Do you agree that basic questions get way more responses than intellectual questions on gag?

• Yes more responses on basic
    97%(31)96%(52)Vote95%(21)
  • No less responses on basic
    3%(1)4%(2)Vote5%(1)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Girl

• This site rewards quantity over quality so it's not surprising most people stay away from the very few thought provoking questions, and instead throw a few words onto simple and basic questions. Scathing sarcastic answers to dumb questions notwithstanding.
    There's also the fact that people hate debate and confrontation, demonstrated keenly on this site. They stay away from the questions where opinions can get contested.

Most Helpful Guy

• Duh... the site also promotes dumber and more ignorant mytakes than intellectual ones. This site just feeds into the stupidity

What Girls Said 9

• For sure. I wouldn't blame it solely on people not wanting to work their brains, but because more complicated questions cater to smaller audiences. "Where are you from?" is applicable to everyone whereas "What is the solution to global climate change?" will only attract those who have some sort of connection to this subject.

• Sadly yes.

Obviously the biggest category is sexual behavior.

#LowestCommonDenominator

• Obviously.
    I generally stay away from the intellectual questions because I'm too lazy to try and attempt to put my thoughts into text.

• No. πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

• Yes and so do the sexual behaviour questions. This is the wrong site to be on if you want good genuine advice about life's problems. Few provide it on here.

• Yes thats true thats why i avoid asking those kind of questions sometimes

• Yes because the answers are quick & easy.

• Yep, because they're simple and quick to answer

• It's a fact.

What Guys Said 12

• yup. I personally mostly reply to questions with quick answers too. if it's something where I need to spend a lot of time with it, then I only do it if the question really interests me or if it's from a person I like. Usually, just a giant wall of text is already enough for me to just close it and move on.

and I'm sure I'm not the only one to think like that... so no surprise basic questions get more replies

• Yeah, of course.

Is that really surprising?

• Yeah they do. Sadly even trolling questions get more responses than deeper, more intelligent questions. I'll be honest I've asked a few, and this kind of isn't the site for it. It is primarily a relationship advice site.

• I don't agree or disagree. I don't know, I don't pay attention to these things.

• Yes because at least the basic ones have the decency to summarize in one to two sentences

• Yeah of course. You go to quora for the advance answers

• Yep πŸ’
    It's more like entertaining question v/s boring questions :P

• Yeah, I sometimes ask really basic questions, just to see how many responses I can get. It's a competition for myself to see how many I can get, my record is 85 so far✌

• Quick and easy and people want their xper points.

• Yeah, probably because people don't like getting too far into smart stuff

• Ye kinda makes sense.

• Well yeah if you're answering questions you're more likely to answer something that doesn't require too much effort