When it comes to trolls and catfish. Do you think most are guys or is there an equal amount of girls who troll?

I can't help but think the really sexual girls are actually guys, the anti sl*t girls are actuallly girls
the argumentative anons are mostly all guys but then the rest of the blue named people are actually guys and the pink named people are mostly really girls (I hope) and the people I actually have a "relationship" with on here are what they say they are. but i'm getting a headache thinking of the possible ways I may be wrong.

• its mostly guys trolling and pretending to be girls
  • its a pretty equal mix
  • its largely girls doing the trolling
  • IDGAF show me some results

Most Helpful Guy

• I think most trolls and catfishes are guys. Girls just tend to be straight up bitchy or condescending.

Most Helpful Girl

• Trolls = ANON male 25yo
    that GAG supports and defends
    over well meaning members who complain once caught in their traps

Catfish = usually the males makes more sense, just guessing

What Guys Said 17

• I have a feeling it is mainly guys there are subtle clues you sometimes see - A 26 year old female account without basic knowledge of female biology.

• Mostly guys from my experience. Trolls and catfish are genuinely people with undealt with emotional strife that is not being taken care of, manifesting itself in to much more negative ways.
    As for catfishing, its honestly a toss up to me, i mean if you are like a friend with someone and they turn out to be a girl, it wouldn't really bother me & vice versa.
    I prefer not to be judgy of people in the sense that gender does not necessarily play a role in constituting me liking the person. I tend to like to talk about ideas, im not really interested in other people so perhaps that is bias.

• To me, gender doesn't matter online. Online is simply an exchanging of ideas. What genitals the other person has means little. Forming relationships beyond the objective of cognitive exchange is meaningless.

Also, if you're getting a headache, then it's clearly not worth thinking about. It's pretty similar to wondering whether or not we live in a computer simulation. Or that you're actually insane and everything you're experiencing is a massive delusion and hallucination. Or that you're actually in a coma, and your mind has recreated the world you *used* to live in as a means of keeping your brain alive and functioning.

Or that your mind is the only "real" mind and all other people are figments of your imagination. Definite possibilities, but since there is no way to prove them, thinking about it will just drive you insane. The only reasonable thing to do is to act as if other people are actually people, too, and not just worthless figments or programming.

I. e. thinking about things that have no way to be proved is a really good way to give you more than a headache. So, just treat people as they appear. Or ask for time-stamped photos or video chats: at least when it comes to the people you associate with in whatever form of relationship.

I'll also have to go with the Rule 16 of the Internet: There are no girls online.

"To me gender doesn't matter online"
      This particular online spot is called GIRLS ASK GUYS. This site is based on the premise that males and females have differing views, understanding and experiences from one another. So to me, gender does matter online. Furthermore if your rule 16 were true, this site and virtually every other site would be a huge waste of everybody's time but mostly guys.

You essentially wrote the same 5 paragraph piece on genders not mattering to you twice. I've expressed genders do matter and why I believe they matter. There is no point to continue on with you so I politely thanked you again for your time and position. Wtf?

I repeated my position with alternate evidence.

"There is no point to continue on with you." Yes. Dismissive. If there was no point in continuing, then you could have just not responded. Speaking of repetition, you had already thanked me, so what was the need of a second thank you, other than to be dismissive?

"This site is based on the premise that males and females have differing views, understanding and experiences from one another."

"Why does gender matter to you online if it matters because males and females have differing perspectives, yet you do not know who is male and who is female?"

"Thanks bai"

• Why might girls want to use a male account?
    What advantage is there to being a guy online
    you get less attention as a guy could that be desirable on a online sight where you want your questions and answers to get attention?
    I think most are on hear because there board anyway.
    Though really anyone could be behind the keyboard?
    media0.giphy.com/media/o0vwzuFwCGAFO/200w.gif#2

• You believe me there is males on here who are Catfish and Trolls they fall in
    many categories : Fake Lesbians , Female accounts etc.. If you want find out
    you can search Usernames, Names, Email addresses etc all for free on here
    www.pipl.com and www.spokeo.com .. I been using these sites for long
    time and have discovered lot of Catfish people and trust me these sites are
    100 percent legit.

• It seems the guys 18-29 + anonymous
    bug everyone the most, from trolling as both guys/gals
    and somehow protected under the GAG umbrella
    (b/c they generate more traffic to sell - ad money - by being controversial?)

• Guys troll more
    Girls catfish more

• Mostly one or two guys making multiple accounts and trolling probably.

• more guys for both. but I'd say with trolling it's more equal than with catfishing

• You can never be sure.
    I guess it's a equal mix.
    However, I have seen that if one girl doesn't agree with another girl then she is accused of being a guy. I mean, this creates all this situation where every troll looks like a guy.

• I think it's mostly guys who get bored and troll more. About the sexual questions, I think most are indeed from women, with exception of the obvious who just ask all girls to reveal personal details out of nowhere.

Hey, are you a catfish?

• I get accused if being a catfish often. Given my attractiveness, it's understandable

• 1|0
  • I have no idea, i just do a reverse image search and ask for socials to see if people are legit.

• Trolls and Catfish are not the same.
    When it comes to genders, I think most trolls are guys, while most catfish are girls.

I always thought catfish were mostly guys pretending to be girls

There are some, but there are also some unattractive girls pretending to be hot students (from my personal experience). They usually find photos of quite attractive girls by googling, and put them as "their" profile pictures.

• its largely girls doing the trolling

What Girls Said 8

• i have actually been accused of being a guy, but the truth is i just have a lot of opinions that guys just happen to agree with. i'm not a feminist, or part of the "hive" mentality that people say girls are all about. i think in some cases people get accused of this because people don't expect men or women to think the way they do.

• Equal mix

• I do think it's mostly guys by how they talk, but I <3 talking about sex and I'm real. And I think the anti sluts are lots of catfish guys too.

• Girls can troll toooooo!

• Honestly it's probably made up of dudes than chicks.

• Mostly guys

• I think it's guys pretending to be girls though I suppose it might work the other way around just not as much.

• Equally Yoked, these dope.