Favoritism towards people who hold titles like moderators and editors on G@G?

I've noticed that if you report people or their blatantly antagonist/offensive comments or messages on G@G who have one of these titles, their posts don't get removed and they are not told anything about it. Has anyone else noticed this?

• Yes I noticed
  • No I didn't
  • Other

What Guys Said 8

• I've been on gag for some time and of course I've noticed.. Also their questions would most of the time given that popular fire icon to indicate it's popular.. Even though sometimes only 2 people have answered for the last 30 minutes, so that they can get more answers.

• I've noticed it towards some mods, though I haven't for the Editors... not that I pay much attention to Takes anyways.

• There's a difference between a kid finding it offensive in the moment and the mods actually taking a good look at it and determining whether it's actually truly offensive or not.

• 8d

Well I don't know if that was directed towards me due to my age but I can assure you I don't easily get offended but someone sent me a really screwed up pm ending with "so go back to the food stamp line with your mommy". And she went on a few old posts of mine and commented really rude things. I don't think of myself as an unreasonable person but that person really was blatantly harassing me... and yet her opinions are still up and she's still around.

• 7d

No ha, I mean the rude opinions she posted on my posts, of course her inoffensive posts should stay up. And yeah, I blocked her. Thanks for the advice.

• 7d

Ah I see what you mean that was my mistake yea those posts should be taken down yeah. And good that's about all you can do then.

• Yes, I've had it happen to me. Someone came on my opinion
    to argue and antagonist they were a moderator i reported them
    so your not alone and from now on i won't argue with them just
    report them.

• Yeah, they're all losers anyways. They need something to feel better about themselves

• That isn't a thing. It really isn't.

• who cares lol its gag

• like that bellepepper mod
    gosh she make me sick

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe it's because they have shown, at least in the past, that they have been given those titles because they follow the site rules. However, that doesn't mean that the badges cannot be removed if they get enough reports about negative behavior.

• I have noticed this. However I am an editor and I've had TONS of my opinions take down. Most for stupid reasons. Meanwhile I have had to fight to get genuinely offensive opinions taken down.

• noo? everything goes through the admins. In the end they decide we just report things. If you violate the rules on GAG your post will get removed. Simple

• 9d

Well there is this editor who was harassing me and even sent me a realllyyy screwed up pm and nothing's happened to her or her posts and it bothers me because when I stood up to her my post was removed for being "too antagonist" even though I said literally the same thing she said to me (in fact she said much worse)... 😞

• 9d

Okay thanks!

• 9d

"We don't take harassment lightly on this site."

Ooo, good one. Okay, my turn.

Global warming.

• I actually reported somebody for the first time yesterday - the 13 year old Turkish kid who was going round telling everybody to fuck off (I think he spelled it fuk off). He was gone pretty quick. Probably it wasn't just me, lol...

• I haven't noticed this actually, may I ask what happened that made you notice it?

• 9d

Well when I report offensive comments from some mods or editors they don't get taken down most of the time, but that nevet really affected me much. However there was an editor harassing me recently and nothing happened to her/her posts, then if I would reply with the same insult my comment would be removed. Just thought that was a bit of a double standard.

What made you notice if you don't mind my asking?

• 9d

Okay, good to hear, I hope it's resolved.

• 9d

Thanks! 😊