What is a G@G influencer?

So after the new g@g update I've noticed I became a "G@G influencer". Can someone explain what this means? Thanks.

What Guys Said 16

• they should've sent you a message

Congratulations!

You have been awarded Topic Influencer status! Topic Influencers are members who have a high MHO%, ask engaging questions, and have high overall interaction in certain topics on the site. We have noticed your engagement in certain topics and felt you would be a great member to become a Topic Influencer!

Starting immediately, you will notice a new “Influencer” badge beside your username when you post in your designated Topic. The Topic (s) you were chosen to be an Influencer for is listed on your profile, right underneath your username at the top of the page. You will also notice the look of your profile is quite different. You now have a larger cover image, an “Influencer” badge, and you can add your social media accounts to your profile!

Your posts as a Topic Influencer will be more prominent and visible. Any Questions or myTakes that you post in your specific topic will be automatically promoted and featured on the site! When you post Opinions on questions/myTakes in your topic, they will also show by default at the top of your gender section.

If you have any questions about your new role as a Topic Influencer, don’t hesitate to contact us! Information about this can also be found in our FAQ.

Thanks so much for your contributions to GirlsAskGuys!

• I don't know but I kinda wish I had a badge thing under my name

img.4plebs.org/.../1434478495939.jpg

I been here for ages and I don't get nothing

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

• 11d

At 25% mho you should have one

• 11d

Yeah why aren't you a gag influencer haha

• 11d

@YourFutureEx

You just touched my heart you know?

cache.boston.com/.../bs25.jpg

I removed, the jews, the turks and the demons but I will never remove technology. I think it's safe to say that I make this website a better place (and I think of the children)

@ RainbowFanGirl Because there's no tech topic, if there was I'd probably lurk there 24/7. But it's a hard knock life for IT guys you know?

• This is the first I hear about this. Update the question when someone answers, I'd like to come back to this.

• Don't know. Luci said it had something to do with MHO% and contribution to certain topics, but I've seen people with 7% MHO having that badge, and people with fucking shitty questions with it too XD
    So I honestly don't know what criteria does GAG use to determine who earns the badge and who doesn't.

BUT, it doesn't seem to have much effect, if it having it would earn me weekly or monthly Amazon gift cards, then I would care ;P

• I haven't noticed it... I'm playing too much videogames these days and I'm not logging in much xD

• Your question is the 1st time I read it

• Maybe because you are an uber status? I just get gig messages everyday but it doesn't say that

• Probably means you have a large influence over the other gaggers and have a large following.

• That's something I am not -_-

• I don't know, but I want that cool badge 😠

• meh, me apparently not. I guess over 80 opinions a day on average is not enough to have any influence lol

• I have no clue what this means other than it means I feel special since not everyone is an influencer.

• I got it in food and entertainment
    Im guessing its like a super editor

• So did I, I'm still not sure,

• i've seen that too.
    what is that?

• I became an influencer in "Entertainment & Arts" I see... cool, I have wrote so many music Mytakes after all. Haha. Congratulations to you as well.

What Girls Said 15

• According to their message, you write intriguing or thoughtful comments on certain topics here on G@G. As a result, you have been given this badge along with the topics you "influence" on your page. You also have more things to add to your profile page if you so choose.

• All Influencers should have received a message explaining what it is. Other users here have answered perfectly but just to let everyone else know, the information is available in the FAQ as well. :) http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#145

• 11d

Thanks for the link :)

• 10d

@Yumix lol you've really thought this through huh bud?

• "Gag Influence" Here, dear, Means Someone, hun, like Yourself, who is Apparently an Asset to Gag with Your own Questions and Comments. I Find this to be True.
    With 600 Followers and Now a Master, I find that with Helping Others for nearly 3 years, my Sole Reason of my own Season for Being here, Has Helped others to Be a Bit more Influential in their own Life of Strife. xx

• 11d

Thank you, @RainbowFangirl, and just now had seen a Message from Gag that I am too an "Influencer," it is under my Master Stats.. Congrats, was away for 5 days and not familiar with new title. xx

• 11d

All my profile info is now gone.:((xx

• Topic Influencers are members of our community who have a high MHO%, ask engaging questions, and have high overall interaction in certain topics on the site. These members have been identified as helpful, knowledgeable, or simply post interesting content about specific topics.

When a Topic Influencer asks a question or posts a myTake in their designated topic, the post will automatically be promoted and featured on the site. Similarly, when a Topic Influencer posts an opinion to a question in their Topic, their opinion will appear at the top of the default sorting list for their gender. These members can also add their social media accounts to display on their profiles!

Topic Influencers' posts will be marked with a purple Influencer badge next to their username.

• I have no idea. Lol, weird they wouldn't tell you what it means before giving you the title/or at least an explanation.
    I can see you being an influencer though, you write a lot of interesting questions and influence GaG positively.

• I got food and beverage! Which is ironic because i've got cupcakes as my cover photo lol I quite like it :D

• 10d

I got two topics hahah

• 10d

It's pretty cool 😎
      How do you like yours? I love your food takes hahaha

• 10d

I was pretty excited about it too! I think it's cool how we can have links and pictures on our profile pictures! The badge is pretty neat aswell!

Thank you lovely 😬😘

• I'm an influencer too. I think that is so cool lol. I guess basically we can influence the site because we're really active on here

• Me apparently. Not sure in what category though.

• don't get it either
    but one thing is for sure - as an "influencer" you have a tricked out profile page
    fancy!

• Never heard of it. Does gag have a faq page?

• I have no idea but it makes me feel like I've become a manipulator even though I'm not trying too.

• Sounds like something you'd find in North Korea. 😒

• Something I might never be, unless I become The Puppeteer. Mwhahahaa

• 9d

I usually answer questions from different topics, so I don't think I'll ever be one. Neither I want to become one.

• I just found out what this means and it's cool af.

• Something i will probably never try 😂😂