Why can't you just share your identity?

I have noticed many members pose questions or respond as "Anonymous", are you ashamed of yourself?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• i think some people just want to ask a question anonymously for a few reasons
    1. if people know them they may want to avoid bias responses
    2. it may be a very personal question and they want to avoid judgment
    3. they want to ask a question, troll, or otherwise be able to sort of behave without consequence of being blocked or exposed as a jerk

Sponsored

What Girls Said 5

• I think I'd only respond anonymously if my answer contradicted other things I've said, however, I know I don't contradict myself- it just seems like it sometimes lol

I haven't said anything anonymously yet, but if I had to put my real name and a selfie on my profile then I wouldn't be quite as helpful. I imagine I'd have a lot more anonymous replies and questions.

• Some users don't want to post with their true identity because they don't want to have an opinion/question associated to them.
    Other times it's because they think they're sharing something too personal, therefore they don't want others to know who they are.
    It might be the force of habit in some cases, they only post anonymously.
    Or they're trolling and don't want others to know who they are.

• Unless you have a profile picture of yourself, you're already anon lol
    I wish people weren't so worried about having people disagree with their opinions or being judged for it

• They are cowards. Period

• I'm never anonymous😂😂

What Guys Said 4

• People might not want certain questions to be associated with their real life identity and they have that right. It doesn't mean that they are ashamed, it means that they value privacy and they understand that things you post on the internet are often very traceable these days.

It's very important to allow people to ask advice whilst having anonimity, so that they feel empowered enough to seek help instead of dealing with problems alone.

• Absolutely, and moreover when the system provides an option... But I have noticed misuse of the feature

• I agree, great answer, but unfortunately, 80% of anon go anon just because it is a lazier and quicker way to sign on and register for this site. The best way to get the most from this is to force everyone to be fully registered members, no anon only membership at all, and once you are a full member, then you can post anonymously. This would weed out some of the bullshit!

• I agree that member sign up across the board would be better for members but it would limit site traffic and membership uptake over all. It's a tough call for a site admin to make and the life or death of the site could depend on it.

• No, they're embarrassed, or they have people they know on here that they don't want to know what they asked or said.
    We, as in us adults, don't really care so much, eh? LOL
    I don't really care if they're anon. What bothers me the most are the early teens on here asking about adult content. They should really be screening better. Hell, you can't even setup a FB page if you're a kid. [shrug]

• ideally i wish there wasn't an anon option for all the trolling it invites but im afraid in reality i have to agree with super147

• I think in most of the cases only handful of people can extract your identity even if you are using your login credentials. I just am curious why people are ready to troll others but doesn't want to be identified. Its like I shall humiliate you but you'll never know who did it...

• Point noted.

• The way I see it, we're all anonymous. There's no added benefit to posting anon.