Why do so many people ask questions anonymously?

Just curious as to why so many people want to hide their identities? I mean for the most part we are all here to help each other out, no need to hide who you are

0|1
5|6

Most Helpful Girl

• We're not all here to help each other out, which is unfortunate. Some will tend topurposely be harmful, offensive, and harassing. People post questions anonymously becuase
    1) A question could be very personal
    2) Very embarrassing
    3) Controversial
    4) Be offensive toward others
    5) To be trolling

It's also the fact that they may not want to be known all over GAG as THAT person that asked the question, or be hunted down and harassed/questioned with messages.

2|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. We have GAGers who if they don't like your oppinion/question will automatically block you.

2. People on GAG are judgmental and might take a question the wrong way and block you. Thus, limiting questions you can respond to.

3. People on GAG like to get people banned if they don't like your opinion too much.

4. People on GAG depending on profile pic like to send messages to you and some people don't want the attention.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I don't I speak my own opinion

0|1
    0|0
  • For the most part, they're either fake or insecure

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they don't want anyone harassing them and judging them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not sure

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• That is a big question on GaG - Why go anon for "What is your favourite colour?" - Apart from personal issue people and trolls, there just seems to number who like to stay out of the spotlight.

0|1
    0|0
  • Embarrassment
    Serious personal issues
    Trolling
    Etc

1|1
    0|0
  • Cause people are creeps.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they are weak people who care too much about others opinion, so they ask anonymously. Or they are trolls

1|1
    0|0
  • Well i asked some about my crush. I didn't want people to see my broken heart etc.

0|1
    0|0