Why are people on here so mean to anons?

I noticed how people are generally more rude to users who go anon. It's so rude. Even if it's obvious that they're not trolling, people are still rude to anons. Why? Have some respect for the ones who don't troll.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's Not just ANONs, @Library, it's Many other Ones on Here, dear.
    @openthedoors, who was a Great Gag Girl, Deactivated tonite because many people Badgered and Bullied her Here, Going so Far as Making False Accounts. Only a sicko and a Bored Bully would Do this.
    Now you Know why many go in the Pink and Blue, because "Black and Blue" is what they Feel when Someone is Giving them a Raw Deal.
    Good luck and this Could not have Come, hun, at a Better time. xx

Thank you for the Like, dear. xx

At first, before we followed here, she was "Hard to get to know," but being the master mind I think I am, I commented on some things we had in common, and then we followed and talked and well, she even Thanked me tonite for standing by her side. Crazy is as crazy as it is getting and hope she returns with a Burn.

Thank you so Much, @Library, for the Vote of Confidence, and Meet me in the Donal-Trump section he had Posted of Politics, where you see Many More of my friends who are there, Standing with me in Voting with me for the The Donald, and if They are Voting for someone else, it still Is this Enjoyable Moment... Pass the word on, Love you, dear. xxoo

Most Helpful Guy

• That is an excellent question, but I will do you one better, why are they rude at all. It has been my experience that people who are rude, are rather rude to everybody regardless of who they are or if they are anon or not. Why are they this way, it could be for a multitude of reasons, some of it could be self righteousness (may have misspelled that) or it could be that if they know something to be common knowledge, they falsely assume that everybody else should know it, and if they don't they must be stupid (hence the mean factor comes through) this more often that not is reinforced by a very narrow world view. Now mind you these are just some of my own thoughts, I may very well be wrong, if I am I will be the first to apologize.

Eh people aren't always consistent. I wrote one myTake anonymously and I don't think people would've commented the way they commented if I wasn't anonymous. I wasn't even trolling but people sounded so cold.

What you have identified is unfortunately very true. You can't tell how people are going to react, and yes they are not always consistent. As a sort of play on words they are consistently inconsistent. ;-)

What Girls Said 2

• I just came across a ridiculous anon who I was pretty rude to, because his question was so absurd, but I don't treat the ones who ask legitimate questions the same way.

• I don't know... I'm not rude to both 😂

What Guys Said 7

• Generally it's because anons don't have the courage to share their opinions using their actual login name. They feel they can hide behind the anon and say whatever they want. Most on gag respect people even if they disagree with them by not going anon

• Very good point - I think all anons are being grouped into an unsavoury bunch and good anons who don't troll can become targets.

• I've gone annon, and never experienced rudeness, but I've seen in other questions that behaviour.

I think it's bad when they're not trolling, cause most people have legit reasons to go anon.

• It's cause of them experiencing rude anons themselves

• I'm not until they piss me off.. Then it's on.

• Instinct
    But I'm not mean to anyone
    Anons are funny 40% of the time

• Only ugly people go anon and people are mean to ugly people