Do you hate it when the asker up-votes your opinion?

I upvote mainly because to give other people extra points and like a thanks for your comment. Though I won't give an upvote if it's too stupid. Though if too many people end up saying they don't want it then I'll just stop doing that.

• Yes
    14% (6)4% (2)9% (8)Vote
  • No
    86% (38)96% (47)91% (85)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
1mo Mainly asking because I had someone tell me they didn't want it.

2|2
13|29

Most Helpful Guy

• No I think it is good to up-vote comments you agree with or find funny. I wish if they got enough down votes they would get deleted/blocked.. like Reddit does it.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I absolutely *hate* the upvote and the extra xper points I get from it too.

1|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

thank you for mhg, someone appreciates my sarcasm :')

What Guys Said 28

• I always appreciate it. I often put a lot of thought into my opinions and it's nice to not be ignored. If I get MHO without the +1 or a comment from the asker, I'm always stunned. It's like, "Hmm. I'll be damned, they read it after all!"

2|0
    0|0
  • I do the same as you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why would anyone hate that

2|2
    0|0
  • No but only if we are worthy of praise ☺️ If not. Then give them nothing. If it's offensive in anyway, or you disagree? Then give them a thumbs down!!

2|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I do it mainly just to help people with points and I appreciate that they gave their opinion.

• I switched off the notification setting for upvotes

1|0
    0|0
  • No I'm okay with it... some like the option and I don't bother if they use it :D

1|0
    0|0
  • i appreciate it because it shows you took my reply onboard whether you agreed or not. its like a thanks for taking my time to share personal preference or experience whereas down votes are often used by ungrateful ignorant self obsessed idiots

1|0
    0|0
  • No I like it!

1|0
    0|0
  • No, keep doing it. We want the points and it shows you've read and like our comments.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate it when the asker upvotes every fucking goddamn comment in their stupid question. Here I am all excited to see that something I wrote got upvoted (a sign that someone appreciates my input and holds a special value to it) only to find out the bastard upvoted everyone.

What a jackass man! lol

0|0
    0|0
  • No I like it. *expects an upvote*

1|1
    0|0
  • I always up vote as a sign of appreciation. Most people don't though

1|0
    0|0
  • No cause they are giving me an extra point

1|0
    0|0
  • OMG I love getting upvotes, even when they are from the question asker.

1|0
    0|0
  • no its not a problem for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like it!

1|0
    0|0
  • Who doesn't like getting a gift?

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care. I just assume they are checking off the posts they have already read.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care tbh LOL, an upvote is an upvote.

1|0
    0|0
  • No , i don't hate it as that is what is expected of them to do. They should update good answers.

1|0
    0|0
  • i don't have any objection to being upvoted.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I'm glad they enjoyed the feedback

1|0
    0|0
  • I love the Xper I get from it.

1|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't know what should be bad about this

1|0
    0|0
  • No, it's an acknowledgement upvote and I do it too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmm, perhaps you asked this for more upvotes..

0|1
    0|0
  • Kinda just don't upvote and not say anything

0|0
    0|0
  • They're idiots

1|1
    1|0

What Girls Said 12

• Not at all.
    In fact, I always Thank for the "Like" and for any MHO, which Many people Fail to Do.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

2|3
    0|0
  • One person tells you they don't want it.

Make them take it again. Unlike and then re-like it! XD lol, I'm in a troublesome mood today.

1|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I did remove the upvote for them but then put it as a downvote. 😆

• 1mo

haha, you're too nice.

It gives them another notification. Complaining about the Asker liking your opinion and giving free XP? Children these days. Why, in my day... ;D

• No, I like it. It's their way of saying "thank you for answering my question".
    And sometimes it's a sign that they agree with me.
    I also give up-votes on my questions.

1|1
    0|0
  • I upvote as a note to myself for which opinions are more likely to be chosen as MHO.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I do the same thing. I'mma keep doing it, too. :P

1|0
    0|0
  • If they didn't want it then just reverse the up-vote otherwise crack on as per normal!

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I like it! It means that you acknowledge my opinion.

1|2
    0|0
  • No? Why would I 'hate' that?

1|2
    0|0
  • I rarely notice the upvotes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, more Xper points for me so I can get that gift card ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, I always upvote people's answers in my questions, even when I consider their answer pretty stupid.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, it doesn't bother me at all. It's just showing appreciation for the Opinion. :)

1|2
    0|0