Can you remove a picture from a question?

Like lots of people post How do I look? questions and some of the time I click on the question and the image is gone. There's clearly a picture before because there's comments about the asker's appearance. Is this a thing and how do they do it? I thought we couldn't edit questions.

0|0
4|7

What Guys Said 7

• Lots of people use profile pic or image embedding sites

1|0
    0|0
  • I think its because the picture might be a temporary upload on those image sites and it gets deleted, so the link doesn't work

2|0
    0|0
    • 24d

That makes sense. So they probably just upload on that site specifically for the question and can take it down when they want.

• 24d

Yep, sounds about right

• Yes it is possible. When they give updates they request to delete some or all pictures or change the picture in their profile picture.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of the time in those cases there photo is their profile pic, once they get the replies they want, they just remove it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Also, sometimes they have their picture on their profile but don't actually say anything about it on the question.

1|0
    0|0
    • 24d

Oh yeah that makes a lot of sense. Sometimes there isn't a link in the description so it would make sense that that's how they do it.

• many use profile pic images.

or use an external link... if you use a direct link it gets automatically copied to the GAG servers and you can't remove it

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah most of the time those are the profile pic people

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• The people will upload photos to imgur or a related website where you can choose to delete the photo after a while.

1|0
    0|0
  • Either a temporary link or removed for being explicit in some cases

1|0
    0|0
  • They can delete it on the website they put the link to, then it won't show up anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • The site they uploaded the image to allows for the removal of it.

I believe Imgur allows this.

1|0
    0|0