Why do females on gag seem to not respond to tech questions?

I have seriously noticed this when ever I ask any question that has anything to do with Technology. I know they do this as well with video game topics but even with that they will at least answer a little more on that.

• They're no interested in technology or gaming
    43% (16)53% (19)48% (35)Vote
  • They care just not sure what to say
    16% (6)19% (7)18% (13)Vote
  • Doesn't know enough
    30% (11)14% (5)22% (16)Vote
  • Other, explain
    11% (4)14% (5)12% (9)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
1mo *They're not

0|3
16|23

Most Helpful Guy

• It's either just feel embarrassed that they know about it or (the most likely option) they are not interested. I notice needy girls are a growing number.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I never see them pop up. And the one time I did someone explained a very simple subject to me (keylogging) as if I were a baby. It was fairly annoying. I don't want to say mansplaining but if something were it, it would be that.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 22

• probably the same reason why my computer electronics class only had 1 girl in it lol

2|2
    0|0
  • Guys are more into tech typically. Just because a woman knows something about tech doesn't mean she's invested in it. A lot of guys are invested in tech.

2|0
    0|0
  • Other.----When you answer technical questions , you really have to know the subject well. otherwise there is no point in answering those questions. I being a boy also find some of those questions really difficult to answer. And I don't really want to make a fool of myself , it they ask for more clarifications. So it is good to stick to what you really know.

1|1
    0|0
  • Women typically aren't into anything tech

1|3
    0|0
  • I not sure about tech but I thought there was a few female gamers on the site.

1|1
    0|0
  • I must say that all of the "computer nerds" I've known were guys. So that could be the simple explanation :D

1|0
    0|0
  • You, my friend, are one of the shining exceptions. Unfortunately, G@G isn't the place for tech adepts. Especially not girls.

1|0
    0|0
  • There was a Gagger Girl that work on a games company, and other wanted to work on Nasa : )

There's still hope :p

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess they fear failing and thus getting comments like "women don't know anything about tech things"

3|0
    1|1
  • Their not interested in technology or gaming cause their not a hot gamer girl like you they're all jealous xD <3

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really see questions about that stuff - so maybe a small sample size?

2|0
    0|0
  • Because there girlies lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure demographically there's simply not as many women around that industry

2|0
    0|0
  • most are just less interested into those topics

1|0
    0|0
  • i dont know, maybe girls dont like technology that much?

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think they know enough. They might play video games, but that's about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the girl.

1|0
    0|0
  • I thought you studied computer science... You must of been the only girl in the room...

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls are lame at that topic.
    The topic they are aware: How to do a rimjob and how to do a sandwich

1|0
    0|0
  • My observation is people are on here for other reasons... minds are too much in the gutter.

1|0
    0|0
  • They probably do care but not interested in answering as much on this site that is more geared towards guys asking girls questions

0|0
    0|0
  • Their are stupid

0|0
    2|1

What Girls Said 15

• For the same reason that men seem to answer more sex-related questions. Statistically speaking, roughly 10% more men play video games in comparison to women so right away, there'll be a higher chance that a guy will be able to help you than a girl.

2|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Girls are lame at that topic.
      The topic they are aware: How to do a rimjob and how to do a sandwich

• I know enough to fix things I use regularly and have myself.

Outside of that, my answer wouldn't be of any help to you. So, instead of spamming you with nonsense I avoid it. :P Next time, spamming will commence!

2|0
    0|0
  • More men than women tend to be in the tech industry, is basically what it comes down to. Technology is seen as a more masculine pursuit in society, so more men tend to be interested in it.

1|0
    0|1
  • In just lazy XD. But video games I love it XD I'm just the kind who would rather play and talk about it then type it out XD know what I mean? Haha

1|1
    0|0
  • Because I know next to nothing about them. Although I always assumed that had more to do with my age than sex.

1|1
    0|0
  • I am not good in tech
    and I don t like gaming :P

1|2
    0|0
  • I don't know enough to answer them. I am usually the one asking them because I don't know.

1|0
    0|0
  • I respond when the question is about gaming :D

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. I noticed too that lots of girls won't debate on here, like about anything. The majority of opinions that are on debate questions or mytakes are usually from guys.

1|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

Like controversial questions and mytakes on any subject... it's odd.

• Show All
    • 1mo

"I have totally sen that, but it's easy to argue the guys down!" As for arguing the guys down, it often becomes a thing of the gal facing an alpha that will not admit any errors on his part. And a lot of women here avoid those situations.

Sorry for the late comment. I had gone back to work. Just as well considering...

• 1mo

@Red_Arrow Online he's not anything lol Usually guys like that have horrible debating skills or you can just block them, but I only did that once I think. They're funny to me.

• I've never seen any tech questions tbh...

1|1
    0|0
  • Could they are like myself & not very tech savvy.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm not that educated on such a topic.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not everyone knows about tech.

1|1
    0|0
  • I've noticed this too. I guess there just aren't as many women into it

1|0
    0|1
  • honestly, I only most know about games. literally it.

1|0
    0|0