Should I take a break from G@G?

SO, I posted a question like 10 mins ago announcing I was going on a break, it got removed for not being in 'proper question format'. I'll be super pissed if this gets removed again, ngl.

I've got lots of stuff going on in my life right now, and I think I need to take a bit of time off to manage everything.

I'll still be checking in often I'm sure, but I don't think I'll be as active as I am now. For those that have me on it, I'll still be on kik.

Also, I figure a solid 99% of you will go 'I don't give two shits' but it's just easier to send out a blanket question like this for the 1% that do sorta care... or at least notice, lol.

(So this classifies as a question, feel free to come up with suggestions for how I can stay away when I'm addicted lol).

Most Helpful Guy

• I figure that it's a matter of whether it makes a positive impact in your life or not. If GAG makes a negative impact (aka a now unhealthy addiction), then it is time to cut/reduce it. If it is positive, it's time to re-evaluate reasoning and decide if cutting it out is the best decision. It may well be that the social interaction with people is the positive, part, and hey-- you don't particularly need GAG for that if you got kik or whatnot.

(Upon rereading the question description, I guess it looks like you already made up your mind... But it feels like a shame to just delete effort 😅)

To answer the end "how can I stay away question," it depends if you are trying to cut cold-cut-$5-footlong style, or if you just want reduced activity.

For some cold cut action...
    Get a trusted friend to change the password and keep the password away from you. Then, after however much time passes (if ever), they can give you the password back. It's basically separating the lock from the key.

For reduced activity...
    The best way I can imagine is time-slotting your activity on here. Maybe say that you have open reign on GAG between 8 and 9PM Saturday/Sunday. Time slot your activity so you only go on GAG during those times. Don't even go a minute over, or else you'll be going an hour over or two hours before you know it. (And if you are busy during those times, just don't go on GAG until the next time slot oppurtunity. That way you don't go over your limit.)

The hours that work for you may vary. It takes self discipline, which may be hard, but I don't particularly know any way that doesn't involve self discipline.

In any case, good luck and have fun with life! You had some pretty cool posts.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know you already mentioned this to me, but breaks are good. You can still keep your account when you have some free time to use it, but focusing on other things is a great idea.

What Guys Said 17

• I don't know why you put so much importance to GAG in order to decide if you have to take a break or not. It's not like you're getting paid.
    If you wanna stop logging in for a while, then go ahead, it's your decision. This is just a website.
    Obviously some of us will miss you, but we're just random strangers anyways.

• Go for it, I'm sure you'll be missed to some extent at least, everyone here brings their own feel, aura for lack of a batter word to the site, for good or bad. Just like in any society or community everyone contributes something.

Nothing wrong with not being as active as here I mean we all got lives right?

I personally have no feelings positive or negative regarding your decision since I'm only really starting to get to know you. Though I'm sure we'll talk art and literature in the future on here most likely since we're both artists or I guess apprentice and student.

• Does taking a break from GaG actually help?

I mean, I post on here between doing other stuff during the day. If you are on here and it's stopping you from getting on with your life then yor should take a breakid. It's not some kind of troll or negativity that makes you feel like you need to leave is it?

Nah, although sometimes people on here can be very closeminded.
      It has helped a lot previously, hopefully it does the same this time!

B of luck, it's school time anyway so study hard and enjoy your time with your boyfriend 👍

• 4|0
  • 1|0
  • Usually you come back refreshed after a break - If you stay on with no break you will just fall out of love with site and leave

• Well I'll miss seeing your posts but I understand you have to attend to other things. I just hope you come back when you have more time. :)

• People take this website way too fucking seriously...

• I don't get why the previous one was removed.

Neither, I got super pissed tbh. Still am butthurt xD

• Take a break.

It helps. I'm not back on here properly, but I took s break for like a month almost.

Still kinda am.

• Yes if you need to

• It's alright
    I'll message you on kik when I'll miss ya

• Why don't you try. If you feel miserable , you can come back any time.

• If you take a break, I will have one less person to joke around with.

• Go for it.
    You've got plenty of stuff to worry about.
    Keep yourself busy , read a book , gym/walk in the park , etc...

• We'll miss you until your back😞. Good luck

• Who are you? you're not GaG famous

What Girls Said 5

• I know it may seem a little bit insensitive to you that people don't seem to care if you leave or stay, but that's basically true on social media of ANYONE unless as some have pointed out, you're social media famous... which I generally just don't think a lot of Gag'ers are. There are just a lot of people here all writing and sharing every second and unless you have a small group of followers you know on a deeper and more personal level, most probably won't even notice.

It's kind of like FB really... when people declare they are leaving and never coming back, then they come back like a week later, lol. I will say, I enjoy your posts, and if a break is needed in any aspect of ones life, there is no need to actually declare it or justify this need to anyone, you just do it and hopefully the time off will be productive or meaningful. Good luck!

No, it's so true, what you're saying makes sense. I'm a tad addicted but hopefully I can curb that lol xD
      It's more so I can send out a quick blanket notification to people.
      Thank you though!

• No one's gonna care.

• Lmao at some of these haters. You will be missed but I know you'll be back... try to stay busy with friends and family.

• if you feel like taking a break, just take one
    i do it all the time
    no need consulting gaggers

• Doesn't matter. G@G isn't Hollywood, it's a website. If you want to take a break, take one. I don't understand why people make this out like it's a life altering decision or something.

Well... thanks for sharing? I may be making a big deal in yr eyes but I just want to let people know, sorry if you don't like it.

Yeah, fair enough. Sorry I got slightly passive agressive before hehe, it's not meant to be directed at you.

It's fine. I know I have a way of rubbing people the wrong way with my words since I don't really censor myself much.