Why don't people proof read their questions before posting. ?

1mo Yes I know I ended my sentence with a period and proofread is one word. Are you paying attention?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well.. it's an online forum that people use in order to give/get advice on sex/dating, among other things. Not some kind of literary club for ambitious scholars so... do remember that, in addition to how a large chunk of users on here are not native-English speakers.

Most Helpful Guy

• I donw but you put a period instead of a question mark

So you caught that. Good to see you are paying attention. ;)

What Girls Said 4

• That's an excellent question. Some people are just in a hurry and don't think to. Other times, I'm sure they do check and just scan over things quickly, not noticing the mistakes because they know what it wants to say. :P

• Yea I've read over a question before posting and still didn't correct the mistakes yes plural! Only after I posted then did I see my horrid grammar, my mom being an English major would be upset at the mistakes. Maybe they do proofread but miss the mistakes or maybe they're really smart and don't have to edit what they've so gloriously written?

• good question
    in a hurry, i guess
    i lowercase everything on purpose, by the way

also, why did you put a period before the question mark?
    and isn't "proof read" supposed to be one word (proofread)?

• I agree its annoying isn't it?

What Guys Said 3

• I do proofread my posts. It is an old work habit..

I do notice other people's grammatical errors, improper punctuation, misspellings, etc. but I rarely comment on them because:

1. Many users on this site are not native English speakers and their English is far better than my Spanish, German, or whatever.

2. Even for American and UK users, it seems that the digital age has led to a rapid disregard for proper English. Complaining about such things would probably be even less successful than my efforts to raise the tide by pissing in the ocean.

• Because we aren't robots who are incapable of making mistakes. People make mistakes that just part of life. It makes you human.

• It does annoy me a little bit.