Why was I blocked by a user?

I got blocked by user here for offering simple advice. Within minutes of registering for the site actually. This is largely a poll of your thoughts. To give you a synopsis of the exchange:

Girl posts that she sees lots of offensive posts on this site and asks why they are allowed.

I respond that it's an opinion based site and there will be both good and bad opinions. I suggest before before getting offended to ask yourself if it affects your life.

She replies and tells me not to tell her how to feel. She goes on to state that her heritage was insulted.

I attempted to reply that some folks are just assholes and to block them, but she blocked me.

I really don't give a shit as I'm a grown ass man, I'm just curious if that's considered an offensive remark.

1mo Cool. Just making this isn't some overly sensitive forum where realistic speech is prohibited. I may have to hang out a while. Got time to kill over here.

Most Helpful Guy

• Fallout. media.giphy.com/media/l3E6tfijzciPpgCdi/giphy.gif

It doesn't seem to be an offensive remark. She was probably just emotionally flustered, so she saw attacks everywhere. I've had this happen a few times where my words were misinterpreted or I said something entirely innocuous, then still get blocked. *shrug*

Except this really can be an overly sensitive forum. I mean, people do inhabit it. You just have to ignore it and move on with your day.

What Girls Said 7

• I see you are New to this Site and may I Say... Welcome to Gag.
    On Here, dear, you have to be Diplomatic, sometimes even Walk on Eggs and Post ANON when it is a Sore Subject.
    Blocking is something that's No big Deal. You may Find this button Handy in Something one Day that has Ticked you Off as well.
    Good luck. xx

lol Be careful using this word *holes, my comment got Removed for saying '**hit" and I posted as being an anon. Anyway, it all never made sense to me. xx

Stay for awhile, I still will Smile. lolxx

• There are super sensitive people on this site. Get used to being blocked. I get blocked all the time

• My friend, those are people who cannot handle the truth.

I get that she might have blocked if you were being disrespectful or racist or some other major thing but this is ridiculous.

• Welcome to G@G.

Best to not worry about that stuff and move on. It does ZERO good to concern yourself about it, try to figure out "why", etc. etc.

Just keep interacting with people here, and realize that sometime it's just going to happen. :)

• I block people when they get creepy or annoying... perfect example is the guy in the comment section.

• It's just the way many deal with opposing views.

• Welcome to GaG.

What Guys Said 21

• Was the user Ivorian something? If so dont worry, she blocked half the users of this website

• People on gag have no desire to hear someone disagree with them for the most part. They'll post questions asking for advice, but if your opinion doesn't match their own they will argue with you to the point that YOU are the problem and they'll block you. Generally these people don't last long on the site and will be gone in a few weeks.

• Someone else said in that question that she was known for blocking users..

Don't take it personal.

I've been blocked like 3 or 4 times in the last year.
      And none of them were because of disrespectful remarks. Some people just read things with the wrong mindset I think, and are quick on the trigger.

Yup @mikemx55. People want instant this or instant that in my opinion and are not willing to wait for an answer

• Lol just get over it man, there are a lot of pathetic losers on here.

I confessed to having a crush for a female on here, long story short things went south. (She was genuinely interested, then after realising we've come across each other on here before thinking she got duped about the whole situation).

I then made a comment on a question "Who would you have sex with on here" and I said, "Nobody on here, everyone here is ugly asfuck". Then she came back and replied, "Lmao butthurt?". She even talked about trolling some user named LOGESH or whatever.

Im telling you a lot of pathetic people on here.

• I find nothing offensive there.
    People unwilling to consider alternate opinions are doomed to remain ignorant.

• I blocked a couple people already. They started spewing braindead bullshit at me and couldn't even spell, so I just blocked them.

• Welcome to GAG! Dudes get blocked all the time for the silliest reasons. I asked a question not too different from yours and it was removed by the admin..

• Many people are on a spectrum somewhere here. I think i know who you're on about, she's got issues.

• The nice side of me says welcome to the family came on in and close the door.

The asshole says you must care by asking the question
    It's the internet it's not real if you don't like what people say switch your device off.

• 0|0

I was a cop for seven years, full time sworn deputy sheriff in Florida.

The person who blocked you doesn't have law enforcement experience, they only have experience blocking who don't agree with them. You'll get blocked over the stupidest things, I was once blocked cause the user didn't like my avatar.

I ain't worried about it. Just making sure the majority isn't overly sensitive.

• Welcome to GaG where you WILL get blocked!

It happens dude, it's usually best that they block you now than argue with you later.

• Because some people are pussies and very offended fast and then block you as a ahh of getting back at you Lol

• Some people are overly sensitive on this site and are quick to block. I literally asked a question on this site and some chick blocked me for no reason at all.

• some people are very stupid like her, lol i've been there man.

• Oh don't worry, some people just have an itchy finger and block people randomly.

Sometimes I get blocked by people I hadn't even talked to. Some people just don't like to hear things like that their lack of sexual activity isn't actually a virtue, and stuff like that.

• Sounds like what happened to me the first day i came on here lol.

• Get used to getting blocked or don't associate with anyone
    You choose
    I'm choosing not to message people unless they message me

• Quick draw McGraw

• Hell no man she is just not very mature and can't accept things another reason why PC is so rampant these days fear of offending people. Different ideas are just that to hyper sensitive people. It's bs

• That is typical of women. They get butthurt very easily. Who was it be the way?

• Dude, if you swear on here, it gets removed and you get warned and even frozen. You can't do anything on here, without something going wrong. Just be careful, that's all I'm going to say

You can swear just not at people. I. e. You're a fucking idiot. If you said that to someone then it would be removed

you girls crack me up

@Zendrya did you like my language lesson video?

I found it fucking useful as fuck myself. 👍