On gender issue questions, how do you feel about down-votes from your own gender?

• Each one is a stinging blow.
  • I don't like it, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
  • I'm indifferent.
  • I don't mind going against the grain.
  • It's a badge of honor.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the Gender Wars between guys and girls is really pointless. We really can't do without each other. I'm not a feminist but I like and respect women beyond just being a straight guy who is sexually attracted to them. So if I see a post where a guy just tears into the entire female gender 'cause he's butthurt (even with good reason) about what some particular girl (s) has done to him I'll downvote him. You just can't condemn the entirety of the female gender just 'cause you've had a bad experience with some specific females. I don't think that makes me a White Knight. I think it's just being fair and balanced.

What Girls Said 4

• C and D. You should've seen how many downvotes I had gotten -- from both sexes -- on if sex is necessary in a relationship, lol. That and when I say marriage is stupid.

You don't see sex as necessary in an adult relationship? Why is marriage stupid? Feel free to just link those answers. I'm curious. Trying to decide on female MHO.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2139663-is-sex-really-needed-or-necessary

Here's the link to that one. I feel this way because I'm personally on the ace spectrum (almost asexual). Besides, just because people enjoy the act doesn't mean sex is needed in a relationship.

I think marriage is stupid because it's not necessary. It's literally just a piece of paper, then people waste thousands of dollars celebrating that. Then if and when the relationship ends, it's needlessly harder to get out of it.

• Most times I take little notice of the votes.

• The down vote option is pointless in the first place, so I generally ignore them.

• I get that a lot but it's not a big deal. I've seen more dv from my own gender than the opposite

What Guys Said 6

• I don't mind to be honest - A downvote is just a downvote

• I feel that most people who bring up the topic of gender are usually college gender studies students who think they know everything. Meaning they know aboslutely 0.

As for downvotes what do I care, I support tradional maculinity and traditional men and mindsets. So when I see a downvote I laugh, because all I see is a modern man which isn't really much.

• i dont feel loved if i dont get at least one person saying something negative about me. but i have never been one for seeing negative as a bad thing.

• It's irrelevant to me. I get pink and blue down votes on every question no matter what.

• I dont really care.

• i feel jealously when they down vote me because I'm not as ugly as them