Why do some users get an over inflated ego after being on here for awhile?

Wow! I received no notifications that this question was answered at all..
Seriously GAG.. Why am I not receiving notifications for this question?

Most Helpful Girl

• Once certain users reach a high enough level of popularity, they start to get more and more support from other users. These more popular ones can start pulling the stupidest shit out of their ass in questions/opinions that they leave and even though it has next to no substance, these loyal followers that they've recruited, in a sense, will play along with it and act like it's the wisest/funniest shit around.
    Hence leading to an ego-boost for the popular ones, and the cycle will continue.

Most Helpful Guy

Sponsored

What Girls Said 11

• No clue. Some people are just trolling, though.

• Just now Got it, @jman46241 and Maybe you can get My Message: ATTENTION GETTERS.
    Pretty much Sums it up, and Great question.
    Good luck. xx

• Once again, had to go back to my questions and check lol. Still getting notifications on my Curb question which I asked long before this one..

• Forget it.. I'm tired of having to check back on this single question.

• lol!! Okay, well, when you have Gone down in a Row, All of your Notifications, Go Back, not Whacked, to this Question you are at least "Obligated" to Check.
      lol "Mute" it if you don't like what some may says. xx

• They became popular.

Inflated egos need the admiration and attention of others. Those who's ego has become inflated “care” about other people in a very different way than people with a healthy self-confidence. Let's face it, this site attracts people with zero confidence.

I can't stand people with inflated egos, people with inflated egos often have a poor emotional intelligence. Not necessarily because they can’t see other people’s needs and point of view, but because they simply don’t care. Their capacity is “full” of their own needs and opinions.

• Thank you! You pretty much summed up why I asked this in the first place.

• Some people feel Godlike when they know how to "fix" someone else's problem. The only thing we are doing here is essentially sharing information, not "fixing" anything. It's ultimately up to tbe asker. Just my theory.

• It's the only way some of them will be popular. Good ole internet fame.

• I know right! I swear users weren't so like this when I joined late last year..

• I agree. I joined like 4 years ago... my how the times have changed. But that's just like any social media platform. Twitter... Instagram (that's the "culprit") lol.

• I don't suffer from the over inflated ego syndrome.

• people validate their profile picture

• Sometimes. My issue is more of the attitude of some after they have become "popular"

• What's so special of being popular on here to have a big ego?

• I don't know. I haven't been on here long enough to notice

• I wish I could get a more inflated ego at times. 😊

• I think you just completed your mission..

• Yes if you thought as highly about yourself as others seem to think about you, it would be a huge confidence boost.

• I think part of it is the anonymity of the internet. Even if users add a real profile pic, on this site they are still talking to strangers, to people they don't know in real life. I think that adds to their inflated ego because they can say things without real-life consequences, they don't need to be polite the way they do when talking to someone in person.

• Well I think we all probably do that a bit. What I mean is when someone starts to become "popular" their attitude/answers change a lot.

• It gets to a point where some don't even answer the question, but rather use it as a opportunity to shout out to their little gag click..

• yeah that's so annoying. I hate it when people mis-use this website. It is meant for asking questions, and getting advice. If you don't want to listen to anyone's advice, or don't want to give any real advice/answers, why are you on here?

What Guys Said 9