Anyone else recently having performance problems (sluggish keyboard) on the mobile site?

I have the problem that sometimes (not always) I have a really sluggish keyboard which makes it impossible to write properly. It started one or two weeks ago or so and it only happens on the GAG mobile site (not tested with the desktop version). In the Android system, other apps or on other websites, everything works normal. It seems like it also only happens when replying to or posting a new opinion. It never happened when creating a question or with private messages.

Just check the video to see what I mean. First I try replying and it works like shit. It feels much worse than it looks here. But at 00:52 when I ask a question, you can see how it is when it works normal. Much faster.

What irritates me is that it doesn't always happen... so I'm not sure what's causing it, but since it only happens on GAG and only on questions, it has to be related to the site. I use a Sony Xperia Z5 on Marshmallow (6.0.1) with a Snapdragon 810 and 3GB RAM, so nothing slow.

Anyone else experiencing something similar or am I the only one?

@xHoneyxbeex @DiogoRibeiro

• Same problem
  • Results
  • Not sure
    Vote C
  • Everything working fine for me
    Vote D

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 24

• Thank you for the Kind Invite, @Yumix, and Yes... But just the Other day Here when this Music and Video Problem became a Huge Issue for Many of U s with either Computers or Celly's or Both.
    I Squeaked a lot and Perhaps Someone Heard, because within a Half Hour, It Disappeared. No Problem since.
    It wasn't even the Annoyance, it was Not Needed as well, at least on My own End. Plus the Fact, I was So Scared of Some Sort of Malicious Virus Grasping at my New Laptop, Causing this to Shut down. It Began to Suddenly go Slow with the Changes they were trying to Instill, and Had, and I knew that if I had Continued to Answer Questions, every Time I would Go on a Question, this "Big Change" Began its Beguine.
    People were and still Are, Going crazy over it.
    Perhaps it's this "New Change" that's Causing your Problem, @Yumix, I hope you Figure this Out very soon.
    Good luck. xx

• *If the Music and Videos are still going on on anyone's part or had been, Many who even are and Have Posted of the Problem of this, This Now may have affected your cellys. In that case, need to take it in and have it looked it by your Carrier or a Technician even for your Computer.
      @Yumix, another factor here. When I would Go and have to reply to a guy who had all of these videos on here about Politics or whatever he has, my computer Ran Slow as I tried to Reply to the Guy, which is Why I don't Care to Reply to things with Videos included. xx

• @Yumix, Thank you for the Like and the time you took to read.
      I would be Honored to do more Invites in the future by a friend here, dear. xx

• Haha you're welcome ;)
      New invites coming for sure

• Thanks for the report! I will pass this along to the development team so we can figure out what the issue may be. :)

• it has happened to me, I use a desktop and when a try to post a question it refuses to review and send.

• I don t think that s happening with me
    my phone is already screwed up so any issue I associate it with the phone

• Everything is working fine for me

• It's been happening to me every once in awhile. Not just lately but since I joined a year ago. Happens on the pc too sometimes.

• Never had any problems on the pc (well, I have many with this site in the pc but not this problem)

• Yeah it's been happening to me too. I'm not much of a technology expert so I have no idea why it happens and only sometimes.

• Same problemo

• I haven't

• Yeh it's happening to me too

• I don't have this problem

• Everything is fine for me but I haven't been on much recently.

• I've always had that problem with their mobile site.

• It's happening to me but not so often.

• it used to happen years ago but not recently

• A while ago, these days it's okay

• Yes sameeeeee
    How do you do that video by the way

• Sony integrated a video recording function in the interface. But you can find apps in the store to record too (on Android, not sure about iOS)

• Oh really? I might try it it's cool

• Nope

• Yeah, last week, but right now it is working.

• It's fine for me

• This happens to me all the time

• Nope, everything works fine.

• I get the slow typing every once in a while. For the last few months. Kind of figured it was my old ass phone just being a pain. Usually if I close my web browser it like resets itself. Maybe it's just a coincidence that that's worked in the past.

• I have no problems like this on other sites or on any apps, why I don't think it has to do with my phone. it's only a year old and there isn't too much installed on it anyway.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 7

• I have. Then I realized my phone was either : 1) running out of storage space, or 2) phone had too many apps open and had very little available RAM

• well, look at the video and you'll see that both doesn't make much sense in my space

• Never use mobile - It is just too irritating for me and since I work from home, Iaptop is always handy.

• No, I think your keyboard app is acting up

• Then why only Gag?

• well, I get no ads as guru and on the mobile site there aren't that many anyway. But you said the same what I said... it's the fault of GAG, not the phone. The poll is clearly showing that I'm not the only one with it

• No, I said it is the fault of your keyboard application

• Yeah I have.

• It happens sometimes with a samsung J5 on Marshmallow

• app is shit. we all know, tag some gag editors , thnks for invite.

• Haha yeah.. sometimes that happens.

• it's super annoying... only started recently

• It makes me throw the phone to wall and break it :D Well thats because my phone is slow actually, but it seems there is a problem about GAG and I bet they will fix that soon.