Dear Lord of G@G, what is the point of closing a question? That was a noob move made by G@G 😔?

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe the purpose was to have more questions answered and not focus on certain open ones.

but in reality we end up with the same question asked over and over again

Questions left unanswered or insufficient opinions made this feature look silly. Sometimes people just dont feel like answering right now or the people with an opinion of their own hasn't been on while the question is still open. I have no problem with past questions popping up. Afterall, that is the purpose of this website is it not? 🤔

you are missing the point though... this place is not fb and has nowhere near the capacity to cope with so much traffic so if cuts have to be made to ensure efficient running then so be it

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly don't mind it being closed, since my question has been answered by then. But I hate it how we got to wait 24 hours to give that one helpful person who posted very quickly the MHO

thats to allow for the posibilty of a better answer from someone that may not have been online the minute you posted

@wankiam If not one answer helped me out and it got closed I'd be annoyed

so would i but perhaps if in a couple of days there has been no response, you are in the wrong place to ask. that wasn't my point on mho though

What Girls Said 3

• There's absolutely no good thing about it.

• I don't know honestly. there's so many weird questions here that stay up alll the time.

• I've never really thought much about it. Doesn't bother me

What Guys Said 4

• Some admin once said that they looked at the statistics and it turned out that closing older questions was for the better since newer questions got more traffic.

• I think it was done to free up the feed by closing off questions that had no interaction for 72 hours - People felt that their questions were getting lost and there was a big number of questions that were being left with no opinions.

• Closing a question should be an option for the asker. (As well as reopening.) You should also be able to completely erase posts, but that's still impossible, right?

• they want people to focus on newer questions. but it's annoying asf