Do you block people just for having opinions different to yours?

Like if they say a whole bunch of stuff you don't agree with... In my opinion, that doesn't warrant blocking someone. That kind of ruins the whole purpose of websites like these where you're supposed to see a multitude of different opinions. I wouldn't block someone just for that but I noticed I'm blocked by a couple of people I haven't even interacted with, so... :/

• Ye, I do dat.
    18%(6)15%(9)Vote11%(3)
  • Nah, I wouldn't, but I see why others would.
    9%(3)8%(5)Vote7%(2)
  • No way, that's dumb to do that.
    65%(22)67%(41)Vote70%(19)
  • Other?
    8%(3)10%(6)Vote12%(3)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I only block people when their crude and gross or they won't leave me alone when I've asked them to.

I've had someone block me over disagreeing on how to cook something πŸ˜‚ It's pathetic, it's fine to have differing opinions - it's what makes life interesting

• I just blocked you for having opinions on blocking people, pfft! ^,..,^

• ^^ grammar error = weakened state

• haha, too sleepy for including all words and letters in your sentence :'( I feel you! Some of my posts are shocking sometimes, they look like they've been written by a cat with a crayon.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 17

• There are times when doing that simply helps keep the peace.

There are other times when you can tell someone is a complete and total fucktard that you have no desire to ever interact with. And I don't mean "different views" that are legitimate varying opinions. I mean just a flaming fucktard. ✌

• No. I block people if they harass/antagonize me. I also block people when I've told them that I'm not going to keep debating with them, but they keep spamming my opinions with posts.
    I think it's stupid to block someone you've never even interacted with. I still get kinda surprised when I try to answer a question or comment on an opinion, and it turns out the person has blocked me, when I have no recollection of ever even talking with them.

• No I don't like blocking people regardless of what they've said to me. I rather them block me or our discussion just ending.

• You should always be willing to listen to other viewpoints so long as the other person's opinions are well reasoned and grounded in facts. I follow some people that I've had long "discussions" with here. I found them to be intelligent, enjoyed interacting with them and thought it would be a good thing to continue to hear what they think.

• I have been blocked by people on here for not agreeing that channing tatum was attractive. I also have had sensitive ass moderators block me for having opposing views and still bitching about me later to other posts,

• hey dont diss the mods lol... ironically one mod on this page that 'never blocks anyone' blocked me for having an opposing veiw and reasoned argument over something quite trivial

• the moderators are right wingers who will harass and/or eject anyone they don't like

• @lucius46ad lol... some of them are ok but i know a few are exactly as you say

• No , just obnoxious people , and those who come across as psychotic. I never block people who have a different opinion, but I block people who jump on mine. My opinions aren't up for debate. I give my opinion so it won't be changed by anyone

• Only if they're super rude about it.

• No i think thats dumb. Everyone has differing opinions- thats life and thats what this site is for haha i get blocked all the time for it tho

• no it is ok to have different opinions

• Block them Here, dear, if they are Rude and Crude and don't enough to shuttyville. xx

• Actually my blocks list is empty now.

• i don't block

• No, that's very childish.

• That's just dumb lol

• It's a pretty childish thing to do.

• Well you already know me so I don't have to explain myself

• I have never done that.

• I only block the people who hit on me and the people who start asking personal questions

What Guys Said 17

• You know, I like the alternative opinions. Especially the really wacky ones if they're really thought out and not just a troll.

• No, i only blocked one user on here ever. She was calling advise i had given and truly believed was sollid advice lame insulting me in the process. It wasn't even her question , i was having a talk with someone else when she decited to interfere and call me out for my dating behavior that way. After such a low blow i no longer care about her opinions and chose to no longer see her contributions to the site.

Anyone else who had disagree'd with me sollidly constructed or not have never been blocked or disrespected.

• no not at all. i would rather try and discuss or debate the subject though i do come up against a few shouters here that like to throw insults rather than try to justify their angle. those are the ones i will block because there is no need for it here. most of us come here to learn or to help rather than troll

• I've seen it, they're usually racist, jealous, or just plain dumb. People block when they have nothing else to say. I don't. ☺️

• Well a feminist blocked me for criticising feminist. I find it really dumb for blocking me for that reason.

• Nope but I know one person on here who does that...

• I only block spammers, catfish and trolls.

• No, but I have been blocked for the simplest opposing views..

• Soooo many people on this site do exactly that.

• Some Black activist on this website blocked me because I mentioned the correlation between race and crime in the USA

That wasn't a matter of difference of opinions but of denying FBI and NYPD crime statistics πŸ˜‚

• No i'm not a bigot.

• Depends on what the opinion is. If it is a slight disagreement then yes, but if someone is some sort of crazy religious person, racist, or a bigot of some sort then yes.

• No need, they're probably going to do the blocking for you.

• @goaded I wish. Those people are like machines always spouting the same stuff and hating on others. I meant to say if it's a slight disagreement then no.

• nope, never done that before

• No of course not

• Never

• I will ban every damn last one of you. Don't try my patience

• I don't block anyone here. Only insecure, cowards, timid, losers, intolerant, ignorant, racist, silly girls, islamophobic etc do this here.

• Says the anonymous user

• Plus there are those people who simply refuse to admit it when they're wrong and get mad at you when you insist on relying on facts.