Should G@G add the Down Vote option to Questions?

I remember when G@G took away the down vote and there were like a hundred questions a day begging them to bring it back. Well it's back.

People said that they wanted to be able to express their displeasure about an opinion without having to get into a debate with the OP.

So, should we be able to do that with questions without having to answer them?

• Heck yeah we should be able to down vote questions.
  • Heck no. Why would we want that?
  • G@G, Get rid of the down vote again
    Vote C
  • Who freakin' cares?
    Vote D

1728

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep. Stupid questions deserve to let it be known they're stupid. Nothing more annoying when I tell someone their question is absolutely retarded or give a bunch of "idgaf" gifs and they think they're smart in saying I shouldn't have answered or I took the time to answer so clearly I do... as if posting a gif is fucking rocket science 🙄 (Then again, half of gag can't even fucking tie their own shoes without chocking themselves with the laces)

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure. But better yet, they should bring back the star ratings for questions. It's something they got rid of when the site was overhauled about 3 years ago. I think that gave everyone a better idea about what the general community thought about a question, as the votes were averaged out. Shitty or obviously trollish questions always got three stars or less, and good ones got 4 or 5. And the asker got one Xper for each rating.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 27

• Yes, there are some users who relish the opportunity to act butthurt and I don't always want to engage in a silly debate with someone who doesn't listen.

• I say implement it and then let's see what that brings. As they say, one should never judge something without trying it.

Except for pegging. Because that's gay.

• I hardly ever down vote because I'll just tell them what I think but it would interesting if they tried it out on the questions

• It does not bother me either way. Although it is kind of nice. Truth be told, I consider my downvotes something to be proud of 😏

• I think someone should discuss why they don't like it rather just down vote it. It could be a misunderstanding. But if it's a serious reason then they can just report.

• I think so, yeah.

There are certain categories of repetitive, trolling questions that are kind of asking for this...

• I don't really see the point in it to be honest. If that were to happen though, I would like it to tell me what user downvoted the post, just like it tells you who liked your post.

• Yeah, so I could down vote this question :P

• Yes they should add it, for both Questions and Takes, I think that's a great idea.

• i don't care.

• Not important. Because why waste your time to go on a question in which you have no interest in. You simply skip it

Secondly opinions are different from questions. We want to encourage question asking. Whereas opinions can vary greatly, making downvoting nice, questions are questions. There is no bad question if it's a legitimate question

• The point is that so many of them are not "legitimate" questions.

As far as "wasting time" they pop up in your live feed when someone that you follow answers one. By then it would take no time to click "dislike" as you've already missed out onow skipping it

• A legitimate question, as absurd as it might be, is subjective. So are opinions but opinions are an affirmative stance. Questions are usually asked from a position of confusion or distraught

How do we really know the legitimacy of a question? Sure some are blatantly obvious but even ones that skirt the blurry line between stupidity and legitimately silly... might still be a legitimate question

But sure it would be fun lol

• Yeah I get your points. But I just believe if we are going to have down votes at all, they should apply everywhere.

We should also add up/down votes for opinion replies.

• No, shitposting is what breaks up the monotony of Girls Ask Guys and all the shitposters would be downvoted. If we didn't have people shitposting the only questions we'd see would be "Should I hire an escort?" "Should I lose my virginity?" "Why do white women like black men so much?" "Will I ever lose my virginity?" "How can I get a girl?".

We need shitposing! #SayNoToThumbsDown

• While i advocated for downvotes on answers i am not sure if downvoting questions is a good thing. Opinions should be valued as it allows more insight in popular opinions and it can also help the asker to pick proper advise.

Downvoting questions could come off as hostile and is against the ask anything openly mentality this site should create. So no i am not a fan of this idea.

• Yeah because there are so many questions on here that I would like to downvote...

• either we should be able to downvote both or neither. just one makes no sense.

• sure, that would be fun

• Yeah. I would down vote all your questions.

• Sure why not

• I'm sorry but no I would honestly hate that thanks for the invite (:

• Yeah thats a good idea.

• yes. there are some questions or opinions that I disagree with

• Yeah sure why not. there used to be a star ranking you could give to questions, ages ago... like five or more years ago lol, but they got rid of that

• Nah. I think it's fine the way it is.

• I'm not a downvote type of person so not required for me...

• I believe if someone wants to Downvote than they should take away X-per points.

• You were able to rate them at one point in time. It was alright.

• Can I down vote this question?

What Girls Said 16

• Can see how this would be fun on Troll questions.

Accumulating down votes like b! tch in heat. Yes. Yes, we should add them to questions.

• Sure, it makes sense to have a downvote function for questions if they're gonna have an upvote one :)

• I don't see why it's necessary. A question is open ended and is trying to seek information. If the answers given are bad or you disagree with them, downvoting makes sense. Downvoting questions somewhat resembles telling people that there ARE such things as stupid questions. It discourages people from asking questions.
    I think there are a ton of stupid questions on GAG but you can just ignore them.
    I also don't really care.

• Fair enough.

It's too late to ignore once you click on them because someone you follow replied to it.

But I understand your thoughts

• For MyTakes it makes sense to have downvotes because they're essentially long opinions. People also need to stop interpreting downvotes as malicious, it's just people who hold a different opinion than yours *End rant*

• Agreed. Which is why I should be able downvote questions while the Asket can downvote my opinion ✌

• I'd like to down vote questions AND down vote the people who downvote my thoughful and caring comments.

• I'd have to agree with @therebelreturns
    I never even use the thumbs down button (seriously, I've probably used it max 10 times on here) but I feel like it's something that could easily get abused by those bitter angry anons :P

• Sure, what could go wrong? :D

• Yes, and if you get too many on your questions you lose points.

Maybe that'll help shut up these trolls.

• Yesssss

• Yes. Please.
    It is NEEDED.

• Heck yeahh

• Yes, especially on troll questions.

• It would appear most want this option.

• Yes.

• Sounds great.
    There are a pile of lousy questions begging to be down voted.

• eeh.. I don't think that's necessary

• Fair enough. Do you use the down vote option on opinions that you don't reply to?

• true. would you like to be able to down vote replies to opinions? I'm kinda thinking that I would.

• I don't know.. maybe? it would be more like youtube and facebook.. but I don't have a problem with it.. could work out nicely..

• Yes totally!