Why are gag women so mentally unstable?

I honestly can't take a woman seriously anymore when she says she has a mental illness. It seems like almost every woman on gag has some sort of bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety, or whatever else.

It's like they're quick to take on a diagnosis than to look internally and see the problem is with them. So it's either women have this "woe is me" attitude and say they have a disorder when really they're just dramatic. Or lots of women are truly that dysfunctional and have serious issues in their brains.

What Guys Said 15

• It happens a lot, and it's just an excuse. Life is easier when you can find justifications for things, so instead of looking at the roots of the problems, they find a name for it and use jt as a justification for being how they are. Men do this too.. a lot.

Like people say they're introverts or have adhd or other self diagnosed disorders.. Depression too!
    I hate it when it's self-diagnosed, but I get the feeling that sometimes doctors are also quick to justify a behavior because that's what the patient wanta to hear. They go there for an explanation and as soon as they have one, they think it's ok.
    If they don't get an explanation, they just think the doctor isn't even capable of knowing what's wrong with them.

I think it's like an insult to people that actually suffer from those real problems.
    Anyway.. just my two cents.

Because everyone has a bit of everything, so when they read descriptions of the problems they're quick on trigger to say "I feel that symptom, so I must also have this disorder".. 3 cents now

• i don't think it's fair to say that G@G women are mentally unstable. i'm sure some do but it's not the majority or even close to it

• I think it is the nature of the site to attract questions like this but you have to treat each question the same because a proportion of them may have serious issues.

• Well that's just an insult. According to BuchitaBuchys, I'm mentally unstable and there are plenty of men on here just like me.. It's not just the women apparently.

• I noticed that too. I think it's often just an excuse to garner attention.

• I hope you or someone you care about never has to experience mental illness. It's insensitive comments like yours that keep the stigma going around it and discourages people from seeking help.

• "women have this "woe is me" attitude and say they have a disorder when really they're just dramatic"

It's like when people are kids and they complain that nothing is fair when they don't get what they want and throw a temper tantrum. However, in this case they try and say it's not their fault because they have a fake illness that makes them do it.

• mental illness is non-existent. though maybe you have one.

• Narcissistic and seeking attention that is all

• On the other hand every other guy got 2 inch penis or have never talked to a girl before.

• I dated a girl like this. She always said, "people just walk out of her life" she had social anxiety, depression and a low self esteem and i think there's a pattern to why people walk out of her life. It has to do with her in someway

• 27d

Yeah, I think so. Sort of like a self fulfilling prophecy. You think one thing to going to happen and subconsciously you start making decisions to ensure it will happen.

• 27d

Yea like the new guy she is dating she told me at one point before they even started dating that she was afraid he was going to walk out of her life.

• 27d

Wth? She needs to chill.

• If they have a legit mental disorder it's not their fault. If you're talking about the snotty, stuck up, bitchy ones who think they're special then yeah, screw them.

• 27d

I'm talking about the latter.

• 27d

Yeah a lot of women on here have issues. They're extremely picky about the men they associate with and who they date and then complain about why they can't find anybody. Plus a lot of them just sit back and let men do all the work. Guys have major issues of their own too but that's for another time.

• Has you pointed out they are quick to self diagnose, and don't want to seek help. If they don't seek help than they really don't have a serious problem. See I do. I have severe Anxiety Disorder, diagnosed not just by me but by medical professionals. I have been going to therapy and working on it. I think the ones that are like that just want attention, they really have no idea how much a real disorder interferes with your life.

• 27d

I'm glad someone who actually has a disorder is able to recognize the same things I am. There's all these people on here who don't even know what I'm talking about and don't have disorders themselves trying to justify what's going on. It's all PC nonsense. Like the women who think sleeping with a guy and then regretting it the next day is rape. It's disrespectful to the real victims, and people who face real issues.

• 27d

@FallOutBoy2001 Lol wow, especially with high functioning autism. Like I get that he has it, but it's not like it's impossible for him to function in the world. I work with people with special needs at my job. One of them has autism pretty bad but he does his best and that's all that matters. The other one, I'm not sure what his disease is called but he has very rapid aging. He's a few years older than I am but he looks like an old man.

Both of them are well taken care of and never do their families try to use their disorders as a way of conversation or trying to ignite a pity party. If anything they encourage their children and the people they work with to not allow it to hinder them. There's even someone with a spinal issue who comes to work every day with a smile and does what he can.

• 27d

YES. We should team up and write a take

• Psys say that people smoking weed can think strange thoughts.

What Girls Said 15

• Usually when people ask questions about mental health disorders/illnesses then other people with those problems will flock to those questions because it's something they can relate to. Hence why it looks like it's so much. I don't actually see a lot of people claiming they have a mental illness, usually they just say they suspect it or say "I think I might have", but just haven't gotten it diagnosed yet. Personally I have gotten mine diagnosed by a psychiatrist but I suspected for a long time that I was depressed and I was right in the end after all.

Also girls are more likely to talk openly about mental health issues than guys are so ofc you're more likely to see girls talk about it.

• 27d

What I'm talking about are the people who throw it in there just to gloss over it and then talk about something that has absolutely nothing to do with it. They aren't even talking about the disorder itself, it's like they say they have one and then talk about the horrible way they treat someone else, sort of like it's a free pass to mistreat people.

• 27d

Hmm generally I tend to completely dismiss/ignore such comments cause it's not worth my time lol.

• That's precisely why I avoid talking about my mental health issues on this site. First, because other people have exaggerated their issues so much and second, because other members here won't take me seriously or love to pass judgment, or tell me to see a shrink or get on pills (BTDT, so I'm good, thanks). I am no longer comfortable revealing such information about myself on GAG.

Too many people self diagnose their symptoms using the Internet and then they come to GAG with all kinds of questions that exaggerate what's really going on. Especially women - I think many of us are prone to blowing things out of proportion. By doing that, they've ruined it for the rest of us. It's like the boy who cried wolf, and a huge stigma has been created for people who have real mental health problems.

• 27d

That's EXACTLY what I'm referring to! It seems the only people who can see that are those who are actually suffering. Everyone else is the people who pretend or the people who enable them.

• I'm not sure where you're getting this from. I'm here a lot and hardly ever see people claiming to have a mental disorder. People might have suspicions over possibly having it and then seek out advice but I don't see women claiming they have mental disorders left right and center.

Also anxiety and depression are extremely common and normal and most people will struggle with this at some point in their life. Male or female. If you never experience anxiety or depression if any kind, you are by far in the minority and a exception.

• 27d

They claim to have crippling anxiety and depression. In those extremes it is not normal.

• 27d

Also, people with mental disorders in real life tend not to openly talk about them in person because of the stigma attached to it

• 27d

@FallOutBoy2001 Absolutely yes. There is SO many awful stigma's that has hurt me too about people's misconceptions so I don't tell anyone about it. But it's easier to on the internet.

• Nothing wrong with me with the exception of a big heart that has been crushed. No mental disorder, not looking for sympathy, I just like trying to figure out what goes on inside the male brain. I find them interesting, and solely believe they do not get enough credit from us women, we 'fail' at our attempts to understand them. That is all...

• It's not necessarily that many women are mentally unstable in general, but it's because they all come to GaG as an outlet. It's like going to a nursing home and asking "why are so many people old here?". It's not because all people are old, but the ones that are you'll most likely find there.

• Eh, I wouldn't say girls are only. I think it's equally if not less prevalent among Gag girls than among Gag guys.

• Ahhhh... really? Hmmm, I never noticed.
    If this is true, then if I may please say, it doesn't apply to every woman on here.

• Haha I am perfectly fine and happy.. yay me!
    What women have you been talking to? Lol

• Well duh, if they have a mental disorder then it's their brain that has the 'problem'. However, that doesn't mean it's her fault. Unless you know whether she's been professionally diagnosed or not, you shouldn't pass judgement.

Besides, it appears that the guys here have a lot more unchecked mental health problems than the girls will ever have.

• Many of the guys on here aren't gems either. ;P

• Maybe it's you that's mentally unstable?

This post is so ironic.

• Nah, I don't

• nonsense and drama wake up the brain cells and the inner id
    don't be so judgmental picky and diagnostical
    it's like changing a light bulb quirk . another shade color experimental flash clink
    girls go curiously insane after long periods of sanity
    i sympathize with you guys . your pains angst and bewilderment over girls' issues
    but how boring can it get fawning over somebody else's happiness?
    the internetropolis can make you unstable if you accept it as life's realities.

• By women you mean "men" or more accurately, "boys", I'm sure.

• Everyone on here is unstable in one way or another. Normal sane people wouldn't stay on here