Hey G@G gurus, how long did it take you to hit "guru" level?

Just curious...

Hey G@G gurus, how long did it take you to hit
I normally don't care about xPer, in fact the last time I gave a hoot, was trying to get to level 7 so that I don't have to see pop up ads.

So I noticed a few days ago that I'm not far from "guru" - which made me try to recall how long I've been a member here. August of 2014... LOL. So going on 2.5 years.

Then I noticed some people that I am pretty sure have barely been here for 6 months and they've already hit "guru" level. Seriously? Do you have jobs? Or school? WTF?

I realize that this place can be addictive, but damn. For real?

• Under 6 months - I have no life other than on-line
  • 6 - 12 months - I have a little bit of a life, but not much off of G@G
  • 1 - 2 years - I have a life, but I'm still on G@G too much
  • Over 2 years - I'm pretty normal, and have other things to do
  • I will never hit Guru - for any number of reasons

Most Helpful Guy

• I registered March 30th 2015, started posting end of July / early August and hit guru in February 2016 if I remember correctly... so about 7 months

• 15d

LOL why does that not surprise me?

• 15d

the reality is... I have over 80 opinions a day on average :P

(but at least I'm quick with posting haha)

• 14d

Thanks for MHO :p

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 24

• 6 months exact! Dunno if I should vote A or B. I have a life tho and I used to attend college those days. I am just outstanding at everything I do.
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../Guru_Logo.jpeg
    I just love it. I don't wanna be a 'master', but unfortunately I have to, someday.

• It took me 11 months to hit Guru level. I had just been divorced when I started on this site. I spent some time writing myTakes and that accelerates the process tremendously.

• I'm only level 5 but I've made a little guru sticker and have stuck it on my laptop screen so I feel better about myself :( lol

• But essentially it took me a tiny bit over a year (like couple of days over) to reach Guru. And it took me about 11 months to reach Master from then.

• About 18 months I think... never tried to rush it but I've always enjoyed being on GAG and I still do :D

• I've only been on here a week so I have a long way to go before I can give my real answer. ;)

• I think about a year and a half.

• I have no idea. I think 6-12 months

• I may never hit guru status. Because the rules could be changed any time. I don't care to be a GURU because I neither pose Questions nor do I write My Takes.

• 4 months the first time
    4 months the second time (Though technically I deactivated at 19.9k)
    2 months the third time
    I have been here 20 months and got Guru/Almost Guru 3 times, I actually was a Master for 4 months on my first account with 82k points. I would say my total over my four accounts back to back (only ran 1 at a time) is about 130k points.

• 6 to 12 months but most of it was mytakes

• I started 5/1/2013 and just became guru this September.

• About a year, I think.

• I think a couple of years

• It took me 3 years

• I kinda just became one at some point, not sure when or how.

• not quite 2 years

• About two and a half years. In another two and a half years I'll reach Master :D.

• I've been here for 1 and 1/2 years and I still have not reached Guru...

• At least a year I think.

But what does it matter now? I'm a master.

• My accounts get deleted before hand. No on likes to hear the truth and freedom of speech is censored on gag.

• 15d

While I commend your Second Amendment advocacy, I disagree with your statement.

Any/every website has a TOS that you agree to when you sign on, this one included.

The thing that most people choose to overlook regarding the FIRST AMENDMENT, is "free speech" doesn't include ALL speech in EVERY situation. Anyone that says that it does or should, is intentionally or ignorantly misinterpreting.

However, if you disagree, I suggest that you post a take or question about "free speech" - obviously outside of the USA, there are varying laws about it as well. :)

• I have been here since December 2008 so what I have is what I have obtained since then.

• 8 months i guess

• 6month

What Girls Said 19

• One Year, dear For... Guru.
    Although I am Here a lot, even Master now, my own Job with Helping Others Outside of Gag, is a Luxury I have to be Able to have "Two Jobs," you could Say.
    As far as Master, More points were Needed, so more Motivation was Added, and in September, 4 Months Shy of Being on here 3 Years, dear, I am now Master of my own Domain. xx

• 15d

LOL what is in your coffee?

• 15d

LOL!! Oh, Lord, No, girl, I don't like the The Bitter Taste of Coffee.. I am more into a "No Meanie Mood Bean" which Makes me More Pleasant on Here, dear, and More Helpful to Some, hun. xx

• I'm not sure :P I know that it's been almost two years and I've made it to Master... I'm guessing it would've been around a year to Guru?

• It definitely took me over 2 years. I can't remember for sure but it didn't happen quickly.

• Honestly... I have no idea.

• Probably over 2 years lol. I don't remember.

• Haha. I'm on gag WAY too much, but guru status took me just about a year. I recently figured out that it takes me around 4 months for every 7000 points.

• I hit the Guru level twice. The first time, was on GAG previous version and it took me 4 years Lol
    But when they changed the Xper Levels, I went back to level 9, and this time I took 1.5 year to reach the Guru level.

• I wish I could remember... maybe 6-9 months. I was a lifeless 16/17 year old :)

• It took about a year to a year and a half for me.

• Mmmm almost a year but I wasn't active the first 3 months or so.
    9 months :p

• 15d

Yup hahahah I didn't have a life tbh I stopped going to Uni for 3 months while waiting for my approval to law school and I was hardcore "Gagging" (sounds wrong but couldn't find another way to say lt :p) .

And i still use it a lot but I have a life now 😂 I just still manage to use it

• I've been a member since around 2012 and still not hit guru. Often because im typically a very busy person without time to answer every little thing like some people on here i notice.

• almost 4 years
    just turned Guru earlier this month I think
    i'd still be level 9 if i wasn't between jobs last year :/

• A little over 7 months. It was also a bit easier to earn points back then tho.

• Like 4 years

• I'll be stunned if I ever hit it, and figure it take a year on avg.

• It took about 5 ish months give or take. I was fairly active for a long while but I do take short breaks every now and then.

• I don't remember when I became a guru, but I've been here for a year and almost 4 months on this account... I don't think it took me very long.

didn't take me long on my other account either, definitely way less than a year

• A bit more than a year 🙈

• How many Xper do you need to be guru?