Mytake writers, dont you think editors should be unable to edit your mytakes?

It's called a Mytake. Not an Ourtake. If i'd spend hours writing a mytake, i would find it pretty annoying that anyone with the word "editor" next to their names can just change anything they dont like about my take. Its my take. I wrote it the way i like it. I wrote it the way i want it. I dont like it when anyone can edit my take. My take which i spend hours writing. And they get to change anything they dont like about it. I'm not even sure if i can edit my own take. But they can yet its MY take.

This is all just an idea ove had for a while. I haven't written a take in a while. I just dont like the idea of anyone being able to edit my takes to their hearts content.

Am i alone in this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Editors can only edit their own myTakes. Editor users cannot edit or change anyone else's posts. Only site admins are able to make edits to anyone's myTakes. More information about Editors and what they do can be found in our FAQ here. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#185

Most Helpful Guy

• As people have already said, Editors can't edit other people's myTakes. Only admins can do that.

And we do it because frankly, 95% of all Takes require at least some editing to be brought up to speed. As we actively distribute many such Takes, we don't want poor-quality pieces circulating with the GirlsAskGuys name on it.

For the record, nothing is ever edited for content (unless it violates GaG policy). It's only edited for quality purposes; i. e., spelling, punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, etc. Media may be added for presentation purposes and if that happens, the writer is typically told about it and asked if they're okay with the additions.

Yes, you wrote it. But if we're going to Promote it or Feature it, it has to hit a certain quality bar. :)

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, One would thin at Least This, @Raymond_Reddington.
    Good luck and Great One, hun. xx

If someone wants to become an "Editor," The First Baby Steps is when they Make a Mistake is to Correct it on their Own, not have to Ask Other Ones her to Help with a Helping hand. Takes too long anyways. Too much red tape to go through. Look even now with this "music Fiasco."xx

• Editors can only edit their own Takes. You'll want to talk to @Fathoms77 for changing what you wrote.

• I kinda like that they do edit but not the entire content though. I think one of the editors edited my title and made it appear more catchy or neat I guess

• That had to be an admin. Probably Fathoms77 because that's his job

What Guys Said 2

• Only admin can change your take and all they usually change is the title

• i personally dont mind. i think it makes the mytake more appealing to people because its easier to read for them. i dont think they would actually censor mytakes if nothing that is written is against the rules.