Would you want to be a moderator on GAG?

For me it is a no. Nothing offends me. Pretty seen and heard it all. Plus I don't rat. tattle. report people for their opinions or point of view..

What Girls Said 15

• No because I'd have to report myself

• I think it's not a bad idea. For example I'd like to be able to protect users who are victims of crimes. (a minor has confessed to me an adult is sexually abusing her, I reported it to the gag staff no response ) and I often see mentally ill users getting ridiculed and put under unnecessarry emotional stress. I think it's negligence on GAG staff's part. If they're understaffed, it saves them brain function to well.. use us.

• I'd be interested. Y'all would like me as a moderator. I don't believe in censorship.

• I already am one, lol. Have been for quite some time. Nothing really offends me either, but I can recognize when posts are blatantly violating the posting guidelines and those are the ones that I hide. Often they get reinstated by the admins though, so whatever. They get the final say with every report made anyways.

• 26d

I understand rules but it seems sometimes they are hidden or removed for personal reasons more then violations. PLUS I don't feel I have the right to speak for someone else. That is my opinion

• 26d

You keep saying that, but then you say that you don't want to help us maintain that consistency. So you're in this perpetual limbo, it seems.

• 26d

Maybe so but like I said I am openminded nothing offends me. And how do I know what is offensive to others? That is up to them to decide and report if they desire to. No offense but I am sure you have an answer or reply for me. Lol. :)

• lmao I don't know how I'm still a mod

• No not really cause I'd lose that status very quickly 😂😂

• I was asked and I said no

• Not on your life I couldn't take the stress of being a mod.

• Already am. Meh, it's fine, not good, not bad. Nothing on the site really offends me anymore though.

• 26d

Then why do comments and questions get removed? If you are not offended?

• 26d

Well what interests you might not interest someone else. As far as rules I get it but they also need to be fair and consistent in my opinion I dnt see that at times. Plus who am I to speak for someone else

• 26d

Obviously. I clearly don't go around deleting everything I'm uninterested in on this site. But questions that are clearly designed to aggravate and troll people aren't what this site's supposed to be about so what's the point in keeping them on here? Besides, there's no point anyone whining about it. They sign up to the site knowing that there are rules on here, if they don't like it and can't adhere to the rules that the site has set, then why should their questions be given any merit? They should find another site that is cool with that stuff and by removing the countless questions that flood the site and go against the rules, it means that the people who have followed the rules and are genuinely seeking help or want to understand or ask something get those views rather than going unnoticed amid a sea of click-baity shit.

• No? Being a member im here is already loserish enough.

• I wouldn't for the same reasons you state

• wouldn t care less
    and not into it

• lol i don't know how i mantained mine for so long

• I wouldn't mind, but it is not up to me.

• maybe

What Guys Said 17

• Been there done that.. I was a moderator for like a week but I asked to have it removed. I wasn't a fan.

• If they got rid of a quota of having to remove a certian amount of opinions sure. Its not like I can devote my every waking moment to this site. Plus also, there's too many people on this site with special snowflake syndrome, so some posts that are"offesnive" aren't really offensive

• 26d

I agree what is offensive to one might not be to others.

• 26d

yeah, i've gotten warned so may times already, ain't no way i'm becoming a mod

• 26d

Me either lol I don't report, or tell on people. WhO am I to do that I am not perfect plus nothing offends me pretty openminded

• People do not get their posts removed here because of their opinions or because some may find it offensive. This site is the private property of the owners and the mods are entrusted to flag posts which violate the rules of the site. It really is that simple.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#9

• 26d

Exactly. That's what people don't get. They think we are running some kind of Orwellian operation here.

• I was for a while but I gave it back.

• Nah, I don't have the time and patience to one. Besides, I don't read enough opinions but even if I did, I wouldn't be a snitch. Besides, I don't take the internet seriously enough to find something offensive.

• 25d

The snitch part I can't do that

• Cool. Wanna cookie?

• Not with the current shitty system and I would have to report myself

• No, I'm not around as much as I was before and I don't want people telling me what to remove. In a big community there must be many complaints.

• It would be cool I guess

• No I dont. I think they have enough of them

• Yeah so I could get rid of the trash

• Nope.

• Nope. I don't like policing people

• It is not as bad as most think.

• Why would I? Theirs no incentives or anything to interest me.

• No there's enough moderators already and they probably dont want me.

• Yeah, that position has its appeals