'd imagine they're just selfish people in general and the internet is an easy outlet for who they are.

• I'm usually always right though. I'm still yet to find anyone on GAG who can prove me wrong in anything. Just saying bruv. Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong baha.

lol I have gone a round or two with you and u are no match for me. xx

😂😂

It's probably really annoying to be married to me.

Then again, maybe it isn't.

<3
      :*

• Well not everyone has the patience or the organisation skill to slowly explain to the other person why he/she's wrong.

• I think people are like that in general.

• All the above - or at least mostly B and C. I guess it depends on what they are being arrogant on/about.

• It is beyond my imagination to know what could be their cause to be rude and arrogant. I just think that it could be because they just don't want to be as helpful as the rest of us.

• I say sometimes people just doesn't get it in time, you just have to take many approaches and wait for better people to answer you.

But I don't say all the people are like that.

• You needed to add that the anonymity of the internet has a certain quality to it as well. Hence people trolling / cat fishing (personally, I don't see the point). Me thinks you need to hide your goat better (as in "don't let people get your goat).

• Lmao drives me nuts. I have no time for people like that.

• yeah or try to correct you on your morales, and you have clearly different goals but you must follow their ways or its wrong, like lol

• because they are stupid, lol

by the way dont care about them so much

Hahahah I know I was just irritated last night cause it happened like 3x in a row.

yeah a lot of people get annoyed from other people on gag here.
      just block them if they are being pain in the ass.

• Because they are stupid and need to get educated

• I'm not arrogant, I'm awesome, there's a difference :-P

• People have nothing else to do so they act big on the internet

• Yeah some people are that way cause it all got to do with parental upbringing

• Well I am not arrogant but I do suffer from A. :(

• about what please tell me?

• Aside from their spparent sexual frustration (no'one wants them probably) they're simply just that: arrogant !

With such inept social skills they probably don't have mu h going on in their lives so they use the internet to rant + rave about things, more than likely it's the only way they can vent their frustrations.

It's a shame they can't all be auto-dropped into a "Ranters + Venters" website and locked away !

*apparent
      *much

• its just that the things you say.. they prove you dont know what you are talking about :D

• All of the above, definitely all of the above, or any of the above are possible explanations.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 15

• People, in general, like to look at things through a very narrow looking-glass. Preferring to see things that fall into only their own little reality versus putting in the time and effort to realize that there are not only other ways to do the same thing, but often, even better ways.

That applies especially to people online. People who flock to websites like GaG- 'help' forums. Also known as places where the blind lead the blind.
    Misery loves company. 😩

• They're nerds 😂😂😂

• Lol you don't know what your talking about! 😜 Haha I'm jk. It's the internet it makes some people bitchy and arrogant... myself included. Don't take it personal ❤

When I read your first sentence I said, "Yeh! Right on" and was going to up vote you. But then you backed down! Shame on you! But I upvote you anyway. 😄

Thanks OP 😊

Red arrow tends to hate everything I post for some reason lol I'm surprised he hasn't blocked me by now

Haha np.

• Some people are just that way because it's the internet. They can (for the most part) say and do what they please, with little to no repercussions.

Likely they don't have the guts or ability to act this way in public, which is why they do it on here.

* I'd say it's a mix between everything you listed above and then some. :P

• It could be any or all of the ones you listed. :P

• Because they have 10/10 conversation skills, obviously lmao

• Totally agree with you ahah.

• I think a lot of people on here are very sensitive and yea I think a lot of them are arrogant. Like different views and stuff just isn't accepted anymore

• Definitely all of the above.

• All of the above. 😊
    Well, not all of them are like that. I am not like that either. 😊

• Maybe you don't know what you're talking about?

• tell them
    and you do? XD

• Do you actually consider yourself to be open minded? Most people here that believe that they are, really are not.

• Other. I am guessing a lot of people don't want to be wrong. Also, if you are online and anonymous , you could say anything without suffering any blowback or consequences. So in real life, they may need to be diplomatic or own the asshole title. But online, they can do whatever. I think they don't want to be wrong and they aren't nice people. There aren't that many nice or good people in the world.

• It's the internet, and sometimes I feel the need, even now, to go into my Pinkie mode. It's better for me.
    They take it to heart about certain sore subjects and even when I am into my pinkie pants, they find me and come and say something, but I don't care as much because I can laugh them off.

haha SMH this is why I went anon today.
      Thank u for ur like.