Users with high followings: What do you believe you owe your followers to?

I honestly believe I owe mine to a combination of:
a) having a profile picture up
b) people who I follow following me back
c) the rare opinion that actually gives good advice

What about you?

1mo we'll call high 100+

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a medium amount of followers - 170 - it could be considered 'high' for a guy tho but who knows, who cares?

I don't have a profile picture. I could be a catfish. Ugly person. A notorious personality. But still, people didn't care enough as at least, I'm a human sitting behind the screen, helping people out. Of course, on the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog, nobody! But at least, I (hope) post positively and that's what matters the most.

I don't follow back. I don't see a reason. This is not Facebook where you have to "accept" the request and add them in order to become friends. I have a lot of G@G friends I'm not even following. The significance of following someone here is to have their opinions on top to easily read them, get their questions in "recommended questions' page/panel and myTakes in "recommended myTakes" page/panel. And their activity in news feed. That's it. I don't expect people who I'm following to follow me back either.

Girls can get followers by just setting up a picture or by posting sexual or blunt things. The more provocative it is, the more followers she'll get. I've been here for nearly two years, but I've seen Xper lv 3-5 girls having more followers than me lol.

And there are some people who ask others to follow them. Ugh!

I don't attract by my looks, I don't follow back, I'm Indian (instant creep label) & I'm not even a girl. So, how did I manage to get that much followers? Well, I don't know. I am a dick a lot of times. I am so blunt, I don't make up answers, I ridicule people for their ignorance, I make dark jokes and I'm kinda stubborn too. I don't even PM and often leave convos unfinished in PMs as I'm a busy person. So, how can people like me (or are they following me to stalk)? I can only guess :-

● I make people happy. No matter what I post, my aim is to motivate people and make them a better person than they were yesterday. Now, it's their own wisdom if they'll accept the words of the Oracle or not
    ● I think my funny username helped in first impressions
    ● People really think I'm a nice guy. (Even tho G@Gers hate this word lol)
    ● I can say I post good advice. I mean, I really spend much time writing answers and *wink wink* 22% MHO!
    ● People say I'm confident about my views. Maybe I'm not stubborn, I'm just, always right? LOL
    ● I know a lot about this site. I have the most number of MHOs in 'G@G community'. People take my posts about this site seriously
    ●This is a random point I forgot

Most Helpful Girl

• Is 142 high? I think I owe them dank memes in my cover pic, exclusive selfies and the opportunity to scroll through my opinions. Lots of perks Follow me at www.girlsaskguys.com/user/reixun

Nah girl I followed you because we both are black and black chicks gotta stick together 'round these parts 😎✊🏾

What Guys Said 30

• I guess I have a reasonably high amount of followers for a guy if 100 = high? I have 160 followers. (48 guys, 112 girls)

Someone else from this site told me people recognize me just as "that guy who writes excessively long answers" so that could have something to do with it. 😂

I'm going to guess that most of them are from questions I gave decent advice on throughout my time on GAG. When there wasn't the whole 'closed' question thing and the no opinion section had an end/structure, I'd go on there more and answer stuff. (Believe it or not, there were no questions unanswered when I first got here.) I was able to get some solid advice to people who were otherwise being ignored. (Typically, they were long-as-crap question descriptions with no TL;DR; ).

I can only answer questions I know about though, and I think the majority of them tended to be from girls asking about guys.

So yeah, I'm going to say that I was able to give solid advice and made a favorable impression from that. I think I've had created a few good answers from the year+ I've been here. :D

I'm hesitant to say that I'm kind or whatever (because how could I really tell in the first place past self-bias?), but I think I've also made good first impressions with users on here by being reasonable, nice, mature, whatever... all self-proclaimed of course lol. I don't really get into internet squabbles on here (which is probably why I've never had any posts/comments of mine removed).

• Nothing. I have it writen on my profile that if a person wants me to follow them back, all they have to do is introduce themselves. I don't randomly follow people I don't know. I even tend to unfollow people who've been inactive for too long, 'cept for mistnigqa.

• For a guy I think it is how active you are and maybe the type of questions or interaction you are involved in like if you join in the tagging questions you become very well known. I would be the same as you for A + C, with B I don't follow that many first. I have around 70 now but I think in my first Master account, I had 100 plus. Also your Xper level helps, I picked up quite a few when I got Master level.

• The easiest way to get followers on this site is to be an attractive woman and talk about sex a lot. Done.

Mine was caused by:
    (1.) Following people I thought were cool and they followed me back automatically.
    (2.) Having a profile pic up. I might be an ugly guy but at least I'm a face and a human.
    (3.) Having opinions that, while polarizing, are through provoking. One of my most avid followers on this site said that she just read some opinions, and thought she could learn a thing or two from me.

Unfortunately I think like 80% or more of my following no longer uses the site.

• What, err, can we have another thread where you ask us why you think we have so few followers? This question doesn't apply to me :P

• In the begining, it was the occasional opinion that actually gave good advice.
    Now I'm just a troll.

And the occasional people that followed me back. Now they don't anymore. Has this unwritten rule changed?

• I think it's mostly because of what I post. I interact a lot with people on here and at some point we just start to follow each other.

But if you follow someone they often follow back, so that definitely helps and makes it easy to get a lot of followers if you care about that.

I doubt my looks have a big influence (positive or negative)

• According to your criteria, I have a high follower count

Some (only young people) have followed me and messaged me telling me they loved my answers and thought I was so cool. Obviously!

Others said they thought I was hilarious

Still others prefer the rabbit

Yep, it's true, I did it for the rabbit :(

:o

:o

:o

:o

yeah exactly :')

• I don't have a profile picture. But they like my good opinions and follow me occasionally. I am usually the first person to reply to their question. That, why they like me more. I don't harass them by sending private messages. They like my mature opinions and out of the box thinking. I owe them the most reliable and trustful advice.

• I owe you guys with my presence.

• I don't know most of them are girls so *shrugs*

• I like to have just a handful of followers and yes i agree i would put up a profile picture if i had over 100 followers but all 100 need to talk to me lol :P

• Coz you're one of the fittest girls here.

You think elissa or Triss got that many followers from personality?

• I tend to follow people due to their opinion on a subject, or so I can easily refind a question to go check other people's answers a few days later.

• I owe them a nice thanks each time they help me out :D
    And they get it with a smile :D :D

• at this very moment I have 115 followers, I don't know why

• i dont know honestly

• i don't feel compelled to give anything back to someone who follows, it's their choice and quite frankly i don't care too much for followings.

• I think it's just number one for you. Why else would that guy try and get your pictures rated.

brutal :'( wonder if I took my pic away if I'd still get follow requests
      Wait, which guy tried to get my pictures rated?

It worth a take to find out. You complained about that guy who reposted your profile pics asking "Is she hot or not?"

oh that creeper, yeah.

• Oh, and I was feeling good about my 18 followers...

• I dont have many followers.

• cuz they wana see my megastructure

• The truth.

• How to know if you've high followers?

• well not just any profile picture will do!

• I never really cared about followers or followings. I prefer quality over quantity any day of the year :)

• I owe them a good updated picture of my face. Gotta make them feel good

• Don't have a high following but I think someone follows me because I say something funny.

• I don't know if I have high followers but I'm pretty much agreeing with you

• Sorry people, but I don't owe you anything if you follow me. :P

What Girls Said 16

• As of Today, @Luci92, that with Having Worked as Hard as I Have Here, dear, in Helping Everyone I can Under the Sun, I Have already Showed them by Following Back... That I am Always Here for Them.
    All of us don't Talk, I must Admit it. But with Following/Followers, it is Nice to Know this Means "Friendship."
    Good luck and Great question, Miss your other Pix though. xx

• I have 71 followers which is more than my Instagram page. Then again I don't post anything on Instagram. I would have a lot more if I allowed the creeps to follow me. I owe this to: having a profile picture up and the occasional times that I am witty.

• Being here over a year
    Having a pink name
    Cute cat picture
    Occasionally amusing sass?

• Yeah I think most people follow me because I have a picture & some people because they like my opinions :P

• 1. being a female
    2. having big boobs what show in my selfies no matter what i do
    … i think thats it. I don't give good advice so… hahah

• Hmmm, I guess being kind and considerate is what I feel I should be.

• I don't know. I honestly don't know why people follow me. It's. It like I talk to anyone here, most of my opinions aren't that in-depth, and I don't follow back. Maybe some are due to my profile pic but I've still had the majority of my followers before I ever put this pic up.

• I don't know I have only 110 followers that's not too much
    But it's bcs a lot of people tell me I'm chill and like my personality and a profile pic is always up so.. I don't know

• My sparkling personality of course.

media.giphy.com/media/PApKgKr6r20mc/giphy.gif

• I don't have that high of a following but I'll answer anyway.

I think the second one is the only one that counts for me. Maybe the third one too, but I've never actually posted a pic of myself here so...

• I got mine becuase I am nice to everyone and I try to follow people who follow me :)

• I don't know honestly! This is a good q! Thanks to everyone who followed me! :)

• Absolutely nthng lol
    I didn t ask them to follow me so whatever

• I don't think I owe them anything. I don't really care about having followers, honestly.

• Boobs

• Not that I have a lot of followers but the things that you mentioned and asking a lot questions are probably the reasons in a lot of cases.