Why do you PM random people?

I will talk to a few of the regular users through PM occasionally but I don't understand why I get all of the random PM messages. I have an open inbox because I'm cool with people asking me questions every once in awhile if they don't feel comfortable asking all of G@G. Unfortunately most people message with "Hi", "Where are you from?", "What are you wearing?", "What is your opinion on cum?", etc.

I like this site and I converse a lot through opinions, but PMing annoys me- especially since 99% of the time I feel like it's a creep who just wants to jerk off to whatever I say.

It's frustrating because I end up being a bitch to everyone I don't know that PM's me. I get at least one PM a day from younger female users that I'm afraid might be a creepy old man- so I just block them lol it might make me look like a bitch- but the users of G@G are who have made me so defensive. (some, not all of course)

So for the question, What makes you feel the need to PM someone opposed to just talking over comments and questions?

• I have a private question to ask that I don't want to ask all of G@G
    4%(1)8%(7)Vote10%(6)
  • Because I'm bored
    4%(1)5%(4)Vote5%(3)
  • Because I'm lonely
    7%(2)7%(6)Vote7%(4)
  • Because I want to jack off to everything you say
    7%(2)10%(9)Vote12%(7)
  • I don't PM random people
    78%(22)70%(61)Vote66%(39)

Most Helpful Guy

• None of those reasons really apply for me. If I PM a girl it's just because there's something that I want to say and usually I've already had an exchange of conversation with them in a thread. You can only take over someone's question thread so much before it gets a bit rude.

It's also fair to say that I've been PM'd by as many females as I've PM'd and I don't just mean the ones who reply. I mean ones who PM out of the blue, because they want to say something or have a question. I honestly don't have an issue with it. I certainly don't PM everyone that I follow, far from it. It's only a small few people.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly it happens to me too, I just swiftly and professionally decline explicit sexual inquiries by referring to my profile. Lol. I've only ever PMed a few people because I thought they were cool for a chat, not to perv. Though back in my single days I did flirt occasionally, but harmlessly.

• yeah i guess people can't read lol

• I've had people literally start talking to me and then say: "Oh shit, I didn't realize you were in a relationship." Most people just click because of the display picture and don't bother to read the profile.

• ahh well maybe ill start doing that then. thanks

Sponsored

What Guys Said 52

• you forgot to add several more important and more 'common sense' categories:
    1. They seemed like a cool person and i want to make friends with them.
    2. I found interest in that person and i want to pursue her.
    3. I wanted to answer someone's question by posting a personal story about me.

I personally rarely ever pm anyone, and if i do, it's because i was attracted to their personality/looks and wanted to get to know them more and see if a relationship is possible.

• Even if their from a different state?

• So what happened if you don't mind me asking

• @That1tallguy he was who he said he was. We snapchatted a lot so it was actually him. We saw videos of each other.. heard our voices etc. until one day his wife messaged me on snap chat. Catfish come in all shapes and forms

• The only time I pm someone is if I have something I don't want others to know and only then it's to only certain GAGers that I'm comfortable with. I get younger women pming me frequently wanting more in depth opinions

• Yeah fuck pm, let's do it all in public.

Do you like the taste of semen? What are you wearing btw? Its information needed for my first question.

• too scared to PM you still

• PMs are all about private 1-on-1 conversations, privacy seems to be a trait that is very undervalued in today's society.

It is fully understandable why someone doesn't want to have their conversation in public, for everyone to see.

P. S. One of my pet peeves on GaG, is those who screenshot private messages and send them to other people to see. No respect for privacy whatsoever.

• Very much it's about not asking all of GaG. Or talking about something they have mentioned before or asked in a post. And hoping to ask in PM so GaG doesn't judge.

• I don't randomly PM other users although if I had to guess why, it would be because you are an attractive female with an actual profile picture.

• In my case, if I had a question I wanted to ask, I would do it through PM. Don't feel like I'm singling you out.

• I think their hoping to get the chance to sext with you exchangingredients nudes stuff like thathat. There's a lot of pervy desperate lonely guys on here i don't know why they put themselves in the position of possible long distance relationship it never works

• I can honestly say i don't PM random people on here
    if someone wants to add me and follow to ask questions
    or chat I'm willing to talk but i watch who i talk with
    cause i don't like to be a creeper and i don't like people
    who asks questions that are creepy in nature..

• I don't PM for almost exactly that reason. I don't want to irritate anyone and I can never really know if they actually wanna talk or not

Did u set your profile to private

• No I don't mind if someone asks me a random question. But I've been getting way too many people spamming me and it's annoying.

• Yeah I mean fine if people send a pm asking a question!! That's no problem. It's when the questions are inappropriate are small talk that it annoys me

• I think small talk is fine if one asked the other to message them and then it was okay on both sides.

And you're right the harassment is just bullshit that should stop but all we can do is block them

• i generally don't pm anyone unless they pm me first.

• I normally do it because I'm bored. Also, since I like to talk about sex, I rather pm people, even here a lot of people are shy about talking about it in public (questions). But no, I'm not a creep, I normally ask the person if she/he mind talking about it.

• I can't answer this, because I never pmed you or someone else without both agreeing on it lol. Maybe they are bored and feel lonely combination, there is no other explanation really. But PMing creepy shit this is what I don't understand. It is fine if they are bored/lonely and pm to know someone else, but PMing lol bullshit I don't get it... psychos

• I don't PM any body , but I only reply to PM. May be some day I may have to break my rule , but so far I am happy with this arrangement.

• No I've never PM'd anyone first on this website now that I think about it.

• I only PM a user if I'm thanking them for a follow back because it seems weird to do that in the comments.

Voted for jacking off though.

• its because you have an attractive picture of yourself. you must be some kind of stupid if you couldn't figure that one out.

• I don't message random users on here , its creepy sometimes.
    I just message the friends I've made on here.

• just to talk I guess

• I don't really PM anyone.

• To get to know them or because of the question they asked or something I thought was funny

• Make your profile private and accept messages from followers only?

• i dont follow many people lol i dont mind private questions... but most of the questions are just perverted.

• To have a good wank

• I don't PM anyone, let alone random people.

• I never message anyone.

• I like making friends :)

• I don't know what PM even means, but I'm not creeping anybody.

• www.court-records.net/.../miles-smirk(c).gif

Maybe it is because you (to the people who PM you) fit a demographic which they value your opinion. Unfortunately, the bullshit messages you receive are included. The fact your react or block them, it's fulfills them in some way, shape or form.

• Isn't that how we got to know each other? :P

• More from Guys
    22

What Girls Said 14

• I would also rather message on the question/comment posts. But some people PM because i guess they want to get to know us more personally. I don't know

• Lol. I don't know why most people do it, but I get some of the most random ass questions from people. A fair amount of them actually seem to be people asking genuine questions. I can always tell what ones aren't because it's always an awkward conversation and they abruptly stop when I answer their questions logically without being sexual.

I've never had block anyone either. If I'm uncomfortable, I won't respond. Usually the conversation dies and the other person moves on after that

• I never answer general PM's like hi, how are you , ... I will only answer if there is a specific question on a subject. And usually general PM's from guys only lead to sex talk from their side.

• yea I am a bit careful and defensive about it too
    I usually pm people I ve already interacted on the question feeds
    or I find their opinions interesting

• Am sure you are not alone on this, as I would imagine that the majority of women, me included, have been subjected to precisely the same torment.

• Why do you assume that it's a old creepy guy? When it's a younger girl and I mean I have message people I don't know saying hi because it's polite. Maybe I just like their profile and I am a very friendly person.

• Fine I'll do it in public: Send me noodz

• I usually don't PM random people. But when I PM someone, it's because I answered their question, then they ask me another question, and I don't want everybody to see my answer. So, I prefer to speak in private.
    And there are also times when I get a message from an user I don't know, and I reply them.

• i do not

• Honestly I think that is more a guy thing.

• I don't initiate conversation with anybody but random people PM me all the time

• I feel your pain

• i don't.