Is GaG even worth it for advice?

Let's be honest, pretty much any advice you get is a generalisation. No guy or girl on GaG represents their entire gender, so basically you're just getting opinions from random strangers. It's no wonder most people just use GaG to debate gender issues.

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to have some 'Common Sense' with some questions!! I have had some good discussions with a few, and had a few, offline chats, that are friends.
    I like seeing what people post, on some questions, and some, yeah, I wonder, WTF are THEY thinking? But others make me think, because I never would have thought, what they think about the topic!!! LOVE THAT CONNECTION!!
    I have tried to help some younger ones, with some advice, from my experience, being where they are, and what I did, that worked well. Nobody tells these young kids anything, maybe because of all the laws, and social stigmas, and politics!!
    They can come here, and say what they think, and feel, and be 'anonymous' and someone can answer their questions!! I wish I had that, when I was 16!!
    I am really sad that so many women have so many issues with the guys they like, and it is pretty obvious, that the guy just isn't there, and caring, and being a REAL MAN!! I answer a lot of those, as there are, still, a few 'GOOD GUYS' left!! Some have become friends, offline...

Most Helpful Girl

• At times, yes. However, it's not always the best site to use because the massive amounts of trolling that happen.

What Guys Said 15

• I think a few people give advice with good intentions. Some are funny. Some are sarcastic. Many are appalling. Yes, they may be generalisations, but how much can you really learn about the asker in 2500 characters or whatever it is you get when you ask a question?

The quality of the questions is also an issue. How many times have you read… This girl stopped texting me; what does it mean? (She doesn't give a shit about you.) He pulled out; could I still be pregnant? (Yes, you could, but our votes don't count. Get a damn pregnancy test.) Does size matter? (Yes. It matters to you.) Am I fat or just right? (Guys didn't agree, in fact, they were pretty well split on your poll. Did that help?)

GAG at its best is awesome, but you really need to work to find a good question. And even then, maybe only 1 or 2 answers might be of real value to the asker. These rare cases are why I participate.

• Depends on the advice you are looking for and the users who comment, but alas it is the Internet so taking it with a grain of salt is always advised

• No person anywhere represents an entire anything, except for CEO's, presidents and people who formally hold that kinda power... so that applies to basically everything

• Then go.. if you feel that strongly about it that is.

The tricky thing about GAG is that you gotta be able to weed through the horseshit. You gotta be able to tell when people are just saying something because they know it's the "correct" answer a girl or guy would give. You need to be able to tell if a Gager's opinion is their actual opinion, or if they're trying to fit in with what society expects their gender to (be) like.

• Yes it is I'm here to help you I am the master

• Maybe advice is a bit strong - I think of it as getting points of view to think about

• Well this is when you compare answers. If an opinion or similar opinion is popular then most likely it is the right answer to a question.

• This stopped being an advice site, a LONG time ago

• It's on the internet, OF COURSE it is NOT worth it for advice. In fact, if anyone ever thought it was, then they're likely not very bright. GaG is 90% men trolling, just like all the other "Q&A" sites like Yahoo Answers and Qoura.

I guess it depends on the topics you follow on Quora- I've found it to be a very good resource for well informed answers. In fact, I've contributed several dozen myself.

• Always listen to me. I am always right, nobody else's opinion matters but mine

• no it's not. you will find tons of assholes like me giving nasty opinions

• there is the occasional pearl of wisdom. most of it is dross though

• If you don't think so, leave.

• I honestly believe some of the advice I read. It helps to have this info

• It gives you better idea of the situation and what most think and you try to form your own opinion after that

What Girls Said 4

• I think that some people care about helping someone and can give a good advice. Maybe not many, there are many trolls etc. but I always try to give the best answer and to help someone if possible :)

• It all depends on what type of advice you're looking for. If you want good advice on a serious topic, Quora's your best bet.

• Sometimes I guess it depends what you're asking

• yes, most gurus/high level here are terrible at advises. they mostly copy paste stuff. there are very few people who are good. don't take advise from girls 14-24, they just want followers and xper, they make me sad.