I honestly believe I owe mine to a combination of:
a) having a profile picture up
b) people who I follow following me back
c) the rare opinion that actually gives good advice
What about you?
Most Helpful Guy
I have a medium amount of followers - 170 - it could be considered 'high' for a guy tho but who knows, who cares?
I don't have a profile picture. I could be a catfish. Ugly person. A notorious personality. But still, people didn't care enough as at least, I'm a human sitting behind the screen, helping people out. Of course, on the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog, nobody! But at least, I (hope) post positively and that's what matters the most.
I don't follow back. I don't see a reason. This is not Facebook where you have to "accept" the request and add them in order to become friends. I have a lot of G@G friends I'm not even following. The significance of following someone here is to have their opinions on top to easily read them, get their questions in "recommended questions' page/panel and myTakes in "recommended myTakes" page/panel. And their activity in news feed. That's it. I don't expect people who I'm following to follow me back either.
Girls can get followers by just setting up a picture or by posting sexual or blunt things. The more provocative it is, the more followers she'll get. I've been here for nearly two years, but I've seen Xper lv 3-5 girls having more followers than me lol.
And there are some people who ask others to follow them. Ugh!
I don't attract by my looks, I don't follow back, I'm Indian (instant creep label) & I'm not even a girl. So, how did I manage to get that much followers? Well, I don't know. I am a dick a lot of times. I am so blunt, I don't make up answers, I ridicule people for their ignorance, I make dark jokes and I'm kinda stubborn too. I don't even PM and often leave convos unfinished in PMs as I'm a busy person. So, how can people like me (or are they following me to stalk)? I can only guess :-
● I make people happy. No matter what I post, my aim is to motivate people and make them a better person than they were yesterday. Now, it's their own wisdom if they'll accept the words of the Oracle or not
● I think my funny username helped in first impressions
● People really think I'm a nice guy. (Even tho G@Gers hate this word lol)
● I can say I post good advice. I mean, I really spend much time writing answers and *wink wink* 22% MHO!
● People say I'm confident about my views. Maybe I'm not stubborn, I'm just, always right? LOL
● I know a lot about this site. I have the most number of MHOs in 'G@G community'. People take my posts about this site seriously
●This is a random point I forgot3
- Show AllShow Less