How do you feel about the new 'Topic Influencer' badge?

Under the FAQ it reads:
"Topic Influencers are members of our community who have a high MHO%, ask engaging questions, and have high overall interaction in certain topics on the site. These members have been identified as helpful, knowledgeable, or simply post interesting content about specific topics.

When a Topic Influencer asks a question or posts a myTake in their designated topic, the post will automatically be promoted and featured on the site. Similarly, when a Topic Influencer posts an opinion to a question in their Topic, their opinion will appear at the top of the default sorting list for their gender. These members can also add their social media accounts to display on their profiles!

Topic Influencers' posts will be marked with a purple Influencer badge next to their username."

I first noticed this badge next to @Waffles731 name, go check that out because he's got a cool purple badge on his profile :P

10d Honestly, I'm still a little confused as to what they do exactly, but I guess time will tell.

What Guys Said 21

• I got an influencer badge thing. I don't mind it, but I'm confused why I got it for "Health and Fitness." I hardly ever answer anything in that category I'm pretty sure. I'd rather get an influencer badge in like G@G Community or Entertainment and Arts... or maybe just even Guy's Behavior. I probably post more stuff in that. I dunno. I feel like that would make more sense lol.

... Like I'm happy to have my content considered decent or whatever, but I'm confused my health and fitness was selected out of it all.

In any case, all I think it really does is make my profile more fancy, and possibly create more cynicism towards any of my opinions (thinking of how people react to "expert badges" when they post something).

• Replace the word influencer with enforcer, and they've got badges as well, do you see what I'm getting at? They are the law now and what they say goes. We are nothing but choir boys compared to them ! Choir boys !

https://youtu.be/2NowB4QPZR4

I'm not sure if I welcome these influencer overlords. . .

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

• I have seen it and read about a question from someone else who got the badge - GaG love their badges, don't they - I usually let this things pass me by, some people love all the badges but I find them a bit overcooked personally - I would prefer just to have a profile with my age, pic and country - I don't need any badges if people want to know more they can read "About Me" or read my opinions - As I say to each their own some people loved being a "Master" but I didn't like it so I deactivated and started again/

• 10d

That's fair enough. They definitely love their badges lol

• I don't think they are worth it. There are better members who are not influencers. I post more comments , get more likes and get more MHO's every day and have more friends and followers then some of them. My only problem is , I don't try to post questions and opinions.

• 8d

Okay , if they say , I am an influencer , is there a way for me to opt out? Because I don't want to see that tag on me.

• Sounds like these are hand picked by the admins.
    Doesn't seem to make much change, except increasing the ego of some XD

• I think its fuckin retarded and just another useless thing gag has added because the admins are bored and need something to do. Just stick with simple, guys. No need to bloat the site with shit no one asked for.

• Yeah I just started seeing this today also it's something new gag came out with, gives them a new badge and a different status

• It seems you can't follow or unfollow them. You are forced to see their views hmmm

• useless.

there are so many more important things they could have spent their time on. I don't think this adds anything to the site other than a few cm to the new influencer's e-peen

• 10d

update: the fact that they removed all the basic information from influencers profiles is fucking annoying. I wanna know how old someone is, relationship status, stats, etc and not see a giant fucking badge and tons of whitespace

• 9d

I agree

• I'm indifferent about it, tho having the badge does make me feel sorta special since not everyone has a influencer badge.

• 1|1
  • I feel like it's similar to those guru badges and what not. It's nice in theory but no one takes this site seriously enough to be "Influenced" by a "Guru".

• I'm not sure what Topic i'm an influencer of, so I'm honestly somewhat confused about it.

• Shutup. You asked this question so that it could be chosen and featured, you snake. 😂😂😂

Sly as fuck. 😏 jeez you'ree cool ey?

• 10d

Lol... they won't choose me, I guarantee it.
      I troll too much.

• 10d

I've also some some occasional trolling (mostly anon) but they choose a lot of my questions just for just 😂😂😂

• "No lifers" hah 😎

• I don't have that badge so #StopRacism #MyBadgeMyChoice

• 8d

That mybadgemychocie doesn't work,
      I literally logged into gag that day to find I was suddenly an influencer and all my profile bio was GONE.

• They are useless, a not needed attempt to stay relevant.

• "Put your hands up in the air like
    We don't care " 💁

• Didn't know anything about it until I came across this post.
    Unique to say the least

• Yeah looks cool.

• BEANS GREENS POTATOES TOMATOES!

What Girls Said 14

• I'm fine with it, though I don't think it'll change much in the grand scheme of things.

• Neat.

• I think it's a little weird and looks kinda awkward but I guess we'll see...

• I think its a step in the right direction. Just what gag needs is more little badges and identifiers to further devalue the already generally meaningless ones there are.

• it's pointless
    especially when GaG already list the Gaggers with the highest MHO% in a topic on the sidebar

• I don't get it lmao

• **looks at profile is still the same...**

nope could care less

• I don't particularly care. It's not going to make me value one person's opinion over another's.

• It's cool lol 😂

• This is the first I have heard of it. To be honest I don't think I'll be on the list.

• I don't really care.

• pffff nothing lol im here just for lulz

• I am very triggered that I was not picked and I am currently cutting myself

• I like it... was really surprised I got it.