Why is my GAG purple and why do I get emailed daily with questions?

Okay so I thought this was a generic update but apparently it's not?

If it's not normal what does it mean?

Thanks in advance

2d I saw on @Paris13 she's now an "influencer" or something so I was wondering if purple is a new colour like guru? I'm so confused. I swear GAG is trying to make as many changes without telling anyone so people will leave. Dafaq is happening.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 6

• The purple is just a new color scheme. They do that every few months.

What they also do, every few months, is make our lives miserable with some new "enhancement" that we don't want... but that they want because, like listicles, it drives up web traffic counts and thus increases advertising revenue. That new annoying daily message is just such an example. If you follow the click bait, it drives up the page counts and your likelihood of clicking on new ads.

• 2d

Besides the purple, they changed the fonts too. I must admit that the site is cleaner looking. Now if they would only fix the obvious things like retaining the filter in a session between pages. And bring back age-filtering. And add member-search. And add a better search engine overall. It is embarrassing that, to find something here, I have to go to Google and do a search like "what I want to find site:girlsaskguys. com"

• Tolga is lonely so he emails you all the time without any response from you... He's a clingy dude... He use to be in such bad shape that he had blue balls, but they've gone purple at this point so the site reflects that.

• I feel like the colour choice is some hidden meaning about how girl asks guys
    Pink+Blue = Lavendery purple.

Emailed daily with questions to keep the users in the know so on so forth.
    Probably a decision made in the higher ups to increase user engagement in the community.

• Haha I'm colour blind so I think mine is not purple :D but I'm not sure :o
    GAG is sending us automatic messages with some popular questions and takes.
    Maybe if you have the option on in your profile that you want to receive an e-mail for every message this could be the reason?

• I am one of the greatest influencers here on GAG. But I don't have the influencer batch because of their criteria of selection. On a daily basis I get 10 MHO and 40 likes by askers. GAG members are influenced by my comments and yet I don't have the influencer tag in spite of having level 7 status and 7500 xper points. All this , I have achieved in less than 70 days. I am following more than 700 people and nearly 100 people follow me at all times here on GAG.

• it's purple just because some person thought it's good...

influencer is a whole different story.

if you are on the pc and the purple bothers you much... check out my last myTake on how to change it

• 2d

Haha, I also did that with stylish, to make it grey, and to fix the categories that disappeared from the top menu, to stay always visible near the top bar

What Girls Said 6

• Purple is what you get when you mix blue (for guys) and pink (for girls) together, so that's why you're seeing purple in certain places now. Yes, there also is a "Topic Influencer" badge now as well. That means that certain users have specifically interesting information on the different subjects of G@G. I guess they want everyone to see that those users are more knowledgeable perhaps.

• @Hidden_P I am Master and it shows Pink and my Banner on Here, dear is Purple, Lining my whole Laptop.
    With being an Influencer, I have a New Emblem in my Profile Cover Page, and it's all Different now, with my Other Info of Myself being Deleted, and I Find I had to Begin again with a new One, hun. The Emblem too is in Purple and White.
    I get Notifications from Gag about Questions Offered to me, Notifications about Everything else, along with Many Messages from Friends and Followers. xx

• Honestly, I think the purple is meant to be a fusion of the pink and blue, and those messages are bloody annoying.

• It's a G@G conspiracy to annoy the hell out of each and every one of us.

Just kidding, I have no idea why they made these changes. My bar is purple, too.

• 2d

Topic Influencer:

Topic Influencers are members of our community who have a high MHO%, ask engaging questions, and have high overall interaction in certain topics on the site. These members have been identified as helpful, knowledgeable, or simply post interesting content about specific topics.

When a Topic Influencer asks a question or posts a myTake in their designated topic, the post will automatically be promoted and featured on the site. Similarly, when a Topic Influencer posts an opinion to a question in their Topic, their opinion will appear at the top of the default sorting list for their gender. These members can also add their social media accounts to display on their profiles!

Topic Influencers' posts will be marked with a purple Influencer badge next to their username.

• 2d

Well done. Did better than my hunting.

So basically it's a big fuck you to all the gurus here. Well thanks GAG. First you had "experts" and now there are "influencers". Want to introduce "therosists" to it too?

• It's the new GAG. We have to live with it.

• I get message from gag system on daily basis too.
    It's so annoying.
    I think mine is purple as well