Should a new category, Politics, be created?

With the bitter election winding down in the US, political division remain high and with one of the two major party candidates certain to win, it looks to remain so for the next few years. I'm sure there is little disagreement on that. So with this in mind, for those who wish to steer clear (or towards) these likely heated politic debates and arguments here, is it finally time that G@G added a Politics category where all posts on the subject can be made? I have advocated for it before, but after seeing the decline in civility here lately largely centered around politics and candidates, I think it's time to revisit this issue. What say you, G@G community?

• Yes
  • No
  • Unsure

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, that way I can block it

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• Thank you Kindly, @VirginaBeachBum, for the Polite Invite and Never A.. Fight with you neither. One of the Sensible Ones.
    I find that with Politics and Religion, BOTH Sore Spots and Not to much of a HOT Spot, in Agreeing to Disagree anyways, No. It Leads to Fights, people being Disrespectful, and with Doing a Bit "Trolling" lately because I am Making a Polite Point, I Feel it is Not Fair nor Square for Others on here to Disrespect What others May Say. It has even Caused Friends, Follows to Dismantle one Another and to Even go their Separate ways with Blocking or even Socking one another.
    I would just like to Take my own Time out to say "Thank you" for Never Disrespecting my Own Opinion, and for Having the Maturity and the No Meddle Mind Set to See that Sitting back to Watch or even Comment Kindly or just In your Own "I mind my own Business"Comment Box, is Appreciated Here, Dear.. LOTS.
    Good luck and Be safe this Crazy Clown weekend. Still Lurking, I hear. xx

• I voted no because of the inevitable crap flinging from both sides. But maybe yes because that way we can block all those annoying questions and takes.
    Put feminism under politics so that way the many "are feminists worse than Hitler" questions and takes can be blocked and avoided.

You know what, change my vote to A. Yes, do it lol

• Yeah maybe we could call it something like Trending and News or Society and Culture!

Political arguing has consumed so many of those groups. So in which one group should political discussions occur? A lot of it isn't really trending. Hard to call much of it news, since a lot of what goes on here of late has been posting of debunked lies. Politics sets off peoples' arguing reflex like few other categories can. If the admins want these types of heated arguments on a subject which arguably many people have no genuine interest in, they should isolate them in their own group to make them easier to find (or avoid). I recall push back over the massive amounts of "How do I look?" type posts that used to invade several topics, but it now has its own category. So there is a precedence for type of this action.

Who said anything about it not being on the 8th? I know when it is. I have to be home by then to vote.

Mmmhmm...

• No becayse it'll probably die down after the election... right?

Did the political rancor die down after Obama was elected? No, it got worse. You really expect it to go away when either of these candidates wins? If Hillary wins, it'll be email this, Benghazi that, hell, we might even have a few more Vince Foster (Google him) posts as I've seen here in the past. And if Trump should win, it won't be any better. You have him and his supporters openly talking about "2nd Amendment" solutions and questions over whether they'll accept the election result as valid. That's some scary shit. No, election night won't fix that. :-(

:( :(

What Guys Said 6

• Yes and if HRC wins there will be at least a month of crap storming and probably a regular protest question about her

A month? Try at least four years. These are the 2 most disliked candidates for president in modern US electoral history. And one of them will win. This political divide won't heal for years, if ever.

• It should've been created a long time ago so I can block the stupid questions, dumb takes and beyond retarded opinions that manage to spew on this site from so many retards on here

• Political category? Presidental elections in the US are short term, in few days it's over. If this category will be created, then people will make proposals for another more detailed categories, and G@G will be a bit messy with many categories.

Short term? The arguing over the policies of the winner, and in one particular case, the fallout over their potential loss, will go on for months. The debate and discussion over the winner won't end until they are out of office and the next president is inaugurated, then it starts all over again. And I don't know if you follow the news, but presidential elections cycles in the US are actually almost 2 years long. Watch my word, discussions about the 2020 race will begin promptly on November 9, 2016. Politics in the US knows no season.

So if US guys loves politics so much, make just particular topic about US politics and I'm going to click unfollow. Because I believe that a lot of people are not bothered with USA politics.

• Sounds like a good idea.

• Nope too much antagonized behavior with politics on this site.

• In about a week hardly anyone will be talking about politics.