Do mods have to answer to admin?

if i feel a post by them is religiously or racially intollerant but then find I've been blocked from replying with no explanation for being blocked what is my recourse? how do i register my disapointment in their attitude? do they get away with it or can i have my say somewhere? you know i come here to try help people out but this has just really got me. im not asking just to vent. im asking because i just want to know how it works.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's every man for himself! If you can't return fire, spend a round on yourself!

it actually wasn't my argument... i saw a mod being racist and do feel that because they have an m next to their name they have a responsibility to be more consciuos about what they type as the young and or easily influenced may take it as fact more than a poster without an m. to me that can represent incitement which is not only morally wrong but also a criminal offence in some countries. given what i have said i hope reconsider your own apparently flippant attitude and i also hope in future that mods in general are more mindful of what they say. i dont expect anyone to tread on eggshells here but mods do have a responsibility to be mindful and regulate themselves as much as others

hey you know i up with the kids lol you and i have talked before about music remember but i do despair sometimes. not so much because of the youth but because of the downward slide of humanity itself... still i keep laughing though coz its better than jumping off a bridge and besides it can only change if we make a difference as im sure you know

• 17d

; - )

What Girls Said 5

• Moderators are supervised by admins. However, mods are not employees of GirlsAskGuys. They are volunteers and as such, they are allowed to express their personal views (as long as it's within the posting guidelines) and block other members if they want to.

If you feel a post violates our guidelines, you can report it which will notify the admin team so we can review it. You can also report mods like any other user by going to their profile and clicking the "report" button or contacting us directly about the issue here. www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

thankyou... it was a question of contact more than anything as the report function is very limited

• Mods are held to the same standards as any other user. If you feel they are abusing their power, you are more than free to message the admins and share your concerns. Mods typically get warnings for negative behavior and will have their title taken away if the admins see fit.

yeah i got that from the others but thanks anyway... you know the site isn't very clear to navigate with such an issue but i will get in touch with admin when im not so cross ;)

Sorry, I was delayed, but you can always refer to the FAQ as well. It does help explain things.

• All you can do is report it and it's up to a higher ranked mod to delete it or an administrator. Otherwise, there's nothing you can do. What was the question?

Actually even a lower rank mod can remove it.

wow is that it? im not going to go into details but surely mods should be better regulated. never known this on other forums. also im used to being able to chat to a the mod directly rather than them being able to hide. i know you will say that would lead to overly full inboxes but other forums i use do express that mods can only be pm ed if its to do with a genuine query. anyway i will use this opportunity just to point out that it is not acceptable to say that one religion is any better than any other whether you have beliefs or not and that seeing a mod make that statement really has led me to question whether i should bother with the site at all. i help a lot of people here as you will see if you look at my posts for today but im not going to stand by a site that has religious or racial intolerance at its core... nuff said and i hope you at least understand my view

@Thisperson98 I meant from my mod rank. I can't remove anything, just hide stuff.

• I ANSWER TO NO ONE

• You have to remember that the site's rules apply to Mods as well. If you think that a Mod was abusing their power, or was harassing you or was simply disobeying the rules , feel free to report them to the Admins.

What Guys Said 2

• I would have thought they have to - You can contact Admin at http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

• You can report the question or opinion. And the admins will look into it.

but i wanted to have my say rather than choose one word from a list... anyway i made my point to elarra while you was typing but thanks anyway

so i have learned which is more alarming as its open to abuse in itself... more like a popularity contest and which merely serves to marginalise those of us that buck the trend in our opinions on subjects like race

They look at your reports mainly. For example if you report a lot of content that should be removed, you will have a good chance of being asked.