What's with all the desperate, "single life is great" takes/questions?

Being single isn't great, it sucks, it's lonely, you are empty inside. Stop trying to bullshit yourself and everyone else that being single is so great.

• I have noticed this too
  • I haven't noticed
1mo @AceOtana1 You still haven't done anything but dance around his spot on point, that you have never been in a relationship yet you claim to know it's inferior... All you did is bait him then claim he "insulted" you, when he never did then block me who had no point in the argument, and I am guessing him... Too bad Red Herring wasn't included on your little list.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• If being single was as great as some people say it is then why do people even bother dating?

Obviously it's bullshit and being in a good relationship with someone is much better than being single. I think that most people who say otherwise have just never been in a good relationship.

What Girls Said 6

• Being single is b. s when you make your life revolve around the idea that "You need a gf/bf " to live.
    I see too many girls/boys wanting a partner instead of developing there character first. Once you work on yourself, you begin to realize that happiness doesn't come from a partner, it comes from you.

Having a partner may just make it a bit more easier as they say; two is better than one, something like that but it's not saying that without a partner, you are dull/doomed, lonely.

You are lonely , only when you let yourself think like that

See what I mean? It is false thinking like this, "If you are lonely its because you think that" Classic ad hominem, "You disagree with me? You are a horrible person."

Well said YaBaba

• Lol. It has its perks. It really does. If you are comfortable being your company, value your alone time, and have a rich social life outside of a partner... it's quite nice. I hear the drama my taken friends have to deal with and it makes me feel quite relieved that I don't have those problems. Not saying relationships are all doom and gloom. Just that there are two sides to this coin.

• That must be sad for you, needing someone. Just because someone's single doesn't mean they're "empty inside" lmao

That is what happens, people need to stop denying it.

What exactly am I denying? I don't need someone in my life to be happy. It's unhealthy to be so dependent on having someone.

Lol, dependence? I hope you just have a very unfortunate and extremely sarcastic sense of humor, because if that is how you view relationships, you are WAY off!

• Im single, but i don't think its great.

• I enjoy being single. Im a escort so i sleep for money sometimes, I work, and I am raising my child. It can be draining trying fo date with so much going on. Im happier without the obligations of a relationship. Calling everyday, txting all throughout the day, dates every weekend. Just not worth the headache for me anymore. Would rather just escort, mske money and live that way.

• Single doesn't mean you don't have close friends, though...
    Being single and without friends might be crappy (but who knows, there might be people who prefer it due to life circumstances). i think some people would prefer to be single after escaping an abusive (physically or emotionally) partner, for example...

... different folks, different strokes...

What Guys Said 9

• People have to make themselves feel better somehow. Making an ego stroking myTake seems to be the method of choice of g@g... but it doesn't solve the underlying issue of people in our generation having less sex than our parents at this age, according to recent stats. Guys just aren't approaching women nearly as often as they once did, and it's showing in the declining marriage stats too. Lots of reasons for that, but point is that A LOT of people are single these days, and they'll each have a different way of tricking themselves to love being chronically alone

• For some people being single works for them. I've been single for 27 years and I am generally very happy. I don't want t date anyone. Quite happy with the way things are.

Just because 'you' don't enjoy being single, doesn't mean I don't either. I LOVE the single life. Wouldn't change it for anyone.

You've never been in a relationship tho so how would you possibly know how it compares?

I don't think you've qualified to talk about this subject (being single vs dating) before you've actually been in a relationship.

This is for all too see. It's known as the code of argument. The moment you result to name calling, you've lost the argument.
      upload.wikimedia.org/.../...f_Disagreement.svg.png
      The moment you reach the bottom of that pyramid, the debate is over.

"you claim to know it's inferior" Quote me where I said that..., never did I state it was inferior, you are deliberately misquoting me.
      "All you did is bait him then claim he "insulted" you", Bait him? Where did I do that? Also insulted? Quote me where I said that. I said the moment you result to name calling, you've lost the debate, which is true. If this debate was being held in a public forum and you called me an"idiot", that would be very unacceptable. Calling people 'idiots' pulls the debate down to personal attacks, and personal attacks do not address the argument, it's extremely counter-productive, which is why once that happens, the debate is over. It's not acceptable behaviour.

All that guy did was play judge, responded immaturely and resulted to personal attacks, I had every reason to block him. And now seeing you deliberately misquoting me, seems I was right to block you as well. You both need to grow up.

• I have a feeling some people are maybe over compensating.

• honestly lets be realistic the majority of peopel want a partner lets cut the bs being single sucks i know it they know it and you know it , you either man the fk up and admit that while attempting to fix it or simply dont lie to yourself and everyone esle.

• Being single sucks if you're not getting laid.
    Get laid, and enjoy the single life.

• Boo boo, cry cry.

• Well the people who say that have bad relationships. No one in a great relationship complains.

trust me even people in shitty relationships are happier than single people, the feeling of being wanted by someone else is a strong feeling.

• Oh fuck off, I'm single and don't tell me how to feel. No I don't feel lonely or empty inside

Lol, I'm sure you are single... probably has married in your profile. In the meantime it is YOU who seem to be telling people how to feel.

• I've been single my whole life, and I think there are things to enjoy about being single and things to enjoy about being in a relationship. I totally understand the 'more money' part of being single.