Should GaG add the option to delete comments/opinions/questions etc after you post them?

Currently you cannot delete an opinion or a question... you have to wait some time before you can close the question too. I hate it.

• Yes - they should be able to delete
    50%(11)65%(28)Vote81%(17)
  • No - it's not important
    41%(9)30%(13)Vote19%(4)
  • Other - please explain
    9%(2)5%(2)Vote0%(0)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh, I would like to be able to edit my posts. Sometimes, I type too fast and don't see my mistakes before submitting them... or I accidentally hit the "Submit" button before I'm ready to post. In those moments, I wish that edit feature was around. However, I do see the issue with it as trolls could use it to get away with posting outlandish things after submitting a comment that doesn't break site rules.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't like that it takes 24 hours to delete a question. I can't stand that I have to report a terrible/troll comment before it's hidden and then actually removed. But at the same time, I honestly think if that option was granted, users would probably just go and delete comments just because they didn't like what someone had to say. Eh, doesn't really matter at the end of the day when there is a infinitive community manager here..

• Dunno why ineffective changed to infinitive lol, maybe spellcheck..

• I think you should be able to edit them, because I re-read several of my own posts and find grammar errors that I would like to fix.

• For the sake of correcting typo errors, I would certainly like to be able to go back and edit. Also editing will be necessry to elaborate further on a question.

• Yes, they should let a person who posts or ask a question if they
    don't like it than give the option to delete it also they should give them
    the option to delete anyone's comments, opinions they don't like too
    I think this would save lots of work for Moderators, Administrators but
    I would think that before you delete it that you would be required to flag
    it for review to make sure that it in fact can be deleted.

• There should be a facility that allows the author to edit, or delete, after the initial post has been made.
    Typographical or grammatical errors are embarrassing.

• That would be a great option, I'd support it.

• Yes , I need the option to delete things that I have created.

• yes, def they should add that

What Girls Said 10

• I have been Suggesting for Nearly 3 years Here, dear, for Gag to Get... Delete/Edit Button. xx

• This is the thing. If you say something in real life you can't go back and delete it. You have to take ownership and responsibility for your words. That's the way GaG is too. And that's the way it should stay.

• Editing is nice... but then some comments below wouldn't make sense... so no idea really. Maybe it's best to leave it at that.

• No because it can encourage trolls to say something and delete it before gag deducts their points

• It would be a great option to edit a limited number of characters in terms of spelling errors etc and delete posts altogether.

• yea that would be nice

• yeah it would be better

• You can't delete or change a comment in real life either.

• Oh how I wish

• Well, at least add an edit feature once you've sent or submitted something!