Why would gag do this?

A guy asked a question about if we ever feel like giving up. He talked about how he thought of driving off the high way the other day. I get that suicidal questions are removed but this is someone who needed some advice. There were people offering insight and providing him with words of encouragement. Gag just removed the question out of nowhere. I don't think it's right. Sure if someone is asking for advice on how to kill themselves or posts a picture of someone and says should they just end it then yeah those should be removed. But taking away questions like the one I'm mentioning means you could be taking away the opportunity to save someone's life. I feel so upset right now.

5d A user mentioned they refer them to a suicide help line in which professionals can offer assistance. It's good that they provide these resources and remove questions that could be triggering to others. @Red_Arrow explained it really well so I do feel better about it.

What Guys Said 10

• People asking questions like that could be going through many different things. It is not just one easy answer fits all. If I remember correctly, GAG refers them to a suicide hotline which is manned by well trained professionals.

Too often a simple conversation about suicide may contain triggers that actually do more harm than good. So it has been GAG's practice to cut off wll meaning but possibly harmful conversations and turn them over to the experts in that field.

• 5d

That's a good explanation for it, and I do feel better knowing they refer them to a help hotline rather than deleting the question for "nonsense" or something of the like. I was worried he wouldn't get the advice he was looking for but it's good they do offer help.

• While the majority of us want to do the right thing and give words of encouragement, there's always an exception to that rule. The asker is already depressed and considering suicide if some careless person says the wrong thing... well it's just not worth contemplating.

Also when those questions get removed, the question asker also gets a reference for professionals to help them like the suicide help line.

• With the influx of trolling asshole users here, it is too risky for someone who is made it known that he/she is suicidal, to be on here and be negatively triggered.

• Amongst what everyone has already said - we also don't need anyone triggering the person to push them over the edge...

• Gag has a policy of sorts regarding that.

Though let me tell you from experience a professional can't relate to something going through that as much as someone else who's actually attempted it could.

• I mean, they can do whatever they want. It's their site

• It is bad and i get your concern but i think it's a liability issue. They don't just delete it and do nothing, that would be really bad so they do their "due diligence" and refer the person to the right people trained for such matters.

• Yeah I wrote a message to that guy. Maybe someone reported it for "suicidal tendencies", which is an option when reporting a question/comment.

• Probably. Don't wanna be afraid someone would sue them

• You triggered?

• 5d

Had she been triggered, you'd not be alive here.

• 4d

When someone is ranting they are speaking in an overly excited and hostile tone, aka angry.

I wasn't angry, my tone was pretty calm and my emotions were leaning more towards sad. That's not ranting at all.

• 4d

Not even sad, but concerned.

What Girls Said 6