Why do females on gag seem to not respond to tech questions?

I have seriously noticed this when ever I ask any question that has anything to do with Technology. I know they do this as well with video game topics but even with that they will at least answer a little more on that.

• They're no interested in technology or gaming
  • They care just not sure what to say
  • Doesn't know enough
  • Other, explain
1mo *They're not

Most Helpful Guy

• It's either just feel embarrassed that they know about it or (the most likely option) they are not interested. I notice needy girls are a growing number.

Most Helpful Girl

• I never see them pop up. And the one time I did someone explained a very simple subject to me (keylogging) as if I were a baby. It was fairly annoying. I don't want to say mansplaining but if something were it, it would be that.

What Guys Said 22

• probably the same reason why my computer electronics class only had 1 girl in it lol

• Guys are more into tech typically. Just because a woman knows something about tech doesn't mean she's invested in it. A lot of guys are invested in tech.

• Other.----When you answer technical questions , you really have to know the subject well. otherwise there is no point in answering those questions. I being a boy also find some of those questions really difficult to answer. And I don't really want to make a fool of myself , it they ask for more clarifications. So it is good to stick to what you really know.

• Women typically aren't into anything tech

• I not sure about tech but I thought there was a few female gamers on the site.

• I must say that all of the "computer nerds" I've known were guys. So that could be the simple explanation :D

• You, my friend, are one of the shining exceptions. Unfortunately, G@G isn't the place for tech adepts. Especially not girls.

• There was a Gagger Girl that work on a games company, and other wanted to work on Nasa : )

There's still hope :p

• I guess they fear failing and thus getting comments like "women don't know anything about tech things"

• Their not interested in technology or gaming cause their not a hot gamer girl like you they're all jealous xD <3

• I don't really see questions about that stuff - so maybe a small sample size?

• Because there girlies lol

• I'm pretty sure demographically there's simply not as many women around that industry

• most are just less interested into those topics

• i dont know, maybe girls dont like technology that much?

• I don't think they know enough. They might play video games, but that's about it.

• Depends on the girl.

• I thought you studied computer science... You must of been the only girl in the room...

• Girls are lame at that topic.
    The topic they are aware: How to do a rimjob and how to do a sandwich

• My observation is people are on here for other reasons... minds are too much in the gutter.

• They probably do care but not interested in answering as much on this site that is more geared towards guys asking girls questions

• Their are stupid

What Girls Said 15

• For the same reason that men seem to answer more sex-related questions. Statistically speaking, roughly 10% more men play video games in comparison to women so right away, there'll be a higher chance that a guy will be able to help you than a girl.

Girls are lame at that topic.

• I know enough to fix things I use regularly and have myself.

Outside of that, my answer wouldn't be of any help to you. So, instead of spamming you with nonsense I avoid it. :P Next time, spamming will commence!

• More men than women tend to be in the tech industry, is basically what it comes down to. Technology is seen as a more masculine pursuit in society, so more men tend to be interested in it.

• In just lazy XD. But video games I love it XD I'm just the kind who would rather play and talk about it then type it out XD know what I mean? Haha

• Because I know next to nothing about them. Although I always assumed that had more to do with my age than sex.

• I am not good in tech
    and I don t like gaming :P

• I don't know enough to answer them. I am usually the one asking them because I don't know.

• I respond when the question is about gaming :D

• I don't know. I noticed too that lots of girls won't debate on here, like about anything. The majority of opinions that are on debate questions or mytakes are usually from guys.

Like controversial questions and mytakes on any subject... it's odd.

"I have totally sen that, but it's easy to argue the guys down!" As for arguing the guys down, it often becomes a thing of the gal facing an alpha that will not admit any errors on his part. And a lot of women here avoid those situations.

Sorry for the late comment. I had gone back to work. Just as well considering...

@Red_Arrow Online he's not anything lol Usually guys like that have horrible debating skills or you can just block them, but I only did that once I think. They're funny to me.

• I've never seen any tech questions tbh...

• Could they are like myself & not very tech savvy.

• I'm not that educated on such a topic.

• Not everyone knows about tech.

• I've noticed this too. I guess there just aren't as many women into it

• honestly, I only most know about games. literally it.