Why am I getting messages and notifications for "popular" questions?

If these questions are so popular. then surely the asker would have enough answers for them by now and wouldn't need anymore, so why does gag still inform me of them?

Most Helpful Guy

• i never get these notifications you speak of.. perhaps fiddle with your notification settings to stop receiving one.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess they figured that, if it's that popular, that you might be interested in answering as well.

What Guys Said 2

• There is a notification setting to not receive notifications from GaG

• Some questions are debatable so sometimes that isn't true. A lot of even simple questions have debates on them which can last forever.

I click on those questions and they have like 40 answers from just one gender. Even those "debatable" questions would have enough different points of view that the asker wouldn't need to hear anymore. I really don't see the point of getting more users to post on them so they have even more opinions.

Maybe it is to help other people who may have the same questions or thoughts.

What Girls Said 0