Why am I blocked from posting to an anonymous question?

I was under the impression is a user posted anon the block was ineffective. What gives have the rules changed?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they changed recently I am experiencing that - I am blocked by anon and I answer her 1 or more questions a day , submit (you are blocked), I try to block the anon to knock her off my feed and I can't (must be because I am blocked) - GaG needs to have a indicator to say you are blocked, imagine you wrote 2,500 character half hour answer only to find you are blocked.

No worry there I'm not that ambitious. But yes it should show your blocked or you shouldn't see the question.

Most Helpful Girl

• Recently we made the change to make anonymous blocking permanent. Before, if you blocked an anonymous user, it would be for that post only. Now, when you block an anonymous user, it is permanent and that person will not be able to interact with you anonymously anymore. Like regular blocking, anonymous blocking is reciprocal.

So, in this particular situation, if you blocked an anonymous member in the past and they post an anonymous question, you will not be able to leave an Opinion because you blocked that member. If you would like to reset your anonymous blocks, just go to the "Blocks" page on your profile, click on the tab that says "Anonymous" and then click "Unblock." This will unblock all of the anonymous users you have blocked.

So does this mean this particular anon can't comment on any of my questions or posts also?

Yes, they could. Anonymous blocking and regular blocking are two different things. Anonymous blocking simply blocks that member from being able to post anonymously on your future posts. It's meant to prevent/stop consistent anonymous trolling and harassment. They could still post with their username though in which case, you can block them as usual and then they would be completely blocked. :)

Ok Thanks for the update.

What Guys Said 8

• A bit confused on your details but
    can report that if I block someone then they post a Q anonymously then I blocked myself from participating in their Q... w/o knowing who it is

• That's weird... normally when you ask something anonymously you get the message that anonymous people can give opinion and even blocked users can.
    I don't see a way how this could be possible except maybe if you've already posted your maximum number of opinions in a certain period? But since you haven't been here that often I couldn't imagine that to be the case :o

No I have only just came on & I'm not posting anon. But I am blocked from commenting or even voting to this anons question.

To me, technically it's impossible but see that Unit1 has the same experience so maybe it's a bug or an update...

@xHoneyxBeex says it's a recent update

• I noticed something different about it!

When you ask questions anonymously, it says, that blocked users can post.
    When I post on some anonymous question in which the asker blocked me, I can't submit my opinion.

• thats odd.

• i haven't experienced that myself so im not sure

Yes I'm not sure if it's the same anon or different ones. Happens at least once every other time I'm here.

• Narrow mindedness

• Good, prevents trolling

How does it prevent trolling? I'm not anon the question asker is.

I know. People will still troll

• gag is full of thin skinned cry babies.

I'm not crying only curious. I have never come across this before?

correction: im NOT calling you a crybaby.

LOL hahahaha no offense taken.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know about that, it seems very Uncanny, @douride2. I have Read below the Question that even if this Blocker is Asking us the Question, the BlockeD.. Can still Participate.
    However, Speaking of "Blocking," what I feel is Unfair, is when Someone you Block still Comes along, can Use your Name and still Ramble on.
    This has Happened to me a few times. Must be some of the "Changes" Gag has Made, along with No "Music to our Ears," and other such Changes that Many find very Annoying.
    Good luck. xx

• I think they changed the other day and you can block anonymous users now too.

• You can now block someone from responding to your anonymous questions. You have to click on their name and block them that way when they respond to an anonymous question and then you can't respond to that user's anonymous questions anymore.

Really when did this change occur?

No idea. I noticed it a few weeks ago when I asked an anonymous question and when someone left a rude comment, I dragged my mouse of their name and it gave me the option to prevent them from posting anonymously. I don't know if that means that they can't respond to an anonymous question or they can't respond anonymously anymore to my question, but the feature was there a couple weeks ago.