Somebody from here just said I'm not real and asked me for a picture holding up my four fingers should I stop messaging them?

It's a blow to my face that they don't trust me enough that we just talk.
So what do I do?
Im thinking I send this to him:
Opinions?

What Guys Said 14

• Like people have said, there are a lot of people on the internet who will create an entire fantasy persona. People are more and more aware of this and, as a result, they are becoming more and more cautious. Before you start to invest feelings in a person you want to know that they are real. People can tell you a million and one things but there is no substitute for seeing them in the flesh. There is a reason that we have eyes rather than just ears. We use both of those senses to confirm things. Sense of smell too. We trust those things, we rely on them in combination.

If he had asked for specific kinds of photos before and you had sent them then fine, he would have every reason to trust that you are who you say you are. If you only ever sent random photos without context then it really doesn't verify anything. In an ideal world we could trust people at their word but this isn't an ideal world, this is the internet.

If someone expects me to invest any feelings in them then I want to be sure who they are. If they choose to take offence at that then I'm happy for them to move on.

• I know where you're coming from. There were girls here who thought that I was a fake too because I didn't show my face at first. I didn't take it personal. Over time, they found out that I'm not :)

Catfishing is epidemic everywhere, not just on G@G. T

I know you said that he didn't trust you and all that, but you can't take things personal when it comes to on-line interactions.

• Oh ffs, is he worth losing over a friggin photo? Just do the sign and ask him to do the same. Mountain out of a mole hill.

• 17d

Yes he is
      I don't want to talk to someone who doesn't trust me

• 17d

I made that photo cuz I was pissed af
      Which I still am it's not about time
      But the thing is I don't want proof of him
      I trust people it's in my nature

• 16d

Do you want him seeing MORE of you or not? Personally, I don't trust the photos people DO share. I'd rather hear what they have to say, I can tell more from that than some photo which could come from anywhere.

• I wouldn't put it against him, honestly there's a lot of catfish on this site and even if u did talk to him for awhile you could still be a guy behind a face or a girl that isn't the face she's behind.

• Well if he doesn't wanna talk to you I will, lol. Even with the blurred face I can tell your beautiful.

• 17d

No you can't lmao stop

• 16d

Makes sense bruh I wish I had such keen eyesight and powers of observation

• 16d

Lol that 20/10 vision

• There is literally nothing you can build trust on over the internet, you would really be asking too much.
    And if you want to be having a relationship on a site like this, that is also asking too much lol.

• No reason to get pissed off. There is a lot of catfishing on here

• 17d

But I thought we trusted each other that's the thing
      Him not trusting me is a blow to me really

• 17d

Haha that's what I thought
      👍 Thanks bro you a real bro

• 17d

Hahaha sounds good. Lemme know how it goes if you let him reply at all.

• the internet is full of trolls and catfish. can't blame anyone for asking for proof tbh

• 17d

Even if we've talked for a long time and I thought we established some trust between us
      This is like a blow to me like we have to trust between us

• 17d

Lmao we've seen each other a lot I've sent him many pics of me and so did he of himself
      I'll prob just send that and block him
      If he doesn't trust me it's fine by me but we're done

• 16d

if he has already seen you then none of this makes any sense

• If you get on with the guy - Would it not be worth it to put his mind at ease - Sometimes I think being called a catfish is a compliment, it is like they are saying you are too good to be true - I would be happy if someone thought that about me.

• Don't even entertain it... he just wants to see more of you...

• 17d

Then why would he make it look like he doesn't trust me it really upsets me

• 17d

Well I'm about to send him that pic so he gets one last picture

• 17d

Just ignore him... don't give him the satisfaction...

• didn't know girls that hot went on GaG

chances are he'll see this tho

• 17d

I just thought about that I fucked up

• 17d

U blocked him? shame on you, sigh... Dude just wanted to make sure ur real...

• 17d

@SteamBuns well poor dude he probably now knows not to ask a girl that anymore

• Put urself in his shoe for a second, Maybe he's been catfished a number of times, N he just wants to make sure ur not a catfish, I don't blame him... I blame you for not being able to understand.

• 16d

You blame me? 😂😂😂 lmao this is funny who even asked you to blame gtfo

• 16d

solid comeback

• 16d

Lol I wonder if u think ur hurting me... Good luck with life. Bye

• Yes because you are backstabbing him right now so you're not very trustworthy either.

• 16d

How am I backstabbing him?

• Most likely

What Girls Said 7

• there's no reason to be offended by that.
    Do you know how many catfish there are on here? Damn, calm down.

• 17d

I get that but still. We've talked for a while I would've thought some level of trust would have arisen.

• 17d

@AndrewMG yeah! haha that sucks tho lmaoooo

• 16d

@rgb008 You laugh now but his glove puppet career was never the same!!! lol

• It's fair game to be cautious of people online. Someone I know was in a relationship with a girl online for years before finding out that what he thought was a cute girl was actually an obese paraplegic catfishing him. She was even able to send him fake snapchat videos. It's easy to get around those things. Getting mad at someone for wanting to be safe on the internet is dumb. Acting defensive only makes you look more suspicious.

• 17d

Honestly I don't care about looking more suspicious to him anymore
      It really does upset me and I think I'm perfectly justified in feeling that way

• 17d

Do what you want but don't expect people to stick around if you act so defensive over something so normal.

• 17d

I don't think this is normal

• I got the same thing and it pissed me off

• Honestly it's a lot of catfish talking to people on the Internet
    And I understand what you are saying. I remembered talking to this guy that I liked as a friend, I trusted him and he trusted me until I found out he was a fake.

• It's because he does want to talk you, but only if you're not a catfish. That's an anti-catfish maneuver. Not anti-you.

• Lmao there's a lot of catfish on this site. Don't get upset

• 17d

You wouldn't be upset if someone who you trusted didn't trust you at all?

• 16d

Not over someone from GaG..
      Plus I think everyone already knows I'm not a catfish.

• That "u" is soo fancy :3

• 16d

Great message huh? Ngl I'm pretty proud of it. I just sent it to him he's gonna cry like a little bitch watch.

• 16d

He still should trust someone and if he really needs a proof pic should ask for it nicely and respect if I say "no" to him. And he should explain why he wants one too.

• 16d

I guess..