How come there appears to be a larger majority of men who are virgins on this site than women?

I notice in most polls if there's a virgin option or if people just say it a lot of the men are virgins but not nearly as many of the women identify as virgins. I'm just curious as to why this site seems to draw in virgin men but a lot of the women drawn to this site aren't virgins.

Most Helpful Girl

• Males are generally shamed by society for 'still being a virgin' by a certain age. Whereas it's kind of the opposite for women, who's virginity is almost prized in many cultures/religions.

Anyhow, because of this, a lot of the guys who are in their mid to late 20's and not yet sexually active tend to have some other issues in terms of anxiety, depression, etc.. Not sure if it's the virginity and not playing into the idealized western vision of a man thinking with his dick or if the virginity and other issues tend to just frequently co-occur but yeah...
    Either way, people who are stressed and socially inept for whichever reason tend to flock to forums like GaG to be able to vent out of anger/genuine confusion while keeping their anonymity.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have always thought that the male average age was much younger than the females so maybe that is why.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not completely sure why but this site allows people from different countries and cultures with different values, beliefs, and morals, so your likely to get people who are diverse in many ways based possibly on those factors or personal reasons.

• 29d

And when I mean personal reasons, I don't mean like there's something wrong with the perosn but maybe it's a personal choice to wait or something.

• 29d

Based on the responses most guys give around here about it most are not virgins by choice.

• 28d

That's true but I've also seen a few who said they wanted to wait too.

What Guys Said 5

• because it's much easier for girls to lose it than guys

• Because finding sex as a man is much more difficult than finding sex as a woman

• Sex is harder for guys to get

• Generally there are more male virgins than female, because girls can have sex whenever they want to

• Probably because there are more male virgins when female virgins in society