Did you take a long break from Gag at some point. and then return.. with a new viewpoint?

Did you need to think through some questions before you felt you could contribute some insight?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I did for a bit, when I was still in school, school was more important than GAG, sorry :-)

What Girls Said 13

• I think in my 5 years (I think it's been five) I've been on here, my views have definitely changed. I've grown as a person and I feel my opinions reflect that.

We all have things we believe, in one way or another that we believe. And those beliefs only change as we gain life experience. What I didn't understand in the past, I now understand.

• Im a newbie to this site only been here for about a month now. So Im still adjusting. I like this site. One of the features that I really like about this site is that you can post anonymous and noone will ever know its you.

• i have taken a few months off from GaG in blocks at a time
    i don't think my viewpoints have changed, but softened
    kind of like when you're going through the phases of a breakup

• 18d

Yes, mine too. My anger subsided during the time I was away and I understood the other person's viewpoint better.

• I've been a GAGer since like 2010 and I basically am around in spurts. I know my view points may mildly change but all in all I really think I've stayed the same person and maintained, at least to some degree, similar views on what I consider to be sensible.

• 18d

Wow, nearly as long as me! I've been away for long stretches especially recently, and I find it gives me a greater appreciation for what the site offers.

• It depends, GAG is more of a place I hang out if I have spear time, or if I want advise. I took the last two weeks off, because I did not want to encounter all of that election talk.

• no, I just decided not to answer stupid questions anymore. I also reverted back to " if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all"

• I think for the first 5 years since I joined , I did. I didn't have the zest or see the need to be active. However, I am into it 100 now.

• lmao I barely lasted a week before I got talked into coming back.
    But I think I have a more level headed attitude to G@G, and every time I take a break I come back and take this site less and less seriously.

• Nope

• yes and no

• I've taken breaks before but they weren't long

• No, I've been here consistently

• No. I've been here since July

What Guys Said 7

• I been on since 2010 and have always logged in everyday. Even though the site has changed a lot. I still try to do my best by giving my advice to users in need. I hope any advice I do say helps other people.

• I took one a few weeks ago. Tho I did periodically log on during it, I refrained from posting opinions. And it kind of helped me change my schedule here. Used to be I put G@G as my ''internet priority" - I always tried to come here before I do literally anything else. That ended up eating up too much of my time.

So now I put it 2nd place to more important things. Like... well like anything really.

• If I feel a question is important and maybe person having a tough time, I might take note of it then think about it and answer later

• I take a break from G@G every weekend :) I only really use it during the work week to kill time. I've never taken a really long break though.

• Once I stop answering, I'm gone forever, which is hopefully soon...

• 18d

Not many hang around long any more, since it's become more of a Facebook tag-friends site than an advice site, imao.

• 18d

It's mainly because the same questions get asked and most people on here are a bunch of idiots and couldn't form an intelligent thought even if you named them tesla

• A few months and same viewpoint.

• I have, few know me though