Are you a catfish?

Catfish= someone who pretends to be someone they're not personality wise and/or using a picture of someone else to pose as themself.

If you are one, why?

im expecting a lot of anon answers lol

• Yes
    13% (8)27% (17)20% (25)Vote
  • No
    79% (48)67% (42)73% (90)Vote
  • No not currently but I've made a catfish account before
    8% (5)6% (4)7% (9)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|2
36|51

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. I am not, though I've been accused of it once or twice.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 50

• How much fish could a catfish catch, if a catfish could catch fish?

I confess though... i'm really this guy
    pbs.twimg.com/.../-SuY3MpO.jpg
    But i catfish down to avoid attention.

4|1
    0|0
  • 1|1
    0|0
  • Yes I have no idea who the sexy bald old guy in my profile pic is - Srs I couldn't be a catfish, if I pretended to be young I would be caught out in a second, I have no idea what you young folks are talking about half the time, when I am on GaG, google and Urban Dictionary are on a separate open tab all the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • http://replygif.net/i/1493.gif

Maybe?
    Naah, I mean, I certainly don't act in real life as I act in here, but no, far from it.

1|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

And that's most denifeately your own pic in the profile. Lol.

• 1mo

@SarahsSummer Haha, I just changed it this morning lol
      I figured, since my answers aren't that helpful lately, might as well entertain people that pass by my opinions :D

• i'm not but i've been catfished once or twice before and i'd say watch the doc and the reality show about it. it actually is very believable that these people honestly think either a) pretending is better than nothing or b) i can convince them over time to love me despite my perceived FLAW whether its ugliness, weight, extreme shyness etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll be honest I photoshopped those sunglasses into my selfie profile pic. I'm so sorry

2|2
    0|0
  • No way, but believe me: in my 3+ years on GAG I've seen many come by!
    One of them had had over 5 user names in almost as many years 8) 8)
    He had been a she and than a he than a she again :-( :-(

1|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

So weird lol

• 1mo

It is, I had been speaking to that person a lot, "she" played her role to perfection 8)
      I also a remember a guy who had created a female user id using pics stolen from his sis. But that has only lasted for a month or three :-(

• Nah, I think that needing to try to catfish people on a question asking website like this is just pitiful. But I don't particularly want to show my face here because there are a lot of weirdos and creeps on this website.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ofc not. If I were to catfish, it would be someone that is like a model looking that will attract all the ladies

1|0
    0|0
  • of course

I am really a 21 year old boy with his life ahead of him rather than a 45 year old relic suffering from insomnia and gout and feeling immeasurably old at 136am

1|0
    0|0
  • Am I? Found out in the next episode of... Dragonball z!!!

1|1
    0|0
  • No, I'm not a giant douche like @SoFeckinAddicted

1|1
    0|0
  • ><... CATFISH? I thought i was a killer whale... or a dolphin... would love to be a dolphin though... or a killer whale

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a fishy cat that is obviously pretending to be a Humanoid Vampire.

*rawr*

1|0
    0|0
  • I have catfished professionally before, made great money. Had to witness way too many dick pics though.

1|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Professionally? Why?

• Show All
    • 1mo

@async there are definitely a lot of sad, really desperate dudes out there for sure, and I probably haven't seen the half of it.

• 1mo

@Luci92 ah lucky XD
      you re wlc and tx ^^

• Nope I'm actually cis scum, this feminist hates me for it.
    i.ytimg.com/vi/54-Y7S2bdhs/maxresdefault.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Never have, never will. I personally don't see the point. Now I AM a little more open on here vs. IRL. Working on that part

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I think it's pretty obvious I'm not Gumby.

2|0
    0|0
  • Fish cat

1|0
    0|0
  • It would be fun hah.. 😎

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm seriously the person in my profile, i don't use real pics cause you got protect yourself online.

2|0
    0|0
  • I wish lmao

1|1
    0|0
  • No. No.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I'm real. probably

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope I am a goldfish though. 😀

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope, I'm not a catfish.

2|0
    0|0
  • No thats me, but the pic is old though

2|0
    1|0
  • I am not. I really don't believe in pretending to be someone I'm not. It doesn't accomplish anything

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I am not actually a Chinese broadsword.

2|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 35

• Haha, no.

If someone accuses me of being a catfish because I "seem to good to be real", I'm actually flattered. #EgoBoost #ThisBitchisReal -

Met someone on an app, after talking for a while, we met IRL.

--
    ONE of the first things he said to me was; "Your ass looks better in person". <3 I knew it was good, but damn.

* They admitted towards the end of their visit that they thought I was going to be a catfish. We video chatted (live) so I don't know why he'd have thought I was going to be a catfish.

lol, I paid a woman to video chat with you, in my voice, and to lip sync with me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not. I've been back and forth on G@G for 3 years 🙈 so if I was a catfish I'd come back as someone different each time 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, i am who i am. I don't try to dress myself up or lead people on beyond the point i have to. Of course at times i may need to omit certain details in real life from people but online i dont fake anything. If someone wants to know something i just tell them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh I could never post here if I went public about my identity, that's mostly why I don't post pictures of myself. l But neither do I use other people's pics in order to do that. So no catfishing for me, there are better ways to conceal one's identity. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Would you believe, for years I had no idea what that was until I mistakenly clicked on the MTV show one day lol I'm so unaccustomed to that concept... WHY would anyone ever do that? I really value honesty, couldn't do that and live with myself

1|0
    0|0
  • No I'm not a catfish

1|1
    0|0
  • no but am not posting my pics online even tho there's nothing special about them

2|0
    0|0
  • I am not a catfish, but some people here think I am. But since its useless to convince them, I don't care.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes... I have to confess I'm actually a bunny trying to live as a human. I just wanted to be a real girl😊.

1|2
    0|0
  • I made a catfish account on Instagram, but it wasn't like to talk to someone. It was just to spy on other people accounts (Like look at their pictures, nothing further)😂😂Sad, but true. I'm not proud of it though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Being a catfish is exhausting. I imagine. I'd rather be a goldfish

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes. This is how I look lovedetective.com/.../catfish.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • maybe I am maybe I am not :P
    can t blow up my cover :p

1|1
    0|0
  • Not a catfish, but I've made catfish accounts before (not on this website). I used pictures of pretty girls because I enjoyed the attention I would get from guys, which I lacked in real life at the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • On here, no. In other places, maybe.

2|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Psh you're a catfish lmao I've seen your posts

• Show All
    • 1mo

Ahh okay people shouldn't do that. I guess they are just letting out some anger they have inside. I'll make friends on here. Thanks again.
      Plus I took down my profile pics so I think everything will be fine.

• 1mo

You can post a pic holding your username if ever you want verify yourself. We did that on here a couple years ago after a big catfish scandal.

• No, so when people insult me about my looks, I do take it to heart people, lmao

1|1
    0|0
  • If I'm catfish, you're a dogfish then :)) Look at our profile pics lol

1|2
    0|0
  • Yep you caught me

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, obviously
    😂😂

3|0
    0|0
  • Oh yes I am one I like to pretend to be @Yumix on here from time to time and people fall for it -.-.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have been before

1|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

On here why?

by the way appreciate the bravery 😊 Haha most people that say yes go anon

• 1mo

Yeah on here before. When people would come message me about some nonsense then I'd just have fun with them. But I got bored of that so I don't do it anymore.

• Nah, of course not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tots man🐈🐟

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep. Meow meow 🐟

1|0
    0|0
  • Nopee

1|0
    0|0
  • Catfish means you're not real than my hair color might be lol. It's not my natural hair color.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah i pretend to be an assassinator, oh come on, it is cool!

1|0
    0|0
  • No and anyone who is isn't gonna say so or try to make a joke.

1|0
    0|1
  • Thankfully I have better ways of utilising my time rather than pretending to be someone else

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I'm pretty confident about my looks and don't need comments to 'feel good'

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls