Why do some users rely so heavily on attention?

I've noticed this for quite awhile, but recently it has grown in comparison..

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they've gotten used to getting it. They feed off of it now. And people keep giving it to them so they keep coming back for more.

• 15d

Dammit you outed me! Nah just kidding. I do like attention, but there are some users that take this site way too seriously..

Most Helpful Guy

• They're attention whores and want a reaction out of people.

What Girls Said 12

• Maybe they don't get any in real life and crave it? Or they can create a person they want to be viewed as and the attention validates that alter

• 15d

I see the validation lol. I've even seen some users team up, like life exists here..

• 15d

Hey, thanks :) I haven't gotten the chance to see any of your questions, but will in the future.

• 15d

Most of mine are private anyway 😊

• So true! I know exactly what you mean. like instead of trying to learn someone's opinion on a certain subject or issue they just post things like "what is wrong with you people?" Or "why do some users rely so heavily on attention?" 😜

• cause they're thirsty for attention

• Not just users online, it's lots of people in real life who have probably had past issues with neglect?

• 15d

Well yes, but I just want to address the silly users for now..

• 15d

I've seen much worse on other sites. No one likes a high-maintenance attention seeker though.

• They probably don't have the atention they need and try to get it here.

• Like how?

• What ever do you mean? 😇

Also, do I look pretty? 😊😊

• I wonder that too. I guess they ain't getting any irl.

• Like who and how?

• Me, me, me, me!!!

• That happens in any place you visit, not only GaG.

• bc they're pathetic irl and they can have a "cool" alter online where no one can tell what a big losers they are
    it's like playing the sims, they can be whatever they want here lol it's like a scapegoat

What Guys Said 9

• Because this site gives them power to and control to get the attention they so desperately crave. I think eveeybody likes attention to a certain degree. I think some people go over board with it.

• 15d

Yes, I much like most I think do like the attention :) But there is a cutoff point.. I can't name names but I think you have a good idea otherwise lol

• 15d

As long as it's kickass users like you then I take no issue.

• 15d

Lol thanks man. Your a kick ass and cool and awesome user to. You ask great questions on here.

• They don't get it in real life so they crave it here. Yeah, it's pretty obvious when it happens too, even with some of the faux 'popular' users.

I don't see the harm in it though, if they need something to enrich their lives so be it.

• 15d

Yeah, no harm at all! I just wanted to see what others think is all. You hit the nail on the head with faux 'popular' users lol

• To overcompensate for lack of attention in other areas of their life

• Maybe because they get no attention in real life.

• Just like any form of social media, they enjoy the attention

• ummm well everyone likes to standout. On internet you never really know someone so a stranger won't notice you until you are really popular or something like that lol

• Are you referring to the "how do I look" people?

• Probably because on this website someone is guaranteed to give them a reaction, and so lonely people take advantage of that

• Because of a very important lesson i learn't on west world, the only reason we do things is to standout and get laid.

• 15d

This question is a way of you looking for attention, damn 30 yr old on a forum

• 15d

You are as gullible as you look lol

• 15d

Hang on a sec.