Do YOU downvote a lot?

Who even cares enough to do that? I've always wondered.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most posts are generic so I don't bother voting. Of all the posts I read, I probably only up/down vote maybe 15% at most.

-Who even cares enough to do that?

Well, its not like it takes huge ammount of effort to do it. You just tap/click the button. Reading what they wrote in the first place actually takes more time/energy than voting.

So if I took the time to read their comment and it was really interesting, funny, or insightful then I may tap the upvote button. If they sound really condescending or obnoxious then I occasionally downvote. It's bassically a quick way to either say "I agree/well said" or "fuck off" without having to waste extra time typing it out to them.

Most Helpful Girl

• That depends on how much idiotic opinions people leave or that I disagree with.

I care because I want it to be known that I/someone doesn't support what they have to say. For me it needs to be known. However it's not like I'm going to downvote someone because their favorite color or religion is different.

It's just the same when I up vote someone's opinion.

What Guys Said 30

• I downvote if there is something I disagree with and am too lazy to present an argument against it (... or if it's just an absurd argument in the first place and not worth debating about). However, I wouldn't say that this happens too often, hence I don't downvote much. I upvote a good majority more than downvote.

• Sometimes if someone gives a really stupid advice or if something I very much disagree with. Simpler than replying. But dosent happen often.

• Almost never

• I think I've only done it once. I'll usually either just like something or not do anything. The one time I did it I really disagreed with the opinion and couldn't believe someone thought that way so I gave the thumbs down (as many people did).

• Since the downvote button was reinstalled, I haven't downvoted one single time.

• When I see something stupid I just downvote. Didn't know that made me care a lot lol.

I receive enough down votes myself tho so it balances out.

• No I prefer to say something snarky/silly in response to whatever it is someone else wrote.

• No I don't

• I get down voted even if I post a completely rational opinion. The shooting in FL.. I posted a comment on here saying "My heart goes out to the victims" I received 6 down votes lmfao.

• I don't care too much about upvotes and downvotes

• If I analyze my previous votes , I up vote 98% of the times and I down vote only 2% of the time.

• I hate to do that. It is one of the least useful features of GAG. I only use it if someone is offensive "in certain ways".

• yeah i do sometimes

• nope, I'm on the receiving end.

I downvote maybe 2-3 times a month

• I don't down vote or up vote much

• When it already has a lot of downvotes and its stupid i add my vote too.

When i see an opinion that is immoral and i dont feel like debating that person i downvote them.

• if somebody says something that is either factually wrong or just blatantly stupid, i feel compelled to do it

• Rarely, I really only upvote.

• almost never

• I have down voted some opinions before because they are lousy.

• sometimes... those who give irrelevant answers and starts judging people...

• No, you just caught me doing so :P

• They got nothing on real life so they ended up treating internet so seriously

• No I don't

• Rarely,

• Only if post is too stupid.

• I only downvote if it is something very offensive or insulting...

Somebody must have found my response "offensive or insulting"... lol... a-hole, just for that I'm gonna down vote everyone who answered...☺

• No I don't

• Only the unprovoked racist posts.

What Girls Said 15

• Lol yeah. It's fun.

• No, I just won't upvote them

• only if i disagree with an opinion

• I downvote if someone already roasted them in the replies so my reply is not needed but I want to support the person who is dragging them.

Otherwise, I attack their opinion first and when they confirm that they're dumb or crazy then I dislike.

• Very rarely do I down vote. I usually just keep it moving if I don't like a comment. But I get down voted a lot.

• If I really don't like what was say and it's very negative then I will... or if I don't like the person and I feel like being petty

• If it's really insulting or offensive then yeah, but that's pretty rare

• almost never
    if I have an issue I usually comment
    or do both

• nah i don't

• Nah not really.

• Practically never. In fact I don't think I have once on my new account yet.

• I only downvote they are mean to me

• Not a lot

• I rarely down vote.

• Don't got that much free time on my hand as to do something as sad as that