Is it possible to block Anonymous users here?

If yes how? If not, please make it possible

Most Helpful Guy

• Posting anonymous for you to try it out

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, you can block anonymous users which will prevent them from interacting anonymously with you in the future. Just click or tap where it says Anonymous on the post and you should see a pop up box giving you the option to block them.

Keep in mind though, the block function is reciprocal. So if that user posts an Anonymous question in the future, you will not be able to respond. This will only work for their *Anonymous* posts. So if they make a post that is public and shows their username, they will be able to interact with you unless you block their username too, which can be done by going to the users profile.

Good info. I thought that only worked on individual questions and takes.

@CheerGirl38139 Correct. If you block User X from their profile and then ask a question. User X can not respond publicly or anonymously UNESS you post anonymously yourself.

got it. One more reason why I never ask anonymous questions. ;)

What Guys Said 10

• you can block anonymous users on your questions. just hover over their name and an option tab will pop up.

• not that i know of. i think the best you can do is block responses on an opinion of yours so people can't respond

nope, you can now block people from answering your questions anon,
      Oh that guy was an ass, he no longer has the anon option with you

• No. I think you can block them from replying to a question but you can't permanently block them. Otherwise their anonymity is compromised a little.

I don't like the block feature anyway. I don't go out of my way to block people and I don't say on purpose things to get blocked.
    And if you have a disagreement with someone over 1 issue, I don't see how blocking is a necessary action to take.

• yes you can, you click over a users name\
    you can now block people from answering your questions anon,

• No. The system says that if you make questions answerable anonymously, blocked people can answer as well. So at least, you can't block them from answering such questions of yours.

• I already got that hideous message:

-----
    You've been blocked from interacting anonymously with this member
    -----
    I was trying to answer an ANONYMOUS guy's question, NOT being anonymous MYSELF.

Thus an anonymous can still block you. That seems like a bug or even a hack of the system.

• If you could block anonymous people that would reveal who the anon is. So if you wanted to know who some anon was you could just go to your block list and see who appeared there and then just unblock them.

So if they add that feature then they would also have to remove being anon.

• On your ques yes. Other than that.. I don't think its a need, learn to ignore a little.

• It is - Hold your cursor over Anonymous and option to block will come up

• Just set up your questions so anons cannot reply.

What Girls Said 3

• I can't click on their names

• I thought it was made possible with the new gag update.

• I wish it was, I deleted my account and made a new one because an anonymous user was following me around and making rude comments