Do you feel like the rules on GAG need to be a lot stricter? particularly with regard to trolls?

I feel like they sure do. this site used to be a lot stricter a few years back, i wonder why it changed.

Some troll on here feel like they can just run rampant without any consequences.

and if you're wondering i have blocked them and reported them all for harassment, but i doubt anything will happen at all.

• Yes the rules need to be much stricter about that
  • No the rules don't need to be stricter
18d How would you feel if GAG made a topic category just for the trolls to run rampant and anyone who doesn't want to deal with them can just block that category?

Most Helpful Girl

• If people severely harass someone, they should be kicked off the site.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• LOL if they made a category for that, that's the last place Anonymous Troll would go.

There's no even an option for a moderator to hide questions or posts for trolling because there's usually not a way to "prove" it's a troll.

You can report a profile for trolling but not if you don't know who they are, because 99% of the time they go anon.

I think limiting thr number of anonymous posts you can make per day would help, as well as filtering anonymous questions out of the live feed would help some... but neither is likely to happen.

• 18d

Well i dunno, think of 4chan, a cesspool of trolls. :P

• 18d

enjoy an upvote, courtesy of the toad :D

• 18d

And I shall like you question sir. 🙋

• I'm unsure/undecided. Most of the time i don't care how other users spend their time on Gag. If they're trolling cool whatever, if they cross a particular line when it comes to Gag guidelines and what not, then act accordingly. You're doing the right thing by deleting and blocking them

• In kind of on the fence... I feel that someone needs to keep an eye out for obvious flaming and provocation, but stricter limiting could result in unnecessary censorship.

• The trolls are annoying, so are the arrogant meatheads that think they're hilarious. But I don't think it really needs to be much stricter or else it will be too much, you can just block and report.

• "C" Could be a Bit Stricter on a More Careful Look on Partiality sometimes down the Fine Line. xx

• maybe, maybe not, i really don't care much, stupid is everywhere you go regardlss of the rules

• You take this site way to seriously... troll on!😈😂 mwuahahaha!

• I dont deal with much trolls so dunno

• Not sure because I don't deal with trolls often.

• Yes I do, trolls can be very irritating people.

• I can't stand Trolls I think gag should deal with it a little more it seems like they get away with a lot.

• Sadly there isn't much that you can do to prevent trolls. :(

• a bit yes

What Guys Said 19

• Some answers or comments are deleted without reason, insults and hate speech seems accepted.

• no, u block them and move on. regardless of what we think are trolls, it could actually just be a very stupid person. it does happen. u can never know if a person is a troll or not, because u can't read their mind. while u can know that the chances are high if u see them around often, u never really know for sure. stupid people are stupid for a reason. trying to predict what they are up to is a waste of UR brain cells. stop trying to control others. be an adult urself and avoid them aka block them and move on. its a hard life being an adult...

• 18d

yup, pretty much what he said. You've just got to take the high road rather than waste your time/energy/health and stress about people who thrive on fucking shit up- online. Which also speaks volumes. 🍻

• 17d

yummy everyone wants mommy and daddy to tighten the reigns and tell them what to do... im going to go in the corner and punch myself in the face at societys downfall...

• Just get rid of the fucking stupid "anonymous" option and make everyone be proper and full member of this site.

• I think they should be more strict on people who are straight assholes. Some troll posts can be funny and tasteful depending on how they word it. Humor can be a great way to get an idea across.

• Absolutely not! Things are fine as is, the moderators do a good job and you can easily block people.

Anything more and the site will become another radical liberal echo chamber with wall to wall SJW's crying about safe spaces.

• It's pretty hard to set lines and boundaries for trolling. To some, sarcastic remarks could be seen as such.

• How would you make it more strict? Sure, trolls can be easy to spot, but they can easily say it actually happened or they think that way cause who are you to tell someone their opinion is wrong? That's why it's not easy to control trolls.

• Depends, what kind of trolling are we talking about? Sarcasm is often confused for actual trolling.

• 18d

like targetting specific users and harassing them

• 18d

I guess since that falls under harassment sure. Although i'd hope the admins go through any interaction between both parties to find out what happened.

I think if you have proof and report they will take action.

• That is not that bad. Better age verification... those 13 year old kids on here should not be seeing a lot of the conversations.

• Their rules already suck. You want them to suck even more?

• 18d

what rules suck in particular?

• 18d

That's exactly what I'm taking about. In 2015 , I reported a guy's opinion as nonsense for this and it was removed. I was happy that now the quality of opinions will be increased. But last week, I reported a girl for that and admins didn't take any action.

Either favouritism or negligence.

• 18d

@YourFutureEx Pink Font rules on GaG.
      Girl power!

• yeah it would be nice to rid the site of as many trolls as possible

• This site is far better than it once was! It was at one time unbearably fascist.

• no, but they need to rethink the moderation system and prevent troll / cf accounts

• Yes the rules need more strict with Anonymous feature being badly abused.

• Not exactly stricter, but they need to be way less hypocritical and they should delete it disallow anons who constantly ask the same exact questions, especially in the how do I look section

• 18d

maybe taking away the anon privileges of those who choose to constantly troll anon

• no, its good the way it is

• A place just for trolls would be bad. Trolls don't troll trolls, that's like a rule in trolling.

• 18d

No such rule. I troll the trolls, does it discharge me from the duty of being a troll? I don't think so.

• 18d

@YourFutureEx ya but it's also really boring and unless they're a shitty troll and can't see one themselves it won't be fun.

It's always way better to troll the people who will not expect it. A place full of trolls would just not work because everybody would expect it LOL.

• 18d

Makes sense. Lions don't eat lions. We need sheeps running here and there 😋

• I don't know because I've rarely encountered trolls here.