If you've decided to block someone then could you please be considerate about it?

This is a comment that I made on another thread on GAG concerning the "block" feature. I'll repost it here:

"I just got blocked by a closed minded 47 year old women. I responded to a question that she asked and she didn't like or understand my reply. I don't mind the fact that she blocked me if she didn't like what I was saying. But I do mind the fact that she posted a reply to my comment; showing that she had no clue about what I was trying to say. Then she blocked me, so I couldn't clarify my meaning. So I wasted 10 minutes typing up a response that explained what I was trying to say only to find out that I couldn't post there because she had blocked me. If someone is going to block me then I wish that they wouldn't respond to comments".

FYI, I'm the type of person who will conscientiously respond to any comment that I receive. I'm sure that many people here are the same way. So if you've decided to block me, or anyone else here, then please do the right thing and just block the person; and without leaving some stupid comment that the person being blocked is prohibited from responding to. I say this because we don't know that we've been blocked until we've invested time and energy typing out a response just to find out that our post has been flagged. So if you've decided to block someone then please don't even respond to anything that person says. Is that too much to ask?

Most Helpful Girl

• that's happened to me before. i've been blocked by an idiot on here for not agreeing with leftist, white knighting, logic. i've also been blocked by a person i was trying to give hope to, while having a discussion about racism. apparently this person didn't see how people that weren't white couldn't be racist. but it's whatever. i do see your point about typing up a comment only to find out your blocked. that right there tells me you are a wuss with no conviction.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think we have all been there - Please GaG next upgrade put in some sign that we are blocked - I am blocked by an Anon (25 to 29) and at least once a day I answer one or more of her questions, submit (You are blocked) plus I can't block her back to knock her questions of my feed so I get caught every day,

You should be able to block her. Just go to her profile page and click "block". It's that simple.

When a person posts Anon then they can't block you even if you are on her block list. This shouldn't be happening.

I bet she went to my profile page and blocked me.

What Girls Said 2

• People feel the need to get the last word. Cowards.

"Cowards". Yup! That's the right word. If someone is going to make a comment then she should have the decency to defend what she said.

• Hahahaha well so much for that effort in typing that response.. I don't get some people here either. Don't block, and solve the god damn issue instead of running away from it

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah, I find that annoying too. But the people who block want to get the last word in - they don't want others to think that they lost the argument.

Exactly right! They just drop a cheep shot and then they hit the block icon. How convenient?

• I understand.
    You will see many jerk and jerkettee here

No. Actually, this place seems pretty cool. If you want to see some real jerks and jerkettees than just try posting on Redditt. Those asshole moderators will delete any post that isn't 100% politically correct. And if the moderators don't kill you than the down-votes certainly well. Redditt is the most toxic and tight assed community that I've ever seen!

• Has happened to me as well. Good thing I learned to hide my goat well.