Why block someone you've never talked to?

Went to post an opinion on a question, and I couldnt because the asker had blocked me at some point in time.
I dont recognise the username, so i dont think weve talked at all (or argued)

So why block someone if youve never spoken to them? doesn't that just limit the amount of opinions you get on your questions and takes?

The only people i block are those who piss me off on two or more separate occassions, because maybe that first time theyd had a bad day and i just happened to be there to take it out on. doesn't mean i should block them. I only do so if it continues.

Have you ever blocked someone you hadn't spoken to? Why?

What Guys Said 12

• Because jimmies were rustled

(also post another video and draw pepe)

media.giphy.com/media/esZGs2BiaIJcA/giphy.gif

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

• 4d

Haha I've been trying to think of something to talk about for another vid!
      If you give me some ideas I might be able to pump another out sooner.

• 4d

Haha Id actually rather stay away from politics XD especially since i dont follow them.

I invited you to a question, you can post some more ideas there if you like!

• 4d

but you're missing out on the memes though, these days memes are everything

• My assumption is that you posted a reply that they found offensive way back in the day. I would never block anyone because I actually like opposing opinions, even if the stance seems completely crazy. But aren't you sort of tickled that someone for whom you've never given even the slightest thought felt the need to block you in particular?

• 4d

God everything is offensive to at least one person. I might have just written the word 'cut' or dared say the word black and suddenly BAM triggered.

• I've had this!
    It's most likely because they saw your opinion on another question and didn't like it. They're probably one of those over sensitive prices that refuses to hear the other side of the argument so they just blocked you to avoid seeing the other sides views.

• People are petty so they block for any and all reasons. You shouldn't take the internet so seriously. I was blocked once too by someone I've never even crossed paths with and no fucks were given on my part.

As for me, I've only block one user...@girlsaskguys, but they still manage to send me messages daily! :(

• I may be one of the few people who have not blocked a single person. But i find that i have been blocked by several people. It so happens that when I send a friend request , they don't accept it and then I find that I have been blocked by that user. A few people have blocked me because of my truthful comments which are just basically difference of opinions. But I find it odd that not a single guy has blocked me up to now.

• They might have seen some of your opinions, they probably didn't like them and they decided to block you if they felt offended. I don't block people for those reasons, I only block those that block me. I have thought about blocking the racist people though.

• Some people seem awfully quick to block. I can't possibly think what I've done to offend some of thee but who gives a damn.

• Yeah, several of them.
    Maybeyou pissed them off when they were anon

• 4d

That... Makes sense. I did not think of that.

I've pissed quite a few anons off XD

• Because people who don't like you think it's better to block you than to argue and win.

• I have blocked some people that provide nothing constructive so I've lost nothing.

• People will always block other users, they either do it for fun, or simply because they have a negative opinion of another user and just don't like them for who they are, it could even be unintentional when they meant to block someone else. But I really wouldn't worry too much about it. Everyone can block each other freely here anyway.

• I never block anyone over a different opinion i accept what they have to say and simply move on.

What Girls Said 8

• Guess they saw an opinion of yours that they didn't like. That's what I assume when I've been blocked by someone I've never interacted with.

• I just discovered recently that some guy who I've never spoken to has me blocked. I assume it's that they've seen my opinions and immediately disapproved of how I respond to questions and blocked me so I could never potentially post my opinions on anything they post.

• there are people here that will block you just because you posted something they didn't like even if you've never even had a conversation with them. Its petty, but look at it this way, now there's is just one less petty ignorant jackwad you have to deal with.

• 4d

Haha i guess so!
      But they posted a question about guns, i wanted to tell them no XD

• 4d

also, i have accidentally a person before so it's not out of the question, as soon s i figured it out, i unblocked them... dont ask me how i did it cuz i dont know... i generally have a "don't block" rule for myself unless someone gets sexually kinda weird in replies i dont block people

• 4d

*accidentally blocked

• they probably got triggered by an opinion of yours
    that happened to me once, to a person i used to post answers to
    i wouldn't worry about it though. it's just the internet.

as for me, the only people that i've blocked were creepers on my messages. there was also one girl i blocked unintentionally. didn't realize i did until today.

that's the only reason i block though. i would never do so because of personal opinion, difference of opinion, or if they blocked me first.

• Maybe you had an opinion/question that they we're not fond of so they blocked you so that they wouldn't see any more. It's a more mature approach than arguing

• 4d

Yeah but actually talking to that person can clear it up. I've found plenty of opinions on here I didn't like, but instead of just waving my hand and instantly hating them, I tried to see their point of view so i could understand.
      It just comes across as close minded and ignorant to me to block someone because of something they said to someone else. Especially if that was the only time theyd seen a comment of mine.

• I don't know, I don't block someone unless I have a reason to

• Maybe you don't like his face.

• They got triggered about an opinion of yours and they decided that the "mature" way is to block you, instead of accepting the fact that there are people who may hold different opinions from them.