Do you think downvoting opinions should be removed by G@G admins?

I think it only brings negative energy 馃槙

• Yes
  • No
  • I am not sure
1mo Is this a downvoting contest or what? These opinions are getting crazy downvoted

Most Helpful Guy

• They did get rid of it but they brought it back because people complained
    If you disagree with someone and there's no down vote button you are more likely to actually comment on their post which brings more negative energy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 47

• No, for two reasons:
    1) When you ask a questions there will be pro and con opinions... I think you should leave all posts there except those that are not appropriate (offensive,...).
    2) You would need an enormous admin squad to do that and if GAG would need to pay them I'm afraid the site would be bankrupt next month :-(

• There's negative energy in the world though. You want to regulate negative energy? This could be our world.
    theattic.london/.../IMG_0673.jpg

• This site does not need to be anymore politically correct.

• I downvote everyone, come at me!

• No i think thats a form of sensorship, people should be allowed to experience the negativity cause its important for everyone to have rights to do what they want with their time

• https://youtu.be/xoMgnJDXd3k

It'd be just like Kramer Vs predator all over again

i97.photobucket.com/.../Kramervs.gif

You want them removed? You can't just have down votes for months and say you want them removed. You can't have them

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

• I like your Cheshire Cat pic, but no, I don't think it should be removed. And I'm probably one of the most downvoted people on here (people hate when you don't reinforce their fantasy).

Lmfao I think I am the most downvoted 😂
      And thanks I'm obsessed with cheshire cat

I love Alice in Wonderland. I had a manager at work accuse me of being a druggie because right on the front of my hard hat I have a sticker that has the Cheshire Cat's eyes and smile and it says "We're all mad here". There's a few other, similar stickers too, but that's the one he saw.

Lol it doesn't mean anything
      Cheshire cat it's just a symbol of reality of our own
      It's a very thought well character

• they tried to, but people bitched about it. What you need to understand is that G@G attracts the most spineless people on the internet/in life. People need to downvote because they're typically afraid to get into a debate. It's also the reason why the anonymous function is so popular here. A lot of people here lack the courage of their convictions

• We fought long and hard to get them back so no, they're staying. Some negativity is needed in life - you can't be all comfy and cozy all the time.

• Definitely not. Everything in life has a contrary. wich is called the reality. Good and bad are all part of our life and should be respected with honest.
    It's like asking "Do you think boys (or girls) opinions should be removed by G@G admins?"

• lmao they removed them and then it was like the apocalypse... everyone crying that they are gone so GAG brought them back.

I liked it more without downvotes but whatever... not that important. If most people like them, then so it be.

• Nah, downvoting is cool. Although some people abuse it, many do not and rather use it to express their disagreement with the opinion, which can be helpful for OP sometimes.

• What is the world coming to when people can no longer handle a thumbs down vote?
    Are they like, "Oh no! Some stranger doesn't approve of what I said. Now I have to go cry in a corner the rest of the day."
    I don't understand how people like that can even function as an adult.

Nah I personally don't mind
      I get a lot of downvotes for saying the truth always
      Like they say the truth hurts but it doesn't effect me much

Omgggggg 😂😂😂😂😂
      @$$hole
      This is hilarious lmao

I agree that would be awesome

• I don't think you were here when they took away downvote before - It created a crapstorm

• Only if they get rid of upvotes too.

• its a number on the internet

• Nope because without downvotes. I would have no clue if my troll is successful or not

• Yes. I don't think it brings negativity, but it's stupid. What's the point of having a site where the purpose is to exchange opinions when people will just downvote?

• They already took it away once. It didn't go so well.

• Naw, sometimes people need to be called out for saying stupid shit.

• Oh no... downvotes turn me on!

• Go hide in your safe space if you're triggered by sothung so minuscule.

• 2|1
  • i think it's a nice way of people showing they disagree or don't like an opinion without starting arguments if people want to avoid them

i personally don't really care if people down vote my opinions

• No, i love getting downvotes :)

• Idgaf
    You shouldn't either

• I love downvotes tho

• It was at one point, it's a stupid idea.

The ability to agree with a post without the ability to disagree with it is fairly pointless, as it does not offer an accurate display of the viewers opinion of that comment.

• They removed the downvote feature once, than they brought it back.
    they could keep it on grounds that if someone wants use it to
    purposely downvote someone than they should lose X-Per each time
    they downvote someone. Myself to be honest, i wish they would do away
    with it all together but than you will have people whining why don't they bring
    back the downvote feature. My idea is do away with it altogether i find it useless
    also they could keep the downvote feature and make a feature for people to use
    who don't want to be downvote then people could be blocked from downvoting
    me i say there are ways to work around this system, to let them keep a feature but
    fix it so people are all put up with being downvoted all the time for no apparent reason.

• No I get a strange sense of satisfaction at the number of down votes I receive.

• More from Guys
    17

What Girls Said 20

• well that s the real world
    it ain t all pG and butterflies and all
    srsly I think they should leave it
    the really annoying stuff is the racist hateful comments not the dislikes

• Lmao Nah it makes me laugh. Bring on the downvotes!

• Come on downvotes!
    Come at me!
    I'm here to win this thing!!!
    What, is this not a contest?

• I get what you mean with "negative energy" thing but people should just except that not everyone can agree with them.

• It probably cuts out a lot of potential comment arguments, though. A little downvote gets the point across without starting anything directly.

Now, what I'm really not a fan of is the locking of questions. Hate it.

• It already was removed and it sucked, it's better to be able to see who agrees and disagrees.

• We just got them back, gtfo.

• Nah, it's cool :P

• No I like them. I like knowing when someone disagrees with me. I prefer them comment as well, but I still want to keep the downvotes

• Nah, I'm fine with it.

• No, we just got it back. You can't have positive energy without negative energy.

• I don't think so, it only shows that people don't agree

• GAG did remove them a while back & the people revolted so the downvote was returned.

• Nope, we should keep it.

• eh, just grow a back bone

• They did that once. It feels very censored

• No, I am fine with being down-voted. It means my opinion had an impact on someone even if it was a negative one.

• I personally like downvoting, i've never actually used it but i like to see what gets downvoted and what doesn't. Plus the whole purpose of this site is to seek and give advice or opinions and there are always different perspectives, so why not allow it? I would like to se people give reasons they are downvoting some though.

I thought i'd get more downvotes than this, but whatever.

• No, it shouldn't be removed

• Nope. Sometimes I like to downvote everyones opinion just for fun. I won't be able to do that if that option is taken away.

Don't you have anything better to do?

@Kantana lmfaooo exactly what I was thinking
      But this is a good troll btw😂

Thanks I try.
      This wasn't some of my best work though.