Should Gag give new users a welcome package, including some Gagers who are willing to chat with new users?

Currently new users are on their own here. They get a one line welcome and that's it.

12d so many people that seem insightful ask one question and then leave. Maybe we could allay this with a systematic welcome.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wonder what percentage of newly created accounts are actually not used for trolling... and how many actually stay for more than one question post... i bet it's a pretty small number

• 16d

That's mostly because of the slew of faddish 13-14 your olds, always looking for the latest hot site.. You'll never get them to stay long anyway.

And maybe if people were welcomed and had people to talk with on the site, they WOULD stick around longer. I think so...

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 21

• Nah, we've all managed thus far without all that extra stuff. If anything, a link to the FAQ could work.

• I am still Wondering Why they Cannot Chat with anyone Here, dear, Unless we send First, with Someone who May be More than a Level1, hun. xx

• 16d

*Good ideas though, @martyfellow xx

• 16d

Yes, right, on top of that it's difficult for Level 1 people to even contact other users! Not so easy for the rest of us with all the private profiles, etc., but especially difficult for level 1 beginners.
      Good point.

• 15d

Thank you, hun, and Still even Hoping for Delete and Edit here, so we can be in charge of something. lolxx

• I believe most people are smart enough to figure this site on their own
    A one line welcome message linking them to the FAQ would suffice
    ... or the "What is GirlsAskGuys?" youtube video

• At least point them in the right direction eh.

• I don't think so. People should be able to jump in and engage themselves. However, if there was some type of scroll or thread saying so-and-so just joined, perhaps more users would take the time to notice a new users presence.

• At least maybe some helpful tips etc, through the PM if nothing else!

• lol i got nothing when i joined

• It would be pretty sweet of them.

• no i like this way better! it picks out and exposes those who are here for stupid reasons. Plus this way shows you how other users are. And what are views are on some topics. This way they won't be interacting with someone completely opposite of them!

• Are all new users limited with a 5 year old knowledgeable brain?
    We don't need a step by step rule book or assistance. If you do, you can always ask, which is what this is for, to ask what you need help with.

• 16d

Any organized forum would benefit by showing more appreciation for new users, no?

• 16d

I think you are also pretty new, though I can't tell exactly from a hidden profile

• 9d

This person who said we did't need a welcome.. has left Gag in the past couple of days herself!

• No, this way is good. It weeds out the weak and incompetent so gag is left with nothing but the best

😂

• No it's just a website lmao

• I think this site should offer more rewards to its users maybe more money on the Amazon card.

• 16d

We'd get even more point grubbing 'point farmers' if we did that. People who clog up the site with 2 and 3 word answers that are meaningless. Used to be they could give 1 word answers, and we had more of them. If there were more money involved, God knows how many of those clowns we would have.

• Yes I've never been welcomed even though I'm new 🙁

• That'd be cute but I don't think it's necessary.

• That would be great even if your new on gag it's quite easy to make friends and understand how the site work. It will be a cute attention

• I don t think it s necessary
    It s not too hard to manage here 😛

• 12d

There's very little sense of community, So many people ask one question and then leave for good...

• Yes what a great idea for sure :-)

• hmmm well that might be a warm welcome

• I don't know about that, it depends. Some people might like it but some might not.

• 16d

Why would anyone object? You'd have to volunteer to talk with the newbies... if you don't want to be bothered with that, you wouldn't be affected...

• We need this package 📦

What Guys Said 7

• reactiongif.org/.../...ou-laugh-John-Candy-GIF.gif

That's all they need. LOL at people that try to treat this place like Facebook rather than a question and answer website.

• I dont think so lol this is a website to pass the time, not a full time job. People can manage on their own.

• Complementary GaG t-shirts!

• Fuck that shit. The first thing I do on every account is delete toothless princess (gagtakes) and tolga the tranny (girlsaskguys)... If they added smurf accounts to talk to me I'd block them... I use to block admins, and then they changed that. :D

• lol this site is about asking questions, not finding chat partners, friends, or anything like that.

• Yeah that would be something interesting to do for new members who join.

• i m new and no thanks.