Aren't you guys "afraid" that by asking/answering questions non-anonymously someone you know irl will recognize you and make fun of you or something?

I am terrified that this is going to happen If I stop asking and answering anonymously. I am dumb aren't I xD

1929

Most Helpful Guy

• It's like Tyrion Lannister said John Snow..."Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

I really don't give 2 shits.. and most people who know me know this. I am me; I don't pretend to be something I'm not. IF you have the gumption to ask I will answer. You might like my answer but you get one...

I was picked on mercilessly as an adolescent; words can only hurt you if you let them. I find if the person hurdling the insults and slights doesn't know me then they and their shit opinion don't matter. It's only the truth that can hurt you; accept the truth and grow.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not worried about it, but I do know that's why some users go anonymous all the time or with really personal questions.

What Guys Said 28

• The world is a pretty big place. I do not try to flatter myself in thinking that what I say will change it! In general, I do admit some deep personal and private stuff in hopes of helping or trying to educate others in need. I do not hide behind anonymity, but I also do not tell my friends or family about this site or what my user name is because I would be embarrassed and ashamed if they did find out some of my deeper personal information.

• There's one woman I know who I strongly suspect may be reading my posts. I don't mind since they're publicly visible. I've even thought about mentioning my three biggest negatives just to get them out of the way. I go anonymous when I want to say something I don't want her to read. The downside is that she knows a heck of a lot more about me than I know about her.

• i don't worry about that. i don't feel like the questions I ask would be embarrassing if friends knew about it

• Wait a minute... I recognise your font... aren't you... that girl... who... goes to... nah, just joking :P

I don't worry about it. I could give a fuck what anyone else thinks about what I do with my time.

• Even with a screen name and picture, people on here could be completely anonymous. Some pictures aren't of people, and the ones that are, there's no guarantee that the pictures are actually theirs.

• I have that fear sometimes, but I'm also pretty sure most people I know don't ever come here. Also, most questions I answer they wouldn't be able to tell it was me.

• Not really because I don't see how anyone would identify me.

• No, that stuff doesn't scare me and I will whoop their ass if they make fun of me...

• nah... sure it can happen, but very unlikely (this site isn't well known in Germany or Luxembourg) and I don't really post stuff I'm ashamed of

• Lol, yeah I guess that's possible 😊

• So what, if they recognize you they are ALSO on this site. I wouldn't care.

• Lol there are like 50 Indians here in a nation 9
    Of more then 1billion

• No I'm anonymous

• that's what a username and a rabbit PP is for!

• Not a concern I have.

• my rep has already been trashed

• It's happened quite often tbhπŸ˜‚ some other gaggers are quick to find me out and expose me😱

• I really wouldn't care. Id just laugh it off and go..."yeah"

• i dont give a shit πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―

• Nope.

• im not bothered because i am me and thats that but you know if you want to be less anon but still not recognised by any one in real life you could just make your user name not your actual name and dont post any pics of yourself on your profile. at least that way friends you make on here will know when its you if you know what i mean... hope this helps

• I used to feel the same way. That's why I didn't show my first at first. Plus, my username is pretty embarrassing :p

Now? I give no fucks. If someone from real life recognizes me, I would simply ask them "so you're stalking me, huh?"

• No because I don't have myself as my profile picture.

• No, I have no reason to be embarrassed

• THIS ALMOST HAPPENED TO ME.
    It was the worst day of my life, i almost deleted my account lmao
    there's this mutual friend who really doesn't like me, and i've only seen a couple pictures of her. So then someone on here commented on one of my opinions something like "is this about me" (IT WAS ABOUT HER) and it kinda looked like her but i couldnt tell.
    Then right after this she texted me saying she had "some good shit to expose about me"
    it was the worst fucking thing

• Good to know, I'll never leave the anonymous side then. Did she "expose you" after all?

• No, i never talked to her again after that. I'm still not even 100% sure its her. I went through her opinions and questions and her typing style is different. And some of the things she asks about wouldn't make sense for her to ask. Plus the age is different but only by a year. I still play it safe though, thats why i'm anon

• hell yeah, feels good knowing I'm not the only one lol...

• Yes.. yes I am.

What Girls Said 18

• That would be pretty cool to run into a GAGer, even if they strongly disagree with my posts. I'd be down to chat with them and have an open discussion on our opinions. I really doubt that people will dislike you irl as much as they do online once they get to know each other on a personal, face-to-face level. I definitely wouldn't hate someone else for having different views than me

• All the time! I don't post pictures so I don't care anymore.

• We are all anon her girl. My real name isn't daremetwo. I don't give any personal info out. Lastly Canada Is a very large country.

• Ok you got me, Im Donald Trump

• Nope because I am being totally anonymous in this website. Do not be afraid of this or what people think if they discover you use this website.

• Nope

• how should they find you? you don't use your real name

• I will still cancel my account soon or later and I will close my profile so no one can see what I wrote.

• I am too but I think is normal. Whats the worst thing that can happen :)

• i don't care it

• If they are rude... just block their ass

• Lol nope

• I have fans. They know me. I'm not afraid. Internet makes sense to me.

• A little bit sometimes.

• I don't care - I don't have much to hide

• I have that same exact fear.

• I feel the same way πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• I'm so afraid haha I think it would be so embarrassing cause I hate talking about relationship things haha